Note to New Members ×

Bomber secret plates (caution soft-boots content)

carvingchef

I'm waiting for the first person to stack a TD3 on top of that sucker.
why would you want to do that

Those look nifty! Can you please let me know the next time you plan to go to Mammoth? I would be VERY interested in trying these out with my soft set up:)

i'm probably going to be in mammoth the first weekend of May, when i know for sure i will post it and i'll start a thread in the SO-CAL section, i know Neil wants to try them too

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
the Bomber Secret Plates (not so secret anymore) will make an appearance in Mammoth this coming weekend may 1st and 2nd

If I was out in Cali on Mammoth Mtn (I WISH !!!)...I would definitely like to give those things a try. Heretofore, I have never messed around with cant and lift and how it affects boarding. I've tried a friends skis a long time ago who had cants under his bindings to take care of his knock-kneed condition, I think.....didn't like those AT ALL....ha ha. But that a whole different kaboodle.

What stance do you ride at with those canted and lifted plates with your softboots? 55? 60? I am wondering how they would feel at lessor angles like 30 or even 15. Having never ridden canted, lifted plates before...I am just wondering how they'd feel at my standard 15/5 stance. Wonder if it would be worse or better. I realize there is really no need for cant or lift when riding a wide board at those angles, but I'd be curious nonetheless. And of course I'd be interested in taking them to 55 deg with those new "SoftPlates" at cant and lift. I think my Jamie Lynn boots are tight enough to do it. I sometimes try 55 deg just on my regular set-up and I don't like it at ALL! feels unnatural. So maybe cant and lift is the key at those hardboot-type angles. Wonder if and when Fin is going to produce them...and for what price.

How do you like those plate adapters so far...now that you've been using them for more than a month?

Your mileage may vary: For me at ~25f/18r in softies, cant and lift were an absolute game changer. It gave me a much more effective platform for the transfer of energy; which changed my riding, for the better, across the board.

disclaimer: I've never ridden these supersecretbomberplates only catek FR2's

If I was out in Cali on Mammoth Mtn (I WISH !!!)...I would definitely like to give those things a try. Heretofore, I have never messed around with cant and lift and how it affects boarding. I've tried a friends skis a long time ago who had cants under his bindings to take care of his knock-kneed condition, I think.....didn't like those AT ALL....ha ha. But that a whole different kaboodle.

What stance do you ride at with those canted and lifted plates with your softboots? 55? 60? I am wondering how they would feel at lessor angles like 30 or even 15. Having never ridden canted, lifted plates before...I am just wondering how they'd feel at my standard 15/5 stance. Wonder if it would be worse or better. I realize there is really no need for cant or lift when riding a wide board at those angles, but I'd be curious nonetheless. And of course I'd be interested in taking them to 55 deg with those new "SoftPlates" at cant and lift. I think my Jamie Lynn boots are tight enough to do it. I sometimes try 55 deg just on my regular set-up and I don't like it at ALL! feels unnatural. So maybe cant and lift is the key at those hardboot-type angles. Wonder if and when Fin is going to produce them...and for what price.

How do you like those plate adapters so far...now that you've been using them for more than a month?

keep in mind that cant and lift is a very personal thing but when you find what works for you i honestly believe it improves the ride, your stance feels more natural and you are more comfortable

when i used those plates on the Coiler i left the base exactly the same as when i use hardboots (front 3 degree cant mostly toe lift, rear 6 degree cant mostly heel lift) but because i had the angles a little bit lower (50/45 instead of 57/52) there was slightly more inward cant and slightly less lift which felt good on soft-boots

when i used the plates on the Razor my stance was half inch longer than my hardboot stance and the angles were 45/35 with similar set up (front 3 degree cant mostly toe lift, rear 6 degree cant mostly heel lift) and here is my logic

when i ride in hardboots my front boot doesn't have any forward lean and my rear boot has some forward lean (thanks BTS) and i think most hardbooters have a similar set up but in softboots there is no lean adjustment on the boot itself so i used to have the rear softboot binding highback with more forward lean than the front binding, now that i use those plates i don't have any forward lean in the bindings highback (which gives me a better boot/binding fit) and i use the cant discs to give me the cant and lift combination that feels better for me (and it feels way better than before) like i said before, cant and lift is very personal and there is no magic formula that applies to everyone, you just have to experiment and find out what works for you

bomber soft boot system?

I think a few eyes are rolling and groans from a few as that will mean the "purity of bootin" people will need to openly accept mushbooters on the forum and not a separate softy section....

Either way, I'd be down for a set of those plates also if available :biggthump

bomber soft boot system?

I think a few eyes are rolling and groans from a few as that will mean the "purity of bootin" people will need to openly accept mushbooters on the forum and not a separate softy section....

Either way, I'd be down for a set of those plates also if available :biggthump

venting in this thread about how others treat you here does not help your case.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uhhh i am gonna have to work extra hard this winter to help out my gear budget.

Put me down for 1 pair. Might have an interesting BX application. Now i have to go hunting for what parts i already have.

Finn Can you let us know when they appear in the Bomber store and what the price might be. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...