Note to New Members ×

East Coast January Blues

Jack M

At least you have snow. West coast south of Oregon is in drought. I think the farmers almanac lied. It has let me down for sure. I would love to exchange my Mammoth pass for SES. $800 would come in handy right now for a trip to somewhere with snow. 82 degrees here in So Cal.

Mt Hood Oregon. We just finally got a big dump after a long month of "barely open". Last weekend we went from 27" base to approx. 55" Sounds like a warm spring like week this week. Hopefully the jet stream starts bringing the normal storm systems in. They often feed allot of the country.

I thought the East Coast was having a banner year? What is the base depth ?? Is this just a poor week or longer? I know it is a much different weather scenario , help us on the west coast to understand? Warm means boiler plate right?

Bryan

Much better at Sugarbush today. Actually had what barely qualifies as "freshies" this morning on the upper mountain - about 3-4". Natural snow trails still closed, but at least everything is white. Bryan, we started the year off great - even a few woods (very carefully) runs in mid-December - but on December 20th it started raining, then a cycle of negative temps followed by rain 3-4 times, with not much snow. Most of it fell down in Mass/CT/RI in the "Blizzard" right after New Years. But it is coming back - snowing now and colder next week. Hey, ANY time I can even make some turns I'll take it. I don't do well sitting around the house playing Parcheesi or, god forbid, going on Twitter. ;-)