Note to New Members ×

Aspen or Bust Part Duex revisited!

*Ace*

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little post session carving at highlands and buttermilk today. The snow was outrageously good but it's more fun when everyone is here. I'm happy to report that although they TRIED to groom out all the trenches we left at buttermilk, they couldn't get it all out, or even much of it for that matter.

Ann and I rode Snowmass today. OMG it was good. We would really like to stay longer, but now we have to go home and work to pay for Brad and Alaina's education.

I'll hopefully start uploading all the photos tomorrow night, which means they should be available sometime Monday evening or Tuesday morning. I'll publish the download URL when the upload is complete.

We miss everyone already...

P.S. I suck at Bomber Jeopardy!

Here is the last video played at the banquet:

Enjoy! It's still processing after the upload so the resolution is poor. It should be available in 720p HD in a few hours.

Thanks again to all the volunteers that make SES happen. See you again next year!

So I made it home after 2 airports did NOT have a plane for me to get on.

lots of beer, hot dog, chips, Cliff bar,6 Pepsi's and candy.

Mr. Azweepay was on with me, He pulled his "Kress" hat over his eyes, put his hood up and went to sleep. I thought I heard him say " wait for it" what ever that means. then he giggled. the other passengers had a look like they just ate a bad piece of fish. if I didn't know better I think Mr. Azweepay was crop dusting the plane the whole way home!:nono:

He told me to tell every one he had a great time:biggthump

Really sucks to have SES over. Just super to have the chance to meet and ride with everyone!

During the 18 hr drive back to the flatlands I found my feet and legs doing tiny little heelside and toeside moves as I guided the car from lane to lane with the cruise control on. At one point I wondered why I wasn't changing lanes, pushed my toes harder and leaned a bit.... oh, right... steering wheel! :eek:

Endless thanks to ALL the organizers and supporters.

During the 18 hr drive back to the flatlands I found my feet and legs doing tiny little heelside and toeside moves as I guided the car from lane to lane with the cruise control on. At one point I wondered why I wasn't changing lanes, pushed my toes harder and leaned a bit.... oh, right... steering wheel! :eek:.

And I thought I was the only one who had this problem?! Next year I hope to finally make it out to SES.

Thanks Michelle and Fin for once again hosting a great week of carving and thanks Sean, Frank and Bruce for the gear i rode, still like the snap of the Oly Freecarve best. I'm looking out at lake washington thinking about carving it up. Won't be back on the snow til the 26th in SV Idaho. Anne, Cathy and hopefully daughters will be carving with me. Anne says no skiing for her next year, just carving. See you next year, oh if your in Seattle look us up. It was great riding with all of you!

post-527-141842335778_thumb.jpg

Post SES blues!! Big thanks to all for a spectacular week.Great to see old friends and make new ones...made it to southern Montucky last night dredman and Johnasmo continued on to those far reaching Montucky northern lands...so they could ride the Big today.Big thanks to those northern Bros. Also big thanks to Finn, Michelle,Sean, Bruce, Frank and all who assisted them.Great time with great people ...thank you all....CARVE ON!!!!! until SES 2012!!

Just got home - picked up my sweet gimpy dog in Utah and managed to negotiate the deer/moose/elk/antelope/badger highway slalom, and came out sunny side up in the 18 wheeler roller derby! :)

So many good memories... learning to ride chop, remembering my powder skills with an awesome silly fun crew, a few super fun all-girl runs, meeting SBS & Milkman at Buttermilk, flying with the new Raven board on perfect groom the last afternoon.... :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

More please! :ices_ange (Wish I were headed back now instead of unloading the car....)

Drove/slept on the road for 23 hours and then came home to two super cool and wonderful little boys and their mom.I loved SES and already miss riding with great people on great goomed,but...

... today at Silver was bluebird and firm;even the familiar ridges of the crappy grooming on the steeps around chair 3 seemed to welcome me home.Add a two hour hardboot lesson with Max (who is lookin good)on the always nice grooming out at chair 4 and it all made for an awesome homecoming ! The Montucky crew might be interested to know that I even rode til last chair!!

Even after all the demos at SES my Diablo still rules.It's nice to come home still happy to ride what I own.Rode some kickass stuff though,and will review it in the right thread.

Mostly though,what makes me look forward to next year is the people.Thanks to everyone!

OK. Fun is over, now you tell us what new boards you rode last week.

Conditions were tough for aggressive carving with lots of soft snow for the first 5 days, but it really firmed up for the last 2. I only ever get to ride on very hard snow at home so I didn't want to test many boards in soft conditions.

SG 185 review here: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=338290#post338290

Other notable boards I tried in firm conditions:

Donek WC GS 180-something - Big and very damp. Seemed to change radius more by shifting weight fore-aft than by edge angle. Generally hauls butt and holds an edge nicely. Not a freecarve board (duh!) but would be perfect if you like going really fast without any drama from the board.

Donek fiberglass 171 FCII - Snappy! Very tight turn radius in the nose, would turn on a dime if you weighted the front. It felt like the nose was always trying to turn a bunch tighter than the rest of the board regardless of where you weighted the edge, but maybe I wasn't on my 'A' game.

Coiler 180 VSR Asym - 'Mid+' sidecut (I think), turns tighter than my older 182 Monster with the 14/15m sidecut. The Asym core requires a more centered riding style; loading the nose tends to over-flex it on heelsides. Still a quite versatile and easy-to-ride board.

Coiler 177 VSR - Fun board with the 'Mid' sidecut. This could be a fun every day board. I'd have a hard time deciding between the 180 VSR and this one if I had to, completely depends one how tight you want to turn.

I still loved going back to my Coiler 167 VSR for soft and choppy conditions, and the ever-mellow 182 Monster for nice groom and higher speeds.

I put Bomber's BoilerPlate on my Monster on a firm but choppy snow day - It works as advertised! I was able to rail through stuff that was bucking me out of carves earlier in the day. Like everyone says, it's really easy to get a false sense of confidence and get moving faster than you should be as the board doesn't throw you around as much. Board tracking on dead-flat cat tracks was a challenge, it seemed like it was always trying to engage one edge or the other. Others told me that goes away with experience. If I lived somewhere where the groom gets chopped up quick or there is poor grooming, I'd buy a plate in a second. I thought it had nice effects on perfect groom, but I prefer the feedback of a naked board when you aren't fighting bumpy surfaces.

http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums/af200/srecsky/SES2011/

Password: Carving

You can download the high-res image by clicking on the desired thumbnail image then hover your mouse pointer over the picture and select File -> Download (original size).

Feel free to send me a direct email via Bomber if you have any questions.

It states to Try again later. I'm getting the same thing. I'll try taking the password off later, but I think the site is just too busy at the moment.

Password works, I was able to get in. Make sure you accept cookies and javascript. If you get the try again later, wait 15 minutes or so.