Note to New Members ×

Unique situation! A bit desperate

Odd Job

So I suffered a concussion today on the slopes, so naturally I'm at a hospital while my car and belongings are at Loveland. (Most likely wlil be discharged morning, probalby late morning).

Would anyone, happening to commute through Lakewood tommorrow, be willing to give me a ride to Loveland ski resort? I'd be willing to pay for your gas + meal in full (CC, so keep the tank emptyish for me to fill!).

I've just moved here and live in the Springs, I naturally don't have anyone that I know very well around here. so.. yeah... I'll check this thread a couple of times, if you do decide to help, please do not contact via PM. (This hospital blocks my mail), just post a reply and I'll see what I can do.

What is your real first name? It is hard to remember NoirX252 ?

Reposted on the Yo Lci thread. Someone is much more likely to see it there.

Sorry to hear about your head, take it easy but take it seriously. Someone that knows you should keep an eye on you for a few days.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?23475-Yo-Lci!!/page75

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Noir, I was planning on heading up for some riding relatively early in the morning, but I could make a delayed trip and swing by to help out if you need a ride. I was lucky when I got my brains scrambled back in January, as I had family there to watch me and take me home. Get checked out well before you plan to drive all the way back to the springs. I live down in Castle Rock, so give me a call, as I'm still coherent this eve.

James

Three Oh Three, 6 Six Seven, Three 1 Oh Eight

btw... No worries about food or fuel, just happy to help out!

Edited by Dusty Bottle
adtl info

Real first name is Juhwan :)

Thank you all, I just got in contact with James (Dusty Bottle) :)

I <3 Colorado, WAYYYYY better than NY :)

Very cool Juhwan!! I love it when a plan comes together.

Yes, the LCI / Dusty Bottle / Good folks for sure!!

Let the brain rest now.

" Yes, the LCI / Dusty Bottle / Good folks for sure!! "

This is the week I've been showing up @ Lovey for the past couple of years & I'm missing the LCI & the area for sure !

Noir, you're surrounded by some of the best, take advantage of it !

Take Care & Good Luck !!

Sorry, just seeing your post for the first time. Hope that you made it up to get your vehicle today. next time, don't hesitate to contact one of the regular people posting in the Yo LCI thread and we can help spread the word quickly.

Hope the noggin is doing better

Juwan only had a light concussion and is doing well. Getting him checked out of the hospital was the easy part, borrowing a shovel from ski patrol and digging out his vehicle in the Loveland parking lot was a whole different challenge. Seems the plow crew had a bet to see if the overnight snow could be piled up deep enough to hide his car. Pretty darn close... the roof was showing! Anyway, we visited the salesman on the way home and he bought a new helmet and he will be joining the LCI for upcoming Sunday morning sessions. We met briefly last weekend and from what I saw from the lift, he's quite the carver!

Lessons Learned: 1) Don't ride alone! 2) Buy a new helmet after a fall! 3) Never leave your vehicle in the resort parking lot overnight, if snow is in the forecast! 4) You don't have to crash to meet the LCI!

James is a very nice person! In addition to helping me out, we took a visit to Bola's candy shop! (lol)

Here are some pics!

One of the pics, is the run I got a concussion on, (but took the pic from the lift before I rode it down...)

I honestly have ZERO recollection of any events leading to the fall, all i remember is..

1. Sitting on the side of the slope

2. I think I may have heel side skidded down a bit, but felt really dizzy...?

3. sat down again.. realized I had no idea where the hell I was in loveland..

4. ski patroller comes by with 2 kids in the sled...

5. I turn and ask him "where am i?"

6. Immediately to the kids "get out"... to me.. "get in"

lol :D

post-8824-141842377197_thumb.jpg

post-8824-141842377199_thumb.jpg

post-8824-141842377201_thumb.jpg

Juhwan,

I saw that car as I pulled in yesterday and wonderd if that was yours, they do that alot to unattended cars left over night. As someone whom has also knocked my noggin hard enough for an ambulance ride, it is very important to take it easy for a bit, and let your brain heal, you only have one! Stay off of the snow for a bit, no matter how much you want to get back up, and we will see you in a few weeks

mario

You guys are right, I do want to ride very badly, the doctor said 2 weeks, which would mean I can ride per doctor 12/22.. however I'd really love ride 12/15-16 :), however I really really really want to get in some runs this weekend. As I am demoing some bindings, and plan to take it easy (haha, well it really depends on how, "good") I feel.... another thing is.. I'll be in NY for pretty much 2 weekend riding days...I really, wan tto ride next week.... lol :)

I haven't been spacing out (I've been hit hard in the head before, and have experienced the spacing out effect, although I have remembered what happened, (is that still considered a concussion)?)... I will see on friday if I'll ride... to be honest, I am seriously considering it, but will probably only carve the easier run on the left, and side slip down the steep drop off lift one... maybe... and only if it's bluebird...

I'm reckless and impatient.

I was planning on doing concussion reading to reaffirm my decision on friday... uhh I guess I'm not riding.. ****

OK! question!

Would riding thursday/friday NEXT week be better? (Saturday 2 weeks.. I'll be riidng 1 day earlier than the recommendation, or 2 days!)

Plan on working overtime, to float the hours next week, and get some weekdays off.. :)

If you won't listen to your doctor why listen to internet experts ! Is there anyone you know or who lives with you who can read back to you what has been said in this thread. If so listen to what they advise you to do. We won't be driving you to pick up your car ! I'd take a week off rather than drool in a cup the rest of my life!:)

If you won't listen to your doctor why listen to internet experts ! Is there anyone you know or who lives with you who can read back to you what has been said in this thread. If so listen to what they advise you to do. We won't be driving you to pick up your car ! I'd take a week off rather than drool in a cup the rest of my life!:)

Saturday will be a week off, after what I read about SIS, I definitely won't be riding this week.

However, I am very tempted to just ride one day earlier than the recommended healing time my doc prescribed me.

Juwan, listen very carefully to what's being said here! Yesterday we discussed the possible further brain damaging issues of second concussions like memory loss, coma, paralysis, mental impairment, death.... Consider spending the rest of your life as Cristopher Reeve spent his last years, in a wheel chair with a breathing machine. The advisements above are from walking, talking, thinking... well, anyway VERY LUCKY survivors of concussions. This is not a joking matter and not a race to see how quickly your testosterone can get you back up on the mountain. The fact that you had a headache last night is some indication of the effects of a bruised brain. Just the change in elevation from the ride up to the hill (5000'+) could have ill effects and you still may not feel anything bad for a couple of weeks. And don't take the doctors too literally, 2 weeks may not be enough recovery time! Doctors can only advise you what to do, they can't follow you home, check on you daily and let the air out of your tires to keep you there. There's a reason why they call their business a "practice", its an educated guess, based on past experiences! Get lots of rest and eat well and if you feel any nausea or extended headaches, get to a doctor ASAP! You're young! Demos will keep and there will be plenty of future carving time, if you listen up!

Take Care!

James