Note to New Members ×

Unique situation! A bit desperate

Odd Job

Juwan, listen very carefully to what's being said here! Yesterday we discussed the possible further brain damaging issues of second concussions like memory loss, coma, paralysis, mental impairment, death.... Consider spending the rest of your life as Cristopher Reeve spent his last years, in a wheel chair with a breathing machine. The advisements above are from walking, talking, thinking... well, anyway VERY LUCKY survivors of concussions. This is not a joking matter and not a race to see how quickly your testosterone can get you back up on the mountain. The fact that you had a headache last night is some indication of the effects of a bruised brain. Just the change in elevation from the ride up to the hill (5000'+) could have ill effects and you still may not feel anything bad for a couple of weeks. And don't take the doctors too literally, 2 weeks may not be enough recovery time! Doctors can only advise you what to do, they can't follow you home, check on you daily and let the air out of your tires to keep you there. There's a reason why they call their business a "practice", its an educated guess, based on past experiences! Get lots of rest and eat well and if you feel any nausea or extended headaches, get to a doctor ASAP! You're young! Demos will keep and there will be plenty of future carving time, if you listen up!

Take Care!

James

Thanks! I'll have to contact bola something this week to see if he wants the demo's back. I'll probably see you guys, Jan 6th :(

I actually just went shopping, and am feeling a bit dizzy, and in addition to that secondary concussion links, am not even going to work out... maybe a light walk, but definitely no upping the heart rate of any kind.

Thank you all for convincing me. I honestly thought the doctors were being too safe.