Note to New Members ×

Palau vs Intuition vs Deeluxe Liners ??

barryj

Palau vs Intuition vs Deeluxe Liners ?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which liners are people are buying/riding. If you vote please add a comment as to which specific model you are using.

• Palau
    • Intuition
    • Deluxe

Intuition Alpine for me. 

I didn't get along with the Deeluxe 131 liners; I bottomed out my shins through two layers on the UPZ tongues and my feet moved around a lot in the lower shell as the foam squished.  

Intuition ProTongue for me, UPZ boots.  No experience with Deeluxe boots or Palau liners.

Note that I have an extra-wide forefoot and really narrow heels as well, so what works for me may only apply to hobbits.  When the bootfitter was testing the shell fit, I have 1-1/2 finger width at the back, but moving the foot back to where it would normally sit when in the liner showed that my forefoot touches the shell on both sides (without liners).  

Is the Intuition Alpine similar to the Palau, or Deeluxe 141, that is stock in the Deeluxe Track Free 69s and 425s?  The 141 (Palau) is thinner and stiffer than the 131.

Deeluxe 141 is a Palau liner but maybe Palau makes others too.

palau overlap hard rockfoot edition. no it seems to restructure their product line, so....

3yrs / ~150days riding, all was great, seems like I need to rebake them for next season. recommended.

even my pic shown on theirs former site ?

T-12-001.jpg

• Like 3

I thought the deeluxe liners were Palau????

anyway, intuition has a huuuuuuuge product line, I can make almost any wrap liner work be it the deeluxe, intuition or Palau..... all of them tend to need some sort of TLC to make them do what I want. 

What has been chalenging is getting any of them to work in a softboot. 

From what I have seen the Deeluxe boots came with three, heat moldable, wrap around liners, i.e. 131s which have only a Deeluxe label in them and came stock in 225s and 325s, the 141 which has no Deeluxe label but does have a Palau label and came stock in the Track Free 69s and 425s (maybe the 425 Pros too, I don't know) and a 151 which I think may be for wider feet (not sure of that either).

In my UPZ RC8s, M 28,  I've only used 131s with considerable surgery in the toe area of the liner, not my toes, and I have gotten them to be very, very comfortable.  They are softer and a little thicker than 141s and after reading that Corey thought his feet moved around too much in 131s I may mold a new pair of 141s I have for next season for comparison.  I've never felt my feet moved around in the 131s but then I'm sure I don't put nearly as much force on them as Corey does.

I expect Intuition has liners to cover all of the above.  I think their Power Wrap may be similar to the 141.

On 5/10/2018 at 6:05 AM, bobdea said:

What has been chalenging is getting any of them to work in a softboot. 

May I ask why? I'm about to get another pair of Palau molded into my softboots. I have only had good experience with my boot fitter but any experience, advice or insight would be appreciated. 

Edited by daveo

On 5/4/2018 at 3:51 PM, jacopodotti said:

I have started using Palau over lap soft, very comfortable and well built, now I switched to Palau over lap hard, that holds much better my foot and gives more stiffness to the sistem.

Less comfort.

I ride hard overlap and dual fit. Dual fit are similar to rockfoot that @terekhov has but without the extra plastic reinforcement on the heel area designed specifically from the extreme carving forum guys.

I got my partner soft overlap for comfort since she's never snowboarded. Want to maximise her chance of actually enjoying it. And if she doesn't, no big deal, I can always just find a new partner... ?

120 days on my overlap hard and they are looking and feeling like new. I remove them my upz rc10 shells every night and remove my sidas custom footbeds from the liners and fully dry them and then keep them in my boots buckled up over summer so they and my boots retain their shape.

15 hours ago, daveo said:

May I ask why? I'm about to get another pair of Palau molded into my softboots. I have only had good experience with my boot fitter but any experience, advice or insight would be appreciated. 

I have wide feet, not so much the liners it’s that softboots always hurt me, never had one that was super comfy just ones that were good enough. I want to get to the point where I have a pair I’d consider them comfortable in that I could ride softboots all day.