Note to New Members ×

UPZ users, I Dont want to make another Multihundred dollar mistake.

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably depends on your foot. I went from a 27 Burton to a 26 Raichle to a 26 Deeluxe to a 26 UPZ. I have a low volume, narrow and straight 27mm foot, and shell (length) fit was about the same for all of them If you are buying new, I think Dan has a fit consultation/ exchange policy.

I probably depends on your foot. I went from a 27 Burton to a 26 Raichle to a 26 Deeluxe to a 26 UPZ. I have a low volume, narrow and straight 27mm foot, and shell (length) fit was about the same for all of them If you are buying new, I think Dan has a fit consultation/ exchange policy.

I am not the Dan that Mr. E is speaking of, but I can say that I wear a 27.0 in both Raichle and UPZ. When I got the UPZs, I felt that they fit my foot well and I wouldn't have changed sizes.

Sorry I don't have much experience with Deeluxe but I've always been a 27/27.5 in all my ski boots (Salomon, Nordica, Lange, Dalbello). I bought 27.5 HSP and they fit great but wasn't too keen on their performance and slightly higher volume. I asked Dan Yoja (UPZ distributer in BC) about sizing and he said to follow the standard sizing method (measure your foot in MP) and that if my previous shells were 27/27.5 stick with that for UPZ. I measured my foot in Mondo Point and flipped Dan the measurements just to confirm and he said for sure 27.5. Hope that helps. Also see below from UPZ site NA.

post-9924-141842401594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hilux

What works for someone else may or may not work for you. The UPZ shells seem to fit narrower heel/ankle area but otherwise have the same length. So for someone like me with very narrow ankles, while I have to cram my feet into a M28 Deeluxe AF to reduce heel lift, I can use a M29 UPZ. "Can", not "have to". An M28 UPZ would be better.

Note the UPZ shell sizing revealed in Pokkis' chart. The same "boot size" could come from two different shell sizes. I'd try to get the correct shell size, then mess with liners to get a good fit.

I measured a pair of M28 UPZs (312 mm shell size) for reference. The Superfeet footbed from my size 13 US street shoes fits perfectly in the bare shell. The footbed is 30.5 cm. I got the same length measurements for Deeluxe Suzuka M28s (which say sole length 309 mm).

Hope something there helps.

I was in HSP 26.5 and the bootfitter add a lot of patches to prevent heel lift...

From Dan Yoja:

All hard boots use the same liner for full size and 1/2 size.

The difference is the thickness of the foot bed in the liner.

Thin foot bed (less volume)is 26.5, and thick foot (uses more volume) is 26.

You have 26.5. If you want 26 just make footbed thicker.

My feet measure 26.5 and 26.7. I bought UPZ RC10 26.5 .

I've wear them in house several times and I've tried them 3 times on the snow, my feet are now more confortable.

I'm riding with the original footbed and liner.

Once the liner has packed a bit I'll use my own footbed.

A lot of people are complaining about the original liner and are using another one, so far I'm ok with the original liner but it's not real cold yet.

I wear a 10 pretty much across the board. I have narrow to regular feet in general. I sized my boots by using the tracing method. My boots are tight as I was looking for an aggressive fit, having said that I have one pressure point that can be punched out and the boots are comfortable otherwise.

I think the large number is the sole length with the ski toes/heels on. I would guess the smaller number is the distance between the toe shelf and the molded in heel shelf you'd use for SB bindings.

I think Dan Yoja is pretty good about exchanging boots, obviously you lose shipping cost, if you do end up getting the wrong size.

Buggs, also found this thread.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?30607-Sole-Length-Database&highlight=upz%20size

I just did a rough measurement and from the heel (edge of fintec) to the toe block is about 278mm and when I extended the tape measure out to 299mm and it would appear that's where the DIN soles would be as forrest mentioned.

What are your feet size in mondo?

Edited by Hilux

Might be helpful if people posted their street shoe size with their UPZ size. Im gonna re measure my feet tonight but I have been wearing 10 and 10.5 shoes. I know my right foot is a good 5cm bigger.

Street shoes size! :eek: My kicks are a mix from 9.5,10,10.5 depending on company and activity

I worked at an outfitter and running store for a while and definitely wouldn't trust/go by street shoe size...unless you measured with a brannock that also had mondo with smaller increments.

Right foot 280 cm left foot 270 cm according to my trusty Donek measuring tape.

Full size difference...hmmmm, I'd be tempted to downsize (27/27.5) and get it punched a tad for your bigger foot, combined with low profile footbed. Perhaps you've mentioned this, are you using thermo liners too?

Edited by Hilux

Bugs, I think Jose had the best idea (for those of us that do not have a shop nearby to try them on) a while back.

Purchase all of the ones (be it size or brand) that you think may work. Try them all on and keep the pair that fits best.

Of coarse I'd OK it with the seller first. This way, you will only be out of the cost of return shippng.