Note to New Members ×

Playing on my slalom board

WinterGold

You know, I am always impressed by someone like you who shows some versitile riding. I rode with some guys in the mid 90s who could do all the things in hard boots that the freestylers could do and then some.... just don't see that too much anymore... not only does it impress, but makes me jealous.... wish I could ride like that! I have attempted to ride switch on my little Oxygen 149 board, but it's not nearly as graceful! Mainly I do it to show the other instructors that it can be done on a board with a flat tail. I think only once I stuck the tail into a mogul, but it was pretty funny!

You know, I am always impressed by someone like you who shows some versitile riding. I rode with some guys in the mid 90s who could do all the things in hard boots that the freestylers could do and then some.... just don't see that too much anymore... not only does it impress, but makes me jealous.... wish I could ride like that! I have attempted to ride switch on my little Oxygen 149 board, but it's not nearly as graceful! Mainly I do it to show the other instructors that it can be done on a board with a flat tail. I think only once I stuck the tail into a mogul, but it was pretty funny!

I am torn between what board or boards to add to the quiver. I ride about 70/30 soft vs plate setups. I love carving switch. Not sure what will be the quiver killer compromise. I want to rail both ways. I think I need a seriously customized board....

Kitzsteinhorn! Above Kaprun and Zell am Zee!

First time I skied the Alps was there - June 1972. Super foggy and I didn't realize A) I was skiing next to a huge cliff and B) you can get sunburned in fog.

Do they still have that weird tunnel to get to the top from the top of the luftseilbahn?

Nice riding, btw.

Hey Martin hows it going, I've only just noticed your signature with your name. Good to see you are still hard booting, and I would hazzard a good bet your are not joking about your Hot. You won't go back though after you've given that Kessler some attention. In case you are wondering.....Darren your old Burton/Swatch team mate.

Hey Dazza...I wondered what had happened to you after you joined the Fire Brigade! I see from your quiver you have a Kessler 162 like Wintergold.... I bet you rip on that, but then again, you always did!

Stay in touch,:biggthump

Martin

@Jack - raspberry jam is my favorite ;) ... about the ACLs - no problems when sitting on the tail, but it is a different story when landing jumps ...

@kinpa - Thanks!

@colintkemp - Thank you :ices_ange

@Jonny - the tunnel is still there! Unfortunately it is closed most of the time now and the slope down to the lift is hardly ever prepared ... 1972 ... that´s a looooong time ;)

@Emdee406 - you will LOVE your new ride! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice video and a great area to ride! Good to see someone thinking "out of the box" and wearing something cool instead of the helmet and sunglasses. ;)

Next time, go look for a slightly steeper slope, as this one at the Magnetköpfl lifts is the flattest one you'll find in Kaprun. :p

At 0m33s -> aaargh, just looks like a perfect day for a summit ride, too bad I wasn't there!