Note to New Members ×

2011 Kessler 177 GS Black - Excellent Condition & Vist Plate - will sell separately

noschoolrider

Someone needs to buy this board from Don. Especially some of the medium to lighter weight riders (not too light because Don rips at his 135 pounds) who have a hard time finding excellent used boards in their weight range. He takes excellent care of his gear and I have never seen him fall in a lot of days riding together on all kinds of snow conditions (easy on a board).

Don and I have the same custom 162 Kessler SL that is the little brother (built at the same time) of this 177 and the 162 is an awesome board. If I had not already over committed to high end boards this season, I would be discussing a purchase of this 177 with Don.

Buell

Very interested but can you confirm the sidecut spec range.

Hello Brandon,

Yes, I can confirm the sidecut spec range. This board was custom built for me by Hansjuerg Kessler.

The sidecut is KST PGS

Nose (widest point): 25.55 cm

Waist (narrowest point): 20 cm

Tail (widest point): 23.33 cm

Sidecut: KST PGS

Hansjuerg Kessler has his own board shape (the KST). The exact sidecut radius dimensions are Kessler's trade secrets (the multi-radius sidecut is set by Hans Kessler during production - the sidecut radius varies along the length of the board).

However, the sidecut range is approximately 11-19 m

Here is some more information about the Kessler KST shape:

The Kessler KST shape uses a special clothoid board geometry that allows for an infinite number of radii on turns and permits variable turn radii from one snowboard - carving small and tight turns as well as long drawn-out turns at all speed levels. The pressure of the edges is effective where it is needed and at the same time reduced where it handicaps. There is no longer the danger to easily catch edges, and the strain reduction on the body is a huge gain of safety at all performance levels.

Don

Edited by noschoolrider