Note to New Members ×

Zardoz NOTWax

1xsculler

2 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

Don't go spring carving with out it.  Today would have been a bust because the snow was getting soft and slow.  This NOTWax product made my board super slippery for my two hour, mid-day session.

I used to swear by it!!  It's a dupont product.. You can buy a big tube for 50 bucks... 

Yeah, never liked it THAT much as compared to the old swix with silicone that they don’t make anymore, then the holmenkol that was almost the same. 

Current product that gets the job done better is dominator butter. 

Again, rub on, cork go

13 hours ago, Shred Gruumer said:

I used to swear by it!!  It's a dupont product.. You can buy a big tube for 50 bucks... 

Thin they’re gonna want a link! 

2 hours ago, bobdea said:

Current product that gets the job done better is dominator butter. 

Wish I had that this season... btw dominator is huge in Japan

Any reason why it's better than notwax? I'm looking to get a slush wax for next season.

1 hour ago, daveo said:

Wish I had that this season... btw dominator is huge in Japan

Any reason why it's better than notwax? I'm looking to get a slush wax for next season.

Yeah, it goes over your wax instead thinning it out. Convinced Zardoz dries out your base, I don’t have definitive proof or anything.

also butter stays on longer, can be mixed in with hot wax if you want. 

Im glad it’s big in Japan! It should be bigger here! Their product line is easier to use than most competitors and tends to be faster if you miss a little bit........ 

Their base prep waxes and the broad range ones are killer.

Four waxes cover just about everything.

base prep

bullet

zoom

butter

zoom covers most of my waxing need sometimes use bullet mid winter ordome butter in the spring.

dont like swix all temp! Will tell you that! It does have the advantage of running the same in all conditions though, slow. 

if I were racing it would be different, might then go to swix for some stuff. Still have big bricks of ch and LF.

@bobdea great! Thanks!! Going to look more into butter. Dominator make great stuff! 

I used dominator stuff for years and love it. Moved to Maplus for literally no reason. Both seem as good as each other! 

I also found this and I reckon it could work quite well also!

https://www.tools4boards.com/maplus-hp3-orange-2-moly.html

7 minutes ago, bobdea said:

Four waxes cover just about everything.

base prep

bullet

zoom

butter

Ah! Yes I uses the graphite renew for base prep then zoom graphite for daily wax with bullet on the 1 or so inch closest to the edge. Haven't had a need for wet snow wax until this season. I would've been better off with a surf board I think. 

I seem to get the same effect with race base med as I did with the full dom kit. 

Just using soft base for base prep, med base for daily and arctic base for close to the edges. 

In saying that I'm not good enough to notice the diff.

Edited by daveo

3 hours ago, daveo said:

I seem to get the same effect with race base med as I did with the full dom kit. 

Just using soft base for base prep, med base for daily and arctic base for close to the edges. 

In saying that I'm not good enough to notice the diff.

Ahh, yeah, that’s the only sane way with maplus, where it misses is on the cold end. Guessing that’s not an issue in japan. Maine is cold. 

17 hours ago, st_lupo said:

I’m pretty much a lifetume user of Hot Sauce.  How does Dominator compare?

Baaah, never liked that stuff. 

Holmenkol, vola, dominator, swix and briko maplus all are waxes I’d choose before hertell 

• Like 1