• Powder: 12-15" dry blower
    • Corduroy: perfect groom, firm chalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted for Roy!! Maybe because of where I am In the learning curve...I've ben fortunate to have access to alot of pow (Grand Targhee) over the years and hardbooting is relatively new to me... the amount of focus, energy and conection required for each turn in a carve gives me that amount of thrill in return and more,,,much more than floating thru the fluff.....maybe I ;need to learn to relax!! Maybe breath alittle more??

Having ridden tits deep powder many times, there's no denying how fun it is... especially on a soft freestyle board. However, since giving myself over to carving, I am obsessed with finding that one perfect carving run. Anyone who's seen me ride knows I have a ways to go. The closest I've come was riding under Montezuma lift at A-Basin just days before my tumor diagnosis... as Lowell Hart can attest. Now, for me, powder just gets in the way of my pursuit.

Best feeling ever - that weightless instant where you pull out of the trench and float across the snow, before diving back in ... :1luvu:

Yeah day one at NES this year. Those first couple of barely tracked runs with 15cm of dry champagne powder over groom. The turns felt rock solid with these floaty airborne transitions...

When it finally got chopped up I eventually went to an AM board and went surfing. Hats off to everyone there, including you, who still made it look easy when it was chopped.

just got back from Idaho.. powder everwhere. yea its fun and a cool fun.. every mountain has powder.. but finding a place that has really good grooming and carving almost really seems harder to find.. been in search of good groom but every place alway when the snow fall has powder.. but grooming resorts seem to be tough to find... trust me.. way back when snowboard life magazine was writting about carving capitals.. they where far and few between.

Im now looking for next year. to again go somewhere different.. next stop maybe utah .. so if any one knows of a good destination resort with somewhat easy access travel wise and ski in ad ski out im open to new resorts..

for ease of access and ski in and ski out and airport, and no crowds I have been always been returning to Big Mountain Montana.. but Im always looking for a new place..

nothing like hitting sweet hard pack and g force..

The Nice at Schweitzer was awesome.. incredible winch groom... but hard to get to and not exactly ski in and ski out...

so now im searching for a new place to go after the WTF that I go to.. need another place to go after it.. think Utah.. but I don't no that area at all..

I take groom....groom..

RSS

I'm kinda a late-comer, and I voted Cord. I used to be a powder head, and I have seen the "storm of the century" (Mt Baker 98-99 the year all records were broken) and experienced deep deep powder. It was enough to satisfy me to last a life time, really.

So since then, I've got uh... "snobbish" when it comes to cord. :) Nothing like craving the cord truly solid (i.e. pencil thin carve lines) on my skis, alpine board and maybe my freeride boards. I have a strong preference of carving with my skis. :)

Castle Mountain got 65 cm overnight. I missed it so I may as well say corduroy,...

sick. though i've only been there once, i love that hill. great continuous decently steep fall line and no crowds (hard to comprehend for a westcoaster). an uncle has a place on the hill (under the lift actually - board in / out); really have to get out to visit again sometime...

• 1 month later...