Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2014 - January 10-12

Riceball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a ski racing coach's perspective, Nakiska is difficult to get lane space at, especially in November and January. It's expensive and they're not the easiest hill to deal with. They're pretty strict on coach certifications (had to show my CSCF membership before) and they like to have waivers signed by all the racers. Thy're also not the easiest hill to deal with. I can see it being substantially more difficult if you're not renting lane space as one of the recognized Alberta clubs. The best day to get space would be Friday when KAST, NASA and BAR aren't in regular training. Norquay is easier to get lane space at and certainly more friendly. Marmot Basin is by far the easiest to deal with in the province, they usually let our club use a lane for free if we're there for the weekend. I would expect Castle to be decently accommodating as well.

What about just bringing some orange pylons (the little 6" ones) and setting them up off to the side of a run? I'm not saying it's allowed (I have no idea) but it could be an easy way to have some fun. We used to do the same thing with sport bikes. Head to a parking lot and setup some cones for an hour...

edit: You could have a "rolling course". One person sets up the cones, a few people blast through, last person picks up the cones. Rotate people so all get a chance to try the course. I don't think Puddy Tat was all that worried about being on a sanctioned course, with timers, etc. Just wanted to increase the difficulty by having set objects to carve around?!?

FWIW, as part of our training the other day we all ran the SBX course a couple times. Was fun to try and get my body over the gates as much as possible. Fun little course!

Edited by poutanen