NICE 2013 Carving Event

Pusbag

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The chair for early loads will be announced in the morning as we may move to the frontside. Please be early for early loads so as I then get to participate too. Early loads start at 8am as that is the time we are then allowed to load. Can't wait todays early load session in the sunshine with perfect conditions will for surly be remembered for a long time. You will need to sign a liability waiver before being able to participate in early loads. I will be in the daylodge at the coffee shop area. See you tomorrow!

WOW what a fabulous day in the sun Wed. My 1st day at Schwietzer this season and it felt like a family reunion.

Today should be even better with lots of steeps on the front side freshly groomed (thank you winchcat jockeys) with temps in the mid 20s and sparkly cord begging to be trenched:1luvu:

ps I'll get some vids uploaded this weekend.

I don't know who's tribute to ULLR paid off, but this week was perfect carving weather so do it again next year:ices_ange

I only got 2 days at schwietzer this season, by the grace of my fellow carve lovers. since I wasn't there this time to help organize. Big thanks to Mark, Dane, Russ & Tanya, Cathy our photo girl, and "behind the scenes" Brandon from group sales.

I took inspiration of the on edge gospel from NICE to Lookout fri & sat, even doing switchcarves on skis to spread the faith in edge.

in edge we trust

Troy

This year has been my favorite one yet. The 100% genuine sincere comradeship and sharing of technique just blows me away. I love that we all get together without cliques. All you attendees are truly friends of mine and make every ounce of energy and time I put into NICE worth it tenfold. Please send me your address so I can get everyone the pics and vids. Russ 208-290-8023 northidahocarveevent@hotmail.com

Hey everyone, just want to say again how much fun I had and how great it was to see and ride (and drink and BS) with everyone. Thanks to the organizers, and thanks to everyone who brought so much stoke with them. If you're reading this tread and didn't attend this year, you should really make a promise to yourself to attend next year. And if you were there this year, I look forward to seeing you at next year's session.

I had a little digital point and shoot with me and made a lot of attempts to get photos of various folks during the three days I was there. Most of them didn't turn out that well, but there are a few decent ones. In particular, anyone in touch with Dale? The photos in the album reveal him as a total carving phenom, hard to believe he only has 4 days on plates.

<a href="http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f161/danonbol/NICE%202013/">The full album is here</a>; see a few of my favorites below.

P1010950_zpsaacd6606.jpg

P1010858_zps623cbb2f.jpg

P1010881_zps11fe822d.jpg

P1010904_zpse7c3ba0d.jpg

P1010865_zpsc4b23cbd.jpg

Edited by Dan

...oh yeah, and here's that video I was talking to Hazen and Even about on the chair. See? "Cool geometry video" is not an oxymoron after all.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIVIegSt81k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>