Note to New Members ×

Bomber secret plates (caution soft-boots content)

carvingchef

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Where the toe straps connect to the baseplate i've improvised all 4 connections, sometimes twice. Where the heel-cup connects to the baseplate I've stripped out (dunno how) some of the possible holes that work for my bigger boots.

I LOVE these bindings, but I'm tired of tightening so many pieces multiple times throughout the day just to make sure I stay safe. And carrying a full set of extra hardware & tools to make sure my riding's not cut short due to failure.

Take this with a grain of salt - I've never tried to contact Catek after my purchase of these bindings. Based on others reports I just figured it wasn't worth the aggravation - I just found ways to fix things myself.

Maybe if I let them know all the issues I was having they'd send me a new pair? :freak3:

Where the toe straps connect to the baseplate i've improvised all 4 connections, sometimes twice. Where the heel-cup connects to the baseplate I've stripped out (dunno how) some of the possible holes that work for my bigger boots.

I LOVE these bindings, but I'm tired of tightening so many pieces multiple times throughout the day just to make sure I stay safe. And carrying a full set of extra hardware & tools to make sure my riding's not cut short due to failure.

Take this with a grain of salt - I've never tried to contact Catek after my purchase of these bindings. Based on others reports I just figured it wasn't worth the aggravation - I just found ways to fix things myself.

Maybe if I let them know all the issues I was having they'd send me a new pair? :freak3:

Thanks! For me the buckles would keep breaking... I gave up rotating the highback, way too stiff! I use Teflon tapes to tighten the bolts and so far fr2's been holding rather well...

Anyway I can't wait to try bomber secret plate with my flow binding... I seriously need some canting and lifting on back foot...

fin,

Good work there with the secret plates. I am about to order a "second board kit" and will design my own soft boot plate if it does not become available soon. You tell me, should I just Relax and wait? or is it going to take until sometime in January?

Not trying to be pushy here, I just know what it's like to have a lot of projects in the Fire. Knowing will help a number of us to formulate our plans.