Note to New Members ×

NICE 2013 Carving Event

Pusbag

This is the official bomberonline thread for the North Idaho Carve Event NICE on January 14-20 2013. Once again Schweitzer will be where we are hosting this event due to there cooperation with the event and of course the awesome uncrowded riding with lots of groomed and off piste opportunities. The schwizz's webpage is www.schweitzer.com go surf it up. Prepare yourselves for a weeklong of carving without needing to look uphill before laying down a big fat carve. Immpecable grooming, friendly staff and great diverse riding will make this a trip to remember. P.S. We often get dumped on dont forget the pow boards.

There is a daily schedule of activities to make participation at your pace. Everyday there will be photo and video shoots, beginner advanced and womens ride clinics, racing on nastar, freeeriding, social parties and dinner, and my favorite early load privledges. I will post a weeklong schedule here asap to make planning a trip here easier. We also get discount lift tickets and lodging. I am going to see if there is enought interest in renting a condo on mountain for the week. We did this the first year and it ended up being pretty cheap. Will post a seperate thread for that. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Looking forward to carving it up soon !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year there were 5 ladies in our women's clinic!!!! Can we top it this year? Come on gals..... let's go ride and have some fun on the hill!!!! and yes, early loads are totally awesome! that is my favorite, by far of the entire week! just watch out for those ruts.... there is a tendency to gobble up the unsuspecting!

• 1 month later...

Only about a month away!

OK Portland folks, who's stepping up this year? Judging by past years, we can count on great terrain, early-freakin' loads (!!), and carving camaraderie so thick you can cut it with a knife. I'm on the fence on flying vs. driving this year - it's a really long drive, but flying and renting a 4wd in spokane gets expensive (and you can't bring as many boards).

Only about a month away!

OK Portland folks, who's stepping up this year? Judging by past years, we can count on great terrain, early-freakin' loads (!!), and carving camaraderie so thick you can cut it with a knife. I'm on the fence on flying vs. driving this year - it's a really long drive, but flying and renting a 4wd in spokane gets expensive (and you can't bring as many boards).

bet we could arrange a airport shuttle for you nicers especially if a few came at the same time

bet we could arrange a airport shuttle for you nicers especially if a few came at the same time

We will probably stay at the Howard Johnson's or one of the other hotels in that area so if you need a ride up the mountain in the mornings, I'm sure we could help out some with that

Thanks Kathy and Russ, I talked it over with Octavio, and we decided to drive...'cause we want to bring ALL our gear, not just the 2 boards that they'll let us fly with. That means we're going to have an open seat in the car - we'll see if we can find someone to fill that seat. (Bryan?)

Thanks Kathy and Russ, I talked it over with Octavio, and we decided to drive...'cause we want to bring ALL our gear, not just the 2 boards that they'll let us fly with. That means we're going to have an open seat in the car - we'll see if we can find someone to fill that seat. (Bryan?)

Come on Bryan.... You really should come ride with us......

I wondered why my ears were burning :)

After riding today, I don't know, I pretty much had my ass handed to me.:smashfrea I need to ease back into this.

Nice to be wanted though. Ed must be glossing over the stories.:confused::ices_ange

It's ok Bryan.... My first day wasn't very pretty either. Ya got a whole month to get it together! And if you can't? Well, you could always come ride with us ladies! Hehehehe

I wondered why my ears were burning :)

After riding today, I don't know, I pretty much had my ass handed to me.:smashfrea I need to ease back into this.

Nice to be wanted though. Ed must be glossing over the stories.:confused::ices_ange

Yeah, I'll bet they were burning. haha So you went out on your 1st day back and attacked Meadows too hard?

Seriously though, you should make it too NICE. It is so much fun. You know how awesome Schweitzer is?

I hope you do, bro.

If you get to Sandpoint without a car it is totally possible to get around without one. There is a free public bus service http://spotbus.org/ and it stops at the mountain shuttle at the bottom of the hill every hour. The mountain shuttle is $2 on the way up and free on the way down. There are even free taxis that will get you from the bars back to your hotel.

ok, how silly (stupid?) is this..... I got approved off work for Monday - Thursday that week, but not Friday?????? ARGHHHH!!!!! more than slightly annoyed right now. If I didn't have two years of perfect attendance (that's how I won my iPad!), I really would consider calling in sick that day..... how much you want to bet that Friday ends up being the perfect groomer day complete with blue skies and sun!

Let me know if you have any questions Russ 208-290-8023. 3 days of early loads this year should be better then ever. We could use help getting the word out please. We get another evaluation this year and one of the managers is not really on my side. So lets have a big turnout this year to prove them wrong !

nice 13.doc

• 2 weeks later...

In about 2 weeks we will be hosting NICE here at Schweitzer and I am confident that the conditions are going to be grate. It has been snowing for weeks. 181” of snow has fallen from the sky and there is 106” on the ground. No new snow in 2 days and the groomers are really taking shape. John and I carved it up today in the sunshine on some of our favorite runs. Happy trails, Midway, Loop hole, Down the hatch, Kaniksu, Zip down all in grate shape for carving. I hope all of you that were here last year or the year before will come back this year. And if you haven’t been here before you are going to love it.

If you aren’t a BOL member and you need some info or have a question you can email me at mkcsh64@hotmail dot com.

Spread the word

I usually miss NICE because of work travel, now with this year's earlier date, it will be because of out-of-town guests staying at my house throughout the event. Nonetheless, a couple car loads of Whitefish locals will be headed your way this upcoming weekend, Saturday Jan 5th and Sunday Jan 6th. Only two hardbooters in the bunch, myself and the Skwal Guy. Hope to see some of you out on the slopes; I'll bring both hard and soft boots to seize whatever the weather offers.

Whitefish locals will be headed your way this upcoming weekend, Saturday Jan 5th and Sunday Jan 6th.
I will be up there but I will be working. If our timing is right I will be able to take a few runs with you but won't be able to show you around. I worked today and only got in 11 runs.

Hey, is there any consensus on where folks are staying this year? Days Inn, HoJo or???

Also, for the locals, can you recommend a massage therapist? After a couple of days of riding, I think my legs are going to need the help.

Got my schedule finally worked out. So, it looks like I'm in Wednesday thru Friday. That is if my legs hold up that long. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Tae

Hey Tae, glad you'll be making it out again this year! I'll get in Wednesday night, staying at the Days Inn. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, and maybe hitting up you and Steve Pro for a few more pointers ;)

We are going to be at HoJo check in Sunday night and check out on Thursday (I have to work Friday so we'll be leaving at the end of the day on Thursday). Got the room from Priceline.com for $38 a night. Got a deal at Liftopia.com on 2 day lift tickets.

"I just got Schweitzer Mountain 2 Day Lift Tickets for $106.00 (22% off) on Liftopia for Monday, January 14th. Join me?"

http://www.liftopia.com/q/e1pl

Any other ladies going to be riding? I have an extra pair of boots in mondo 24.5 and certainly an extra board if anyone needs gear to try!