Note to New Members ×

What do you do when you dont have snow?

Arclite

What do you do?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

We have our sailboat

Still have the camper

Have a week planned in Grand Lake for my parent's 50th. Going to take the new MB and carve some turns at WP:D

Bought some Harb carvers and going to try to perfect parallel turns. Turns out I can't even conform in the skiing world:smashfrea

Lots of biking planned

I need to pull out my longboard, too.

Backyard is finally fixed up and koi pond restocked (orginal koi killed by spouse 3 years ago)-so I plan some sitting outside and hurricane imbibing (without the named storms)

for awhile - biking, fishing, skateboarding, (not enough) surfing.

Finish milling my trees. Two newly-fallen oaks to deal with. Build my dehumidification kiln.

Lose weight during the approaching three-month sauna.

Fantasize about a winding, forest-lined trail in a snowstorm - two inches of fresh already, over groom.

sigh...

BB

• 4 weeks later...

Biking (mostly road) - with a new twist this year. I converted a mid-70's vintage Dawes road bike to a 42/17 freewheel single speed. The more I use it, the more I like it - it's light, simple, accelerates quickly, and keeps me honest on the climbs.

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af89/rwmaron/May%202009/June92010163.jpg[/img]"]http://June92010163.jpg

Give it a try!

WW kayak / rafting

I swear I'll ride my mountain bike more this year

I didn't know that. I'm headed to the Middle Fork Salmon next weekend. Got three guys coming from Baker to partake of the Idaho spring melt.

I'll try to hit you up for next year. We do have room if you're interested.

Pretty short notice I know.

Not any any particular order and not just when there is no snow.

WW Kayak

Sea Kayak

Hiking

Backpacking

Alpine scrambling

Running

Weightlifting

Years ago I went mtn. biking, whitewater kayaking, and snowboarding in the same day. Love the Pacific Northwest :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

My HORSE!!!! She gets all winter off, but now she's gotta haul my butt around.... I don't think she complains much though. Besides, I don't get to go out and ride nearly as much as I'd like to. My daughter is 8 and she rides with me some, but my son is 3 and even though he has a pony, I don't think he's ready for any extensive riding yet.

The rest of the time? work... hang out with the kids.... all the normal stuff

I just got some roller skis...the XC version, both classic and skate compatible, although I added the outriggers so I'll be doing classic...

I also picked up a MTB last year from REI-going to try out WP this July. May do a little trail roller skiing as well.....

• 4 months later...

Most summers I would be kayaking, but a little shoulder injury this spring changed all that.... So I've been pulling on rubber bands, working out with a trainer, and tromping around in the mountains. Put another 9 miles and 3,000 feet vertical gain on my feet this Friday. But it's raining cats and dogs in the valley right now and snow up high!!! :biggthump :biggthump

post-6122-141842324027_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842324029_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842324032_thumb.jpg

This is kayaking....sort of. Surf ski racing, in and out of big waves. And being in Oz, this is really all I have to look forward to for the next few months at least.

(Me on the right, a mate on the left, both of us the main items on offer at a very severe garage sale about 2 seconds later)

post-1177-141842324066_thumb.jpg

post-1177-14184232407_thumb.jpg

post-1177-141842324072_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...