Note to New Members ×

Killington Opens Sunday

ExcelsiorTheFathead

I was at Killington today, albeit on my early-season softboot board to re-adjust to the mechanics of snowboarding (ouch). Conditions were surprisingly good, with the snow staying relatively soft and ice-free the entire day. I've certainly seen worse during actual winter in the past. If you can carve narrows and avoid people, early mornings could be possible in hard boots, however by afternoon, the large, soft push-piles probably made it difficult for anyone riding a board, jibbers aside.

I did see someone's Prior with red maple leaves and TD 3/Sidewinders outside their gondola as the morning was starting.

Shot from today:

IMG_3495.jpg

Edited by Longboarder09
  • Like 1

l185er and me rode Sauveur on the 20th.   It was warm but conditions were pretty good considering and the place was empty.    Spring like snow but with thin bases.    Was out on hard boots but on my prior Khyber.    Definitaly not deep enough or wide enough to cave.    Still good to be out so early.  Now I want more. 12019895_10153657243612346_7003438335415