Note to New Members ×

Softbooters stay away.

jburrill

i know a girl at silverstar mtn in vernon bc who is a casi level 3 snowboard instructor. she taught me how to really carve on soft boots. i watched her drag her tuque when in a carve toeside and then flipping over to a heel side and trying to do the same thing again. and again. and again. and again. she was phenomenal to watch!!!!!! and this was with softboots.

apparently she's part way to her level 4 and her form on hardboots is very nice.

sometimes its the rider and not necessarily the equipment that can make things happen.

n.b. she was riding duck-ish

Hard to find someone on the higher pony then the one you normaly ride... I often wonder why you post on this site at all?

Maybe you missed on the fact that quite a few die hard hardbooters protested about the tone and content of the original post. Then it got clarified as a joke, so most of the people carried on jokingly. But that might be too subtle to notice, for a guy who uses sexism as pejorative to a style of carving...

I felt bad for insulting so I edited the post. The last thing I want to do is make a hardbooter feel even more inferior.

Sorry BlueBalls.

WTF, you delete a post and then just start calling names?

so, what did he say?

what's the point of posting here if you have a jib superiority complex?

All you freestyling softbooters stay away from BOL. This is for middle aged folks who like to carve with alpine gear. You softies can go to SOL for your bloggatory remarks. Softbooters are different. They use soft boots that look like they should be on the moon. And their bindings have funny straps made of rubber bands. I dont like those studded leather belts either. Dont even get me started bout those 360 and 725's. Is nothing sacred?

I guess you guys dont know Burril(he skools most everyone). Yea !..I was wondering what happened to you. Pm me

Edited for BlueBalls.

Hardboots....training wheels for the less skilled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: A lot of folks here thought "I" was a troll, but your "official" pal.

Who gives a crap what kind of plank you float the snow on, or what I or any of these guys ( gals ) here have fun on.

I don't soft anymore because 1) I am beat up ( multiple broken bones & more injuries like that ) so I cant get air without ending up in the hospital, and 2) got "bored" on a soft rides lack of s-p-e-e-d, I wanted more speed and ultra fast precise handling and I found it in hard shells, so big deal, whoope-e-do for me.

I got all the respect in the world for the Shaun White's of this world, the stuff they do is ballsy and amazing skill, I LOVE to watch them in the super pipe event's.

I DON'T like it when they crash & burn because they are highly trained professional athletes , cool young guys with class who are commited to excellence and I want them to have a good long carrier.

But I havbe to admit, I do like watching a stunt runt, who is zero class and all ego weenie blast a blunt smoking park show and bounce a stash run to the pain hut complete with blood trail.

I have to admit I like to see the loud mouth stunt runts crack a rib and do some star gazing while waiting to catch the red cross ride down the hill.

Hard boots = sharp fast turns as high s-p-e-e-d. You aint gonna find any Olympic champ charging down hill and winning a PGS race in moon boots.

Sofites with class who really get monster air are all right in my book, :)

This site started as a place to buy hardboot bindings that don't break.

The only time I hate on softies is when some side slipper plays heelside bulldozer on a run they shouldn't even be on. I've seen duckfooters carve a perfect circle, it's not a matter can it be done, for me it's a matter of comfort & convenience as much as performance.

I like my training wheels & my crutches; I don't get foot pain, I don't have to reset my binding every time I step in without bending over, and I can trench groom, go switch, rip the bumps, and track the pow in the trees on 1 stick or 2, without changing boots.

I find no advantages to laces & straps for any conditions including deep powder.

I got tired of fussing with laces & straps 20 years ago and every time I give them a shot since I wonder were the edge pressure went and why my feet hurt. 2 incompatible sets of gear is just extra clutter I don't really need.

ymmv

signed, another old dog who's bag of tricks is full enough

ps burton drivers for sale cheap

This site started as a place to buy hardboot bindings that don't break.

The only time I hate on softies is when some side slipper plays heelside bulldozer on a run they shouldn't even be on. I've seen duckfooters carve a perfect circle, it's not a matter can it be done, for me it's a matter of comfort & convenience as much as performance.

I like my training wheels & my crutches; I don't get foot pain, I don't have to reset my binding every time I step in without bending over, and I can trench groom, go switch, rip the bumps, and track the pow in the trees on 1 stick or 2, without changing boots.

I find no advantages to laces & straps for any conditions including deep powder.

I got tired of fussing with laces & straps 20 years ago and every time I give them a shot since I wonder were the edge pressure went and why my feet hurt. 2 incompatible sets of gear is just extra clutter I don't really need.

ymmv

signed, another old dog who's bag of tricks is full enough

ps burton drivers for sale cheap

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: DITTOS one pair of X's and one pair of SI's just sitting on the shelf.

Although I agree with much of stuff here in favor of hard boots,especially for my personal style,comfort and riding preferences;the best recreational racer I have ever known is a softbooter and great friend by the name of Chris Sandoski, who is an instructor at Vail. In the years I worked there,more often than not, I saw him slay all comers and guests to the skischool and beer leagues.

im not saying you cant ride well in soft boots.... just not sure why you'd want to.... its not that i dont like soft boots per say, its just the whole concept/interface, all day support etc etc

oh and the boards just feel like wet noodles... its like driving and chevy caprice with under infalted tires

I guess you guys dont know Burril(he skools most everyone). Yea !..I was wondering what happened to you. Pm me

I think most people know that Burril is breaking balls. Look at the guys profile and you'll see he rides more soft gear than hard. Who cares? I just like to try to bust his chops back. My problem is I'm not as witty as others

(compared to the likes of S. Orrechio.)

oh and the boards just feel like wet noodles... its like driving and chevy caprice with under infalted tires

way off topic

I had 2 chevy caprice(couldn't afford the impala ss):

Chevy LT1 engine (350CI corvett derive)

1 1995 1a2(wagon police package)

1 1996 9c1(sedan police package)

They handle quite well for their size in stock format. I know ppl who attend SCCA autocross event in them.

Throw a whole set of hotchkiss sway bar/springs/control arms + sticky tire they are pulling 1G in the skidpad.

--

David

Hannah is still welcome anywhere.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/winter/hannah-teter/

WOW! Clair is even HOTTER! She can crap on my floor anytime!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/winter/clair-bidez/

Dano, you have not heard hannah teter speak. she's like Danny Kass but more annoying if that's possible.

http://www.spike.com/episode/16779/st/2778876

The few times I have crashed hard the last few seasons was when I was carving hardpack in softies. Carve same areas under same conditions with hardboots and have never crashed hard. Still use softies for steep bump runs and powder and carve when snow is soft enough. It is a lot harder to carve in them than hardboots under non-hero conditions. My feet cramp up more too. I can ride hardboots under all conditions on the right board, but seems like it makes my thighs more tired. I think its because I'm riding a lot faster and harder than with soft boots:biggthump It's definitly easier to go faster under all conditions in hardboots than soft :boxing_sm

"official"

my ass. He's a hard boot hater from the word go and holds most who post here is high disdain.

Nothing but a true troll who won't go away.

Seems like you're figuring this out, and it's nice to see you on the board. Literally and here on Bomber too.

S. ------ not so much.