Note to New Members ×

Bomber 'Snowboardworm' has passed on, doing what he loved on the ski hill

Frostie

Last weekend Bomber member Snowboardworm (Greg Pichler) died at his favorite ski hill Powder King doing what he loves. Greg collapsed on the ski hill after complaining of feeling poorly. He loved Skiing and boarding but was passionate about hardboots and carving for the last few years. I write this because he really liked this web site and spent lots of time reading all the great posts, had the highest respect for the Bomber members and the wisdom offered.

He had a great zest for life and lived it up, he spent most his days off at the ski hill last year and was doing pretty good this year as well. I'll sure miss all the pointers he offered and the stories of women and adventure he would share over a few cold beers.

Crap, so sorry to hear that! I had a couple of great suppers and chats with Greg at NES in 2011. Fun guy to hang around with, I got the feeling he's experienced many more exciting situations than any of us should.

He was very passionate about mountain life and helping others. What a loss.

That's definitely how I want to be remembered, RIP Greg.

Here is the Obituary:

Gregory Joshua Pichler November 14th 1960 January 13th 2013 With 2 skis on his feet, he not only took the last run of the day, but the last run of his life. He always said he would die in the mountains, the way he wanted to go. We all take great joy and closure knowing he left this world doing what he loved the most in life. If there is one word to describe Greg, it would appropriately be gregarious. He touched the lives of more people then he would ever know. He will be greatly missed by his sons, Brad and Chris (Jessica) and loving partner Dianne Ross, his dog Fred and cats Ziggy and Bobi Cat. Not to mention the innumerable amount of friends that had the pleasure of knowing him. A service to celebrate the chaotic and wonderful life of Greg will be held at the Coast Inn of the North, 770 Brunswick St. Sunday, January 20th, 2013 at 1:00pm. Greg was hugely involved in the Cops for Cancer Tour de North and an avid supporter of animals. In lieu of flowers, donations made to the www.copsforcancerbc.ca and www.spca.bc.ca at the North Caribou branch would be greatly appreciated. Come share your stories! A direct quote: "Life is all about bikes, boards and beer."

The memorial service was very well done. Attended by approximately 250 people. Two friends attended via Skype from Australia, family and friends from as far away as Ottawa were in attendance. As well as his dog fred, his road bike, the majority of his board and ski collection. Every guest was treated with a couple onces of beer so they could enjoy one last beer with Greg. There were multiple speakers telling stories and experiences they had with Greg. Which painted a picture of Greg being able to relate to people from all walks of life. Which was seen in the crowd and the people there. There were stories of his great sense of humour, and about a few pranks he had pulled on people over the years. I wish I had more time to meet some of the people there, as I had only met a handful of them. There was a banner put above his equipment "until we ride again". I'll miss riding with my friend Greg. http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/princegeorgecitizen/guestbook.aspx?n=gregory-pichler&pid=162418538 http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/article/20130116/PRINCEGEORGE0101/301169996/-1/PRINCEGEORGE/