Note to New Members ×

Rally at the Thunder Dome 2019 - Feb 23 - 24 , Berkshire East

WhiteHorse

Who's up for Rally Time ?

I know I am!  I'll get things started by proposing dates.  How's the weekend of Feb 23 & 24 sound to you?  That should give everyone plenty of time to make plans.

I can't promise discount tickets or special guests (or even free beer) but I can promise a great time and the opportunity to meet, greet and carve with friends new and old !

Post up if you're in, have any great ideas, or just want to comment.  Input welcome and needed.

More to follow

Edited by WhiteHorse
  • Like 3

On January 25, 2019 at 8:19 PM, WhiteHorse said:

Who's up for Rally Time ?

I know I am!  I'll get things started by proposing dates.  How's the weekend of Feb 23 & 24 sound to you?  That should give everyone plenty of time to make plans.

I can't promise discount tickets or special guests (or even free beer) but I can promise a great time and the opportunity to meet, greet and carve with friends new and old !

Post up if you're in, have any great ideas, or just want to comment.  Input welcome and needed.

More to follow

Brain,

Call Gabe Porter-Henry at the mountain. Tell him what your doing and ask him if he can do anything for you. Just be aware typically discounted tickets are based on a group purchasing a block of tickets ahead of time. They let me run it the way I did because, between working there and knowing who was showing up, I was able to keep it from being abused. Worth a phone call any way. It's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way Brian, If you see your mom this weekend, will you be sure to tell her...

RALLY!!!!!!!!!

(aaaaand it's 2019)

Edited by dingbat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, pow4ever said:

Still rocking the pure boarding gears?

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on the mountain, just getting back now. 

Yes, but I have updated my pants to match yours! 🙂 

Glad to see you’re still rocking it. We Have to meet up and carve, I need a lesson.

Just got back from Belleayre, 12 inches new for today. I made lots of fresh tracks before I got too tired. 

CA429DEF-0CAA-44BF-BC69-3A7F93AB4442.jpeg

C78C2C7E-871F-47C6-86B6-C3A51420C568.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ken said:

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on the mountain, just getting back now. 

Yes, but I have updated my pants to match yours! 🙂 

Glad to see you’re still rocking it. We Have to meet up and carve, I need a lesson.

Just got back from Belleayre, 12 inches new for today. I made lots of fresh tracks before I got too tired. 

Orange Pants unite 🙂 

I find the louder the color the cheaper it is in the off season LOL...
Thank you for the pictures.  Let's shoot for the Rally!

• 2 weeks later...

Weather update: Good Sat, not so good Sunday.  I hope it improves!

Saturday

Partly sunny with a chance of snow. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of snow 40 percent.

Saturday Night

Snow and sleet likely. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Sunday

Rain, freezing rain, snow and sleet likely. Highs around 40. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. 

On 2/15/2019 at 7:39 PM, Armtron2000 said:

Game on! Count me in! As of right now the snow is pretty stellar! I'm sure it will be better than last year! 

I was out yesterday and it was one of the best days this season! Coverage is good. Even Upper Flying Cloud is groomed! 

I took one warm-up run down Chief, and then immediately hit Comp top to bottom. The sun wasn't even on the hill yet and I got four runs in before the race team started setting up gates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is interested in trying some equipment, I have a selection of boards I could lend out for the event:

• Pure Boarding TWO sizes 152, 158, 164
  • Coiler Nirvana Energy 174
  • Kessler Custom 171 (old and beat up, but fun) 

I do not want to cart extra boards to the mountain if I do not need to. So please let me know by FRIDAY if I should bring any of these. My boards and I will be riding Saturday and Sunday. 

Looking forward to some RALLY TIME!!! 

Edited by lafcadio

Saturday is looking pretty good!  Maybe a bit warm...  Sunday not so good on the hill. I'm planning to head home after drinks/dinner on Sat.

Saturday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Light and variable wind.

Saturday Night

Snow and sleet before 3am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 27. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday

Freezing rain before 8am, then rain. High near 41. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Edited by WhiteHorse