Note to New Members ×

Aspen or Bust Part Duex revisited!

*Ace*

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our friend Roy came back! Woohoo! Sunshine, groom & cold temps! A few pics of us tearing it up on soft groomers. :)

1) What's that bright thing in the sky, and these ridges in the snow?!?!? :eek:

2) Fin & Dredman setting up a new version of the Bomber Plate.

3) A chilly ride up the chair for two_ravens, Helmut Karvlow, Mellow Yellow & BigDogDave. But the sun brings out big smiles all around!

post-6122-141842335226_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335228_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184233523_thumb.jpg

Nice video Sean! I wish I could counter with some GoPro footage of my own, but you know how that one goes...

Great photos Kelly! I had no idea I was on camera. I like the POOF from the arm drag, haha. I def made the most of that day.

Snowmass was absolutely stellar today.

Tomorrow first tracks @ Ajax should be near perfection.

Not many pics today, but another day of cold temps, sunshine and sweet groom! Though the rest of me is willing, my legs now have the strength of soggy kleenex - so decided to hang out at the demo tent a bit! :) Tried Angie's Coiler Classic yesterday afternoon and this morning, then switched to a Donek Free Carve 163, and then to completely finish off my legs, put a Donek plate on the FC for a couple of runs! :biggthump

photos:

1 & 2) Donek FreeCarve 163 with plate. :1luvu:

3) Montucky rest stop - Little Debbies! Yum!!! :p

post-6122-141842335281_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335284_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335286_thumb.jpg

Really can't believe it's over, but it must be true because I'm almost out of ibuprofen! :eek: The session finished off with a perfect bluebird day and hero groom! Chilly again in the morning, warming in the afternoon - couldn't ask for a better day. Started off with First Tracks down Copper Bowl, then moving to Buttermilk - yum! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

photos:

1) The crew gathers at the base of the gondola.

2) The fantastic view up top on a perfect day.

3) Snowman ready to roll.

post-6122-141842335316_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335321_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335323_thumb.jpg

Really have to say the afternoon was probably my best day ever on a snowboard! :1luvu: Got a new Coiler VSR about a month ago, took it for 6 runs and.... hated it. :( To be fair, I was riding injured, in poor conditions & hadn't done any tuning on it, but I put it in a closet and whined for about a month anyway. But finally got it out, changed the tune and my binding setup and gave it another go on Friday at the Milk and... WOW! That board is like opening up a can of 'Instant Rockstar'! I finally kissed and made up with the Raven Sun board, and I have to say that make-up carving really is the best!!! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

1) Ravens over Aspen. :ices_ange

2) A little of the damage done at Buttermilk - and this was taken before noon!!! Good work everyone! :biggthump

post-6122-141842335351_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335355_thumb.jpg

OK, a big shout out to everyone who made SES 2011 happen! A huge thanks to all the sponsors and manufacturers and helping hands and awesome riders and fun happy people who made this gathering so fantastic!!! Got to meet, hang out with, ride up & make turns with so many wonderful people from all over - what an amazing opportunity! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

Biggest thanks of course to Fin & Michelle - you two are rock stars for sure to go through all the work of putting this on. :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Tumbelina

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENF3s8AptFM?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENF3s8AptFM?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

After finding my camera 5 days later, on the mountain in the subzero temps I still had more than enough battery to shoot this one on the top of Buttermilk.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcWqxmAdCfo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcWqxmAdCfo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Edited by *Ace*