Note to New Members ×

Testing Boot Liners

MountainSlope

21 hours ago, Puhutes said:

I'm curious if any of you have a favorite brand or type of Hardboot liner. 
Please share it here and your reasons why.

Thanks in advance :) 

Dalbello ID Pro liners. They're fantastic.

http://www.dalbello.it/en/innerboots/shoe-kr2-pro-id

Edited by queequeg
  • Like 1

I had a pair of Conformables that I really like. Lots of miles and days. Likely close to 300+.

I have a new to me pair of shells I am getting fit. Can't find Conformable anymore. Surefoot says they are making their own similar to Conformable. I have read good reviews. I am going to use their denser, stiffer foam because I break down everything. 

I tried the intuition and they were comfy and warm but too much foot movement. I didn't feel as locked in. Also went thru three pairs of Zip fits. The oldest being the ones that lasted the longest. The new ones didn't hold up very well for me. 

Good luck. 

I've a pair of 'race room' ski boot liners made by Nordica for  the old Tecnica Diablo shell. (Tecnica owns Nordica, which is about the only good thing one can say of the former).

Lace up, leather outer, thin neoprene all around, Cambrelle lined, with flow cork around the ankles. Probably have near to, or more than 1000 days on them. Other than some abrasion at the toes and heels from going into and out of the boots, they're as good as new in fit and function.

The shells (modified Lange) are a mirror of my feet though, so any load on the liner foam is evenly distributed.

I really like the leather liners in the UPZ boots even though it still has a regular design with a tongue.  My favorite design is the intuition wrap design without a tongue. This avoids seams in high pressure areas and the tongue torquing and malpositon that sometimes happens with riding.  Really wish there was some combination with the best of these two.

Sidas Conformable Proform soft foam liners on Virus/UPZ RSV superlight, since 2010 and still perfect. Excellent :biggthump on the ankle, where the foam part resides. Could be better on the upper tongue/shin part, which is a bit too thin and I must use extra padding, even as the boot shell is quite soft now, as the tongue is changed to softer (black) one and spring is ACSS (by Arnaud).

I have had several 'toasted ones' ie. thermomoldable (Sidas Conforfit Alpin, Deeluxe Black/white (worst of Deeluxes ones), and Dalbello ID (Intuition)) versions, and those are nowhere near as good on the ankle, which I think is the most important part of the whole boot - to provide very tight fit (can't even put my hand through the ankle part, as that's so thin). All of those thermomoldable's are too loose on the ankle. And I think I don't have extra thin/bony ankle..

So foam on the ankle and some overlap or extra cushion on regular style on the higher part of the liner - that would be perfect.

• Like 1