Note to New Members ×

Bomber secret plates (caution soft-boots content)

carvingchef

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the second and third photos in the original post, it appears that the entire plate is angled using the the interface to the TD3 base and the soft boot bindings are mounted at a 0 degree angle relative to the plates.

Question #1: are the angle indicators on the TD3 center disk visible with the plate mounted on top? From the photos it appears they are not and the angles must be guestimated.

Question #2: any reason to mount the soft boot bindings angled on top of the plates?

From the second and third photos in the original post, it appears that the entire plate is angled using the the interface to the TD3 base and the soft boot bindings are mounted at a 0 degree angle relative to the plates.
that's correct, you can use the TD3 base or the TD2 base but i suggest using the TD3 base if you have it
Question #1: are the angle indicators on the TD3 center disk visible with the plate mounted on top? From the photos it appears they are not and the angles must be guestimated.
if you look at the very first picture you can see a long cut out right in the middle of the plates and a small cut out just under, the small cut out is the window that shows the angle marks engraved on the center disc (just like on TD2 bindings)
Question #2: any reason to mount the soft boot bindings angled on top of the plates?
i cant think of any good reason to want to do that

yeah but if you start moving the bindings more than 3 or 4 degrees the base of the binding will start going outside of the plate (at least at 2 opposite corners) and you might not get the full benefit of the plates in doing so

anybody can do what they want, i personally wouldn't do that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, for some reason I was not subscribed to this :freak3:

I am SO sorry to report that this will not be happening this season. Two reasons:

- Boiler Plate Took off big time and sucked up all my free time

- We just ran out of 3 deg TD3 Cant Disks so no point in these right now

I actually bought the material and it even made it to the side of the mill that will be cutting them. But just did not get to it.

The interest is high so plan to cut them this summer as well as make a boat load of Cants to co with them. So goal is to have them read to go at start of next season.

I know, I am lame and deserve a beating with a 158 BX board :eek:

• 5 months later...

Yep, they are still a go. Have plenty of the cants and center disks now. And still have the material from last year to make the adapter plate itself. So no excuse. Probably see late Fall to early winter. Will announce on site as well as a newsletter so make sure you are signed up.

Yep, they are still a go. Have plenty of the cants and center disks now. And still have the material from last year to make the adapter plate itself. So no excuse. Probably see late Fall to early winter. Will announce on site as well as a newsletter so make sure you are signed up.

retail price forecast? need to retire all of my flow's for something better!