Note to New Members ×

The race plate never dies

WinterGold

That is our good buddy and partner for the SES in Aspen last few years, Joerg and Remo from Pure Boarding :biggthump

He purchased the rights to distribute the binding from Ibex this summer. Congrats Joerg, good luck, and we'll see you in February!

post-1-141842324136_thumb.jpg

Good for Joerg, he is a great guy and has made such a positive impact in our small world of carving all over the world. Joerg is all about carvers getting together regardless of riding style or the product you use he sends out positive vibes where ever he goes.

I hope we see him some year again at an ECES event.

15 yrs riding race plates riding everyting from big GS decks to backcountry excursions and never broke em. Not even the very light and flexy Carbon Race Plates. I think many of the Race Plate failures were due to improper set up and abusive riding technique not faulty design. Still a very adequet binder imho. :biggthumpBig thumb up to Joerg for helping keep this binding alive and good luck on the new venture.:biggthump

Think Snow!

Did you ever break them? As in did you ever own a pair and break them yourself?

Yes i owned a pair (BURTON race 1999-2000 yellowish-green)and broke one binding around the disk area,and also another friend of mine broke bails 2 times!

Maybe it's my weight, I'm 110 kilos my friend is around 100 ,maybe the aggressiveness but definitely not improper set up ,anyway everything can break as i broke a pair of oxygen bindings and a bail off a nale binding but those bindings cost me way less and even compared to those bindings the burtons broke easier!

Maybe they are better for lighter riders.

If you look at the rear binding in the photo, you can see the kind of stress I put on Race Plates. I check the bales and parts every season, but have yet to see any issues. The only problem I've encountered, was when using Raichle SB boots, which would pre release. Six seasons in Burton boots, and I've never had a problem. I think the SB boot plastic was soft and would deform under pressure (it happened with three different pairs). I'm often up to 170lbs. (I should credit David Cook of Ski Jammers for the photo)

post-340-141842324185_thumb.jpg

Yes i owned a pair (BURTON race 1999-2000 yellowish-green)and broke one binding around the disk area,and also another friend of mine broke bails 2 times!

I'm nearly 200 lbs, fairly on it aggressively.

No broken parts since the skiboot days (1999).

If you're too tight they might break?

I only use one hand to easily close bail.

If you need two hands, maybe they're too tight and breaking?

Light riders only on race plates is one of the biggest myths on this site.

These are surfy bindings, if you're tightening them to mimic your TD's,

Then you're too tight.

Hi carvers!

As you know there is a new company out on the snow. Behind this company is Remo Eberle. I have been in this sport since 1988 and I am a good friend of Joerg Egli from Pb. I have seen a lot of things come and go in this sport! More going than coming! That´s why we took over Ibex. So what I try to do is make things better or even new. And I would be happy, if you could help me improve things in this market. So if you have any ideas or problems with my products, please let me know! We also working on new kind of Jacket and Pants .

Keep on carving!

Regards Remo