Note to New Members ×

Playing on my slalom board

WinterGold

Here is a little video from this Monday (24th of May).

We headed out to a glacier called Kitzsteinhorn in the Austrian Alps.

We found almost perfect conditions :D ...

This is just a little clip of me toying on my slalom board (Kessler KST Sl 162). I would have liked to get some more footage, but it is always difficult to find someone willing and able to do the filming ... ;)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiiSts24U8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiiSts24U8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh no, I wish I'd not seen that you can throw Kessler slalom boards around on piste. That could be expensive for me. Or perhaps you'd rip irrespective of the board.

I'm not sure about the powder suit, but otherwise I like the mix of styles there. I'm a huge fan of slalom boards for the reasons you're demonstrating there.

I LOVE the feeling of doing those tight little carves like the first couple of segments in the clip. Your head is going straight down the fall line but your body is dancing beneath. So much fun but it tires me out quick!

Nice video!

Very impressive (a slalom board is my ONLY board, and I definitely can't rip like that), makes me long for the next winter!

That said, are you sure about going one-legged? I would never dream of it. Call me a coward, but I have only one knee per leg, and I am very attached to them.

Thanks for the snow stoke in the summer! Keep them coming.

Btw, great board, the Kes SL 162! When I tried it, I wished for a wider version with rounded tail, as an ultimate allround board. The answer came in a BX 168 narrow.

Here is a little video from this Monday (24th of May).

We headed out to a glacier called Kitzsteinhorn in the Austrian Alps.

We found almost perfect conditions :D ...

This is just a little clip of me toying on my slalom board (Kessler KST Sl 162). I would have liked to get some more footage, but it is always difficult to find someone willing and able to do the filming ... ;)

NICE!! Thanks for sharing your carving day!!

Mad Skilz!! Great enthusiasm for the sport. Carve on!!

Great vid, great riding. Reassuring that some of the posters on BOL ride that well...

I realise even more I need to ditch my Hot Blast 160 and get something current for slalom. Just got a 171 KST... after the snow melted dammit, so have to look at it for 6 months :mad:

Hey Martin hows it going, I've only just noticed your signature with your name. Good to see you are still hard booting, and I would hazzard a good bet your are not joking about your Hot. You won't go back though after you've given that Kessler some attention. In case you are wondering.....Darren your old Burton/Swatch team mate.