Note to New Members ×

Ever see a teen or pre-teen on alpine ?

SteveInOregon

GREAT to hear that there are teens out there racing "&" carving and a few on BOL.

I only ask this because of the juxtaposition between all the positive comments I get every time out go out from kids who just LOVE my setup and then not seeking any a single one actually on a carve board, so the reply about racing teens not bothering with the weekend crowds makes sense .

Right here!

I started last year (age 14).

Did you forget about Gabe? (im sure nobody did)

And Theo? (KingCrimson)

This is less than a year on HB's

<object height="225" width="400">

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8417449&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="225" width="400"></object>

My friend was out of this world amazing on a 157 burton fb slalom board at 13. But he hasn't rode hardboots much at all in the last 10 years. his transition to steeper runs didn't go well he ended up scared to ride after a few concussions. His brother started at 17 also had some bad wrecks only rides hard boots on freeride boards now.

I should have started back then when I was 15 but I was to busy learning to be a better skier. but hard booting was always on my mind.

...has upwards of 17 harbooters that are 18 or under...with a couple of USASA National Champions, Project Gold Team Members and qualifiers for FIS Junior Worlds. It's crazy how many kids find it's "cool" up here in MN to ride hard boots.

Here's some pics of these younger riders racing....

http://gallery.me.com/thehannafamily#101145