Note to New Members ×

Softbooters stay away.

jburrill

All you freestyling softbooters stay away from BOL. This is for middle aged folks who like to carve with alpine gear. You softies can go to SOL for your bloggatory remarks. Softbooters are different. They use soft boots that look like they should be on the moon. And their bindings have funny straps made of rubber bands. I dont like those studded leather belts either. Dont even get me started bout those 360 and 725's. Is nothing sacred?

Are you trying to start a flame war, or what? I could understand in the summer, a bit of flaming is entertaining, but now with so many good topics going on?

I tought that anyone who wanted to carve a thin line in the snow, was welcome here...

seems to me this intened as a joke toward the Soft Bindings For Freecarving thread.

I hope so anyway.

--

David

Maybe so, I just found this post in there:

<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->

I suggest a Custom X wide with CO2 bindings and Driver X boots with RAF inserts. Now, crank the front foot up to a whopping 26 degrees (max for this binding) and set your back foot to neg 5 degrees. You have to ride switch as well.

Hmmmm.

Nice one! :biggthump

Some of you big hearted bi-curious types should consider embracing the lunatic fringe on both sides of the carving scale. Not just the low side.

Just because one jibber out of 500 might carve a turn or two doesn't make them any less annoying for straightlining runs, scraping the snow off trails sideways or crapping on the floor in the restroom.

"DOOOOOOOOD......"

Some of you big hearted bi-curious types should consider embracing the lunatic fringe on both sides of the carving scale. Not just the low side.

Just because one jibber out of 500 might carve a turn or two doesn't make them any less annoying for straightlining runs, scraping the snow off trails sideways or crapping on the floor in the restroom.

"DOOOOOOOOD......"

thats why they wear their pant around their ass... so the bottom of the pant cuff can wipe it up.

Your problem is that very few of us are that narrow. Many of us hard boot riders feel there is a time and place for soft boots and we enjoy riding them.

Good luck.

agreed.

I have softboots and I use them, proper tool for the job. I even carve in softies. but generally I keep softboots around for the rare pow day, the occasional park session and sometimes just to switch it up.

Baggy boote'rs love me when I show up on my long flattie.

Myself , I don't ride the lift or walk around at the mountain with snotty middle aged fly fisherman attitude , one reason is the young jibberwalkies treat me with respect and admiration even tho my carving is a grade D+, they too can see the "fun" in it.

Even tho I am going in faster and faster and turning higher angles at speed and want to get a full face helmet I mite not get one becasue I want to other riders on the mountain to be able to see my "smile" :biggthump

thats why they wear their pant around their ass... so the bottom of the pant cuff can wipe it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankly, one part of mine hates softies, because they do not respect space other people need. They just ride downhill straight, buzzing off others who tries to learn something and, moreover, they feel cool about it, although 90% of people on the slope do not even pay attention to the ride that is simply a remarkable crap - you do not need deep skills to ride like that. And that was the reason I deserted to hard boots and alpine boards.

On the other hand, soft boot riding is a bit different style... more forgiving style. Slight overpush with your toes do not bury into snow. Small mistake on the piste is easily recoverable... I was surprised with TITANIC effect on my first hardboot freeriding and I had to react fast to rescue myself from drowning, only because I pushed my toes harder. And for freeriding softs are probably better... :biggthump

In conclusion, pure softies(that are "never-ever" hardies) are afraid of hard consequences. Hardbooters riding softboots belong to a different category. I am also pondering the opportunity to have one softboot board for freeriding(and may be slight freestyling). But I am not morally ready yet to forget my lovely UPZ RC10 even for an instance. :1luvu:

soft people are great. but for a carver, there is no point in having uncomfortable feet, so I stick with the rc10's on the pow board. who wants to carry 2 pair of boots along with all the other stuff. I tried the darkside:angryfire one day this year, that was the end of that. hardboots on all boards:D

jburril,

I do understand your frustration. You are no doubt discouraged by straight bombing snowboarding kids that seem to direspect the world and every one in it. They cut people off, swear, smoke on the lift and poke fun at the general public. They seem to be at every resort crowding slopes from east to west. I think the only solution for you is to hang up your board and stop riding. Maybe take up arm chair quarterbacking and complain about what Brett Favre should have done and if you were the coach how things would be changed. I'm sure you would be real good at it.

I know I want to say something really profound here... I just can't come up with anything tho. At first, I thought the original comment was funny and intended as that, but for some reason, it really pushed a few buttons out there. Maybe these soft booters who everyone seems to dislike are just at the age where image is everything and looking cool with pants around your ankles is where it's at. But they are a product of where companys like burton and billabong and hurley etc have taken the sport. Image is everything for them, but we have achieved enlightenment - we are into the sport for the sheer pleasure. Their day will come, hopefully, when they realize there is more to life than image, more to riding than what you wear or how you try to impress everyone. Ah, so much for profound thoughts, my apologies for rambling...

I've seen some softbooters carve better than some hardbooters. That hardbooter may or may not be me. I'm just saying...

I gotta agree with you RDY, I'm sure you've all seen this vid:

These guys are awesome, but i think only one of them are in hardshells.

I gotta agree with you RDY, I'm sure you've all seen this vid:

These guys are awesome, but i think only one of them are in hardshells.

I'd have to say the most boring guy on this video was the one on Hardboots. The other riders had some style of their own and were really fun to watch.

Now for us. Maybe we Hardbooters just don't have the skill or the youth necessary to be a good carvers on softboots. Maybe it's like cheating.

Maybe it's: Philosophy: Age, Deceit, Cunning, and Treachery can Defeat Youth and skill!