Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2014 - January 10-12

Riceball

hello all new greenhorn carver here, found out about this event a few months ago. i recently finally found my own used racing equipment. i hope to make all 3 days but mainly to attend the clinic. i have no carving experience and tried it a few weeks ago and struggled.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all new greenhorn carver here, found out about this event a few months ago. i recently finally found my own used racing equipment. i hope to make all 3 days but mainly to attend the clinic. i have no carving experience and tried it a few weeks ago and struggled.
The clinic AFAIK is Cory's intermediate session. We need to hook you up with somebody to get you through the basics. There are several guys around who are good at teaching this stuff, just introduce yourself and you will get all the help you need.

Willy, welcome! Good timing on getting your equipment! We can dial you in a bit more each day. There are always lots of tips to be shared by all, there are usually some new carvers there learning the ropes. The intermediate clinic may be a little over your head to start with, but you're absolutely welcome to come out and attend.

Start with this exercise: http://www.bomberonline.com/resources/Techarticles/norm_part1.html

Then move on to this one: http://www.bomberonline.com/resources/Techarticles/norm_part2.html

So Steve, the schedule is:

Photoshoot

Photoshoot

Photoshoot

Got it! I'll comb my hair. :p

Willy, show up a little early on Friday. Maybe 8:30? It can take a while to adjust things, and many people are going to be hyper-eager to get out on some great groomed runs right at 9 AM. We usually meet in the picnic table area near the downstairs cafeteria.

oh i definitely knew what you meant and will be there to tweak and adjust the equipment setup. i just wasn't sure if there was going to be pics and videos covering the event besides the carve magazine. when i found out about the event i noticed that there was not a whole lot on youtube and only found 4 videos. regardless the type of event i have a tendency to take lots of pics and video.