Note to New Members ×

New Boardercross Boards

Victory

Hey guys, I just wanted to fill you all in on a project I have been working on for a couple of years now called "Victori". I got approached by a SBX coach a while back about building some custom boards that would be stiff, damp and be able to grip firm snow like there's no tomorrow. I'm always keen for a new challenge, so I set out to develop the ultimate boardercross board. Metal construction, pretensioned/precured glass laminates, CNC machined cores, kevlar impact plates in the binding areas, the inserts are individually glassed in place...all the bells and whistles you can imagine. Until now they've been in the R&D phase and now I'm ready to make them available to the public.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been building boards for a long time now (15 years I believe)...I used to build a lot of alpine boards particularly custom stuff that even won a few World Cup events. Since then I've been busy running a brand called Clyde Snowboards while still building custom boards on the side because that is where my passion is.

Basically I'd love to know what you guys think. I have no idea what to expect in terms of reaction and sales, but you never know until you try right? Input, advise, criticism... I'd love to hear it all. I have a PDF spec sheet with all the construction info and specs for the available boards, so feel free to email me at info@logicsnowboards.com and I will send it to you. Thanks guys!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to Fin and this forum I don't want to get too much into it. Simply email me at info (at) logicsnowboards.com (Logic is the name of my factory here in Canada) for additional info. But to quickly answer your question, here's the breakdown:

Standard PreCured Construction: $795 CAN

Metal Construction: $995 CAN

Full Custom Boards: Start at $1395 CAN depending on what you are looking for.

Lead-time is usually around 4 weeks from the time of order and payment. Cheers!

With respect to Fin and this forum I don't want to get too much into it. Simply email me at info (at) logicsnowboards.com (Logic is the name of my factory here in Canada) for additional info. But to quickly answer your question, here's the breakdown:

Standard PreCured Construction: $795 CAN

Metal Construction: $995 CAN

Full Custom Boards: Start at $1395 CAN depending on what you are looking for.

Lead-time is usually around 4 weeks from the time of order and payment. Cheers!

hey, there's a sub forum for it, "vendor announcements" not sure if you need to ask or anything to use it but we'd all LOVE to see some pics and hear more about the boards

I'm gonna email you though.

There are two reasons for that. (1) I had to start somewhere and these were the sizes that I was being asked for the most. The focus on these boards is the contact length rather than the total length of the board...they ride much longer then they are. (2) The plan is to take the first five custom orders by waiving the custom charge...they get a fully custom board for way less and I get a new mold and shape to ad to my roster.

As for weight, I build these boards for 175 to 195lbs riders...which of course is totally customizable. Hopefully that answers your questions.

those are a bit short, need to make a 167 atleast
The focus on these boards is the contact length rather than the total length of the board...they ride much longer then they are.

DiveBomber, please try not to make assumptions. Things are changing, don't get obsessed with overall length.

Contact length is much more relevant than overall length. Rebecca and I have a custom metal 152 cm softy carver that has the same effective edge (132 cm) of a 172 Freeride / BX board with a normal nose and tail.

It sounds like Victory's boards are using a similar concept and I would expect a 167 BX of his design would be one very big board.

I guess we need one of each to try them out. :biggthump

Here are the stats from Oxess. A 159 has a 139 cm contact length. That is a significant contact length to overall length. The 151 is comparable to our 152 for contact length. I don't see a 168, but they might exist. I would not want anything over the 159 with these specs myself.

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber1" border="1" bordercolor="#bcbcbc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" width="19%"> BX151</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.51 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.32 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 10 - 9 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 245 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 520 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="19%"> BX159</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.59 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.39 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 11 - 9.5 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 254 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 540 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="19%"> BX151 Competition</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.59 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.32 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 11 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 242 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 520 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="19%"> BX155 Competition</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.55 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.36 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 11 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 245 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 540 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="19%"> BX159 Competition</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.59 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.39 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 12 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 258 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 540 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="19%"> BX163 / 12 Competition</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.63 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.43 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 12 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 261 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 550 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="19%"> BX163 / 14.5 Competition</td> <td align="center" width="10%"> boardercross</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.63 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 1.43 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 14.5 m</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 258 mm</td> <td align="center" width="11%"> 550 mm</td></tr></tbody></table>

well kesslers and oxess bx for big boys are 168, I the drawing from the pic they sent, nose isnt that stubbed

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Graham is on a 163 Kessler. Ross Powers is on 163 Oxess some with 12m radius some with 14m radius, depends on the course.

Pretty much all the Oxess guys are on 163's.

A 166 Kessler is a popular size. The 168's get busted out on super glidey courses like X-Games.

• 1 month later...

Must have missed this the first time around. What's the latest? Good luck Victory! :biggthump

Also I was surprised to see some very round looking noses and tails in the Olympics - Seth's board almost looked freestyle-ish. Or was I seeing things?

Buell, yeah, a 20cm difference in running length to overall length is very racy. That was Burton's standard formula on the Factory Prime for years. Neat.

> Ok this is naive question, I have never been on a SBX course, there are no SBX courses on any of my local board-ski resorts, so does one of Aspen's mountains have one for armatures to use and test your Victori equip ?

Being a specialized board for a highly specific course would it not be a waist of time to let carvers use them on public groom ? like handing out a bunch of high end motocross race bikes for demo so we can ride them on the freeway lol. ?:)