Note to New Members ×

Burton Step On

Corran

Wow Corran!  Bought direct from Moss!   Very cool and beautiful board!     Uh....did you pick it up over there? 

5 hours ago, BlueB said:

What the hell, the inserts on pintail!?! 

Blue B - the Moss Wingpin has "three suggested binding settings that are meant to replicate different surf styles, making this an extremely unique board. Setting A: A traditional feel that anyone can relate to and have fun with. Setting B: A narrower stance with more torsional foot control for quick and responsive turns. Setting C: For the nose rider. With a longer tail that carries less weight, this setting is similar to riding a shortboard; surfy but torsionally responsive" 

Edited by barryj

7 hours ago, Corran said:

I'l have my wing swallow Tuesday... Can't wait. I've been riding this modified o sin 

Corran,    Hope you guys get some of that Noreaster headed  into New England Tues/Weds/Thurs. !!  There expecting over a ft. of snow at our Northern NH home in Franconia...and 2 ft. on the local mtns.....like Cannon.      Were just 60 miles from the Canadian border

11 hours ago, rjnakata said:

...ya'll got nothing to add about the Burton Step On?

Just my opinion but I love the Step On and have no problems with them. I actually like the point of attachment in the back because it gives more leverage over the toeside, similar to using a 3 strap binding. They have not release unexpectedly for me. I weigh 240 lbs.

However I think the limited release this year was a way to identify problems before the next season. It does appear there was extensive testing but please let us know if you hear from Burton.

17 minutes ago, Corran said:

Burton design team has contacted me and we've begun discussions.

Tell them:

- There is a market for a Driver X Step-On

- That the release system should be at the top of the hiback like you and others did.

-That the heelcup and mech should be higher for better carving clearance.

- To add hiback rotation in the upper part (where forward lean adjusters are) or a wing option to compensate.

- Make disks that go a bit higher in angle choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am really curious on what comes out of this. 

One question, was your wife able to step in, and then "lean" back and watch the toe cleats move upward a centimeter or 2 in the slots before contacting the top of the binding?  That is what I experienced. 

The placement of the toe cleat on the boots in above picture is very different from the location of the toe cleats on the boots I had.  This is why I am very curious. To be perfect, the toe cleat location on each boot needs to be the same relative to binding (seems simple, but doesn't seem to be working that way), or there needs to be way more binding sizes.