Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2014 - January 10-12

Riceball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Corey, question about Asessippi. Is there any cabins to rent or places that could handle 10-15 people. Might do a family trip in February.

I'm not really sure, I typically stay about an hour away at my mom-in-law's place. Try this: http://asessippi.com/accommodations.php There are cabins on-site, but they're not for rent that I'm aware of.

For NES - I'm getting excited for those 3 fun days in Alberta! How is the snow situation looking out there? It looks like I'm only going to get 2 or 3 days of riding in before that. :(

It looks like I'm only going to get 2 or 3 days of riding in before that. :(

Yeah I'm in that boat as well. Getting my first weekend of riding this weekend. Then it's a few days on bumps here, followed by a weekend of backcountry, then onto GS sized carving decks. Oh my.

... I'm tempted to mount my bindings for a regular footer and learn to ride "backwards". How hard could it be...

The general concensus is "OMG this is so much harder than riding switch." I swapped alpine boards with a regular footer a few years ago for a couple of runs Rabbit and I

(a) made alpine look incredibly lame and

(b) thought I was going to either die, kill someone, or both.

Dave

I think I'm going to make it down to NES for the Saturday for sure and hopefully the Friday as well. Depends if I can get someone to cover my racers for me!

I have 2 sets of blue TD3 elastomers that I'd like to trade for yellows if possible. At 150 lbs, I'm no where near heavy enough to warrant blues. Any takers? One set of the blues has less than a full day on snow!

They badly needed new snow, and they're getting it. 11cm on Thu overnight, the weather forecast is for another 30cm for Kanananskis over the next 24 hours. Supposed to be staying cold for at least the weekend as well. That should groom down nicely.