Note to New Members ×

Attn Moderators

lowrider

Yea, we are working on it. We have changed the challenge questions to register so going to see if that holds it off. Just keep sending us any other spams you see and we'll kill it.

Man, why would they think someone would follow a link on one of these? Weird.

The new questions seem to have beat the bots for a while.

I wonder how they get paid? No one is dumb enough to click the links. Maybe there's another bot that simulates other IPs to click on the links? Or maybe there's a flat-fee per link posted regardless of usefulness.

IP bans usually don't work, the bots spoof the IPs.

FYI, Mods have been dealing with this for days. Dozens of deleted posts and all have been IP banned. That tatic doesn't work.

I suggest banning entire countries of the offending areas. China would be first on the list.

PS. Evidently PMs are slow or not working. Double posts , etc

IP bans usually don't work, the bots spoof the IPs.

FYI, Mods have been dealing with this for days. Dozens of deleted posts and all have been IP banned. That tatic doesn't work.

I suggest banning entire countries of the offending areas. China would be first on the list.

PS. Evidently PMs are slow or not working. Double posts , etc

Just looked at one Domain name:

http://www.domaintuno.com/d/lisaakouryross.com

Perhaps a call to their webhost: http://www.singlehop.com/support/

Toll-Free

1 (866) 817-2811

<dl class="dl-horizontal"><dt class="muted"> Registrar </dt><dd> chengdu fly-digital technology co., ltd </dd><dt class="muted"> Created </dt><dd> 24 Jan 2014 (1 month ago) </dd><dt class="muted"> Updated </dt><dd> 24 Jan 2014 </dd><dt class="muted"> Expiration </dt><dd> 24 Jan 2015 (10 months left) </dd><dt class="muted"> Privacy Locked </dt><dd> No </dd><dt class="muted"> Registrant Name

</dt><dd> : song dianqiang </dd><dt class="muted"> Contact Email </dt><dd> ( ) </dd><dt class="muted"> Organization </dt><dd> : song dianqiang </dd><dt class="muted"> City </dt><dd> : nanping </dd><dt class="muted"> State </dt><dd> nanping </dd><dt class="muted"> Postal Code </dt><dd> : 353000

</dd><dt class="muted"> Country </dt><dd> blank.gif : cn </dd><dt class="muted"> Whois Status </dt><dd> ok </dd><dt class="muted"> Nameservers </dt><dd> f1g1ns1.dnspod.net, f1g1ns2.dnspod.net </dd></dl>

Server Properties

<dl class="dl-horizontal"><dt class="muted"> Location </dt><dd> 215 W. Ohio St., Chicago, IL, United States </dd><dt class="muted"> Country </dt><dd> United States </dd><dt class="muted"> Web Host </dt><dd> SingleHop, Inc.

</dd><dt class="muted"> Server </dt><dd> Apache </dd><dt class="muted"> IP Address </dt><dd> 96.127.180.186

</dd></dl>

This bot makes 30-40 new accounts every day. Most posts are singles, but sometimes they'll make two posts from one account.

Please do not even click on the spam threads, I want zero views for each thread. Not to mention whatever viruses or questionable stuff might be behind the links they post!

Dang, they made it past the new challenge questions. I have temporarily turned off new registration until we can get a handle on this. Hate to do it but the Mods are loosing their minds trying to keep up. Working on it....

Dang, they made it past the new challenge questions. I have temporarily turned off new registration until we can get a handle on this. Hate to do it but the Mods are loosing their minds trying to keep up. Working on it....

Some would argue we didn't have much to lose... ;)

Doesn't VBB have a setting that requires all new accounts to be approved by an admin? Might be a better path.