Note to New Members ×

How many snowboards do you currently own?

Guest Randy S.

How Many Snowboards Do You Own?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Snowboards Do You Own?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six or More

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty Seven.

Talk about an idiot. Hence the reason for the soon to be snowboard clearance. Seems like if there was one that looked like it might work, I'd buy it with the thought that someone else might be able to use it, plus the fact that I could buy pro-form. They just seemed to start stacking up.

This is the year to pare that down to a manageable number. I do board in Seattle area, and Duluth Mn. area, and I don't like to do the same thing all the time. (what a rationalization)

haha wow, great poll

As for me, there is a purpose for all of them (3)

One for the weekdays (Coiler 186)

One for smaller mountains/weekends (Donek 171)

and one for teaching/powder days/days with friends who go everywhere (Salomon 159 with softies soon to be replaced by Donek Incline 168 with the same bindings and boots as for carving)

So i've got a softy set up, a broken alpine board, and the one i just replaced it with, and if we're counting all of our boards i guess i should mention the fact that i've got about 10 pairs of skis, so you can add 20 to that 3 i mentioned. Guess i could explain the skis, the first 2 pair i can think of are for racing, both are volkl p40's, then i've got some old volants that i lend out to people i hate hahaha. then i still have the first pair of skis i ever skied on, and the last 6 pair were the type that you find at a ski swap for $5 that i bought and use for jumping since they seem to break so easily.

Originally posted by Chris

Osin 4807 168

Fish 156 HD

Hmm, if I was to buy a dedicated powder board, to be worn with either hard or soft boots (but maybe a slight preference for hard), that wouldn't be a total waste of time on the groomers (although that's not really a big issue), which of these two boards should I buy?

Usable:

Coiler 174 AM custom (daily driver)

CustomCraft 170 (rock board)

Unusable, future bench material:

Sims Search 171 (battered)

Nitro Diablo 178 (broken)

CustomCraft 170 (broken, replaced under warranty)

Coming real soon:

Coiler 174 AM (much narrower than the last one)

Happy Monkey 174.5 AM (in between the two Coilers)

Maybe next year:

Something 185ish

After next year's board arrives, I'll have enough. I think.

Freestyle: Neversummer Evo 155

Freeride: Donek Incline 155

Powder: Burton Fish 156MD

Alpine: Madd 170

I'm planning on eventually consolidating the freestyle and freeride boards into one. I originally (two years ago) only had a Salomon Definition, which was a great all-mountain freeride... but really tough in the park and in powder by the trees. I got the Neversummer for the park... and eventually sold the Definition to get the Incline... turns out neither of those two boards were that good in the powder, so I picked up a Fish on Ebay for 80% off. At the same time I got a Burton Ultraprime last season, which I sold to get a Madd 170 this season.

Usable:

'94 Asym Air 164/race plates (back up/rock board)

'00 Tanker 2K/Intec RS (da big gun)

Semi-usable:

'89 Gnu Race Room 178/Elfgen plates

Main ride

'99 Prior 4WD (delammed), replacement coming: AM172

I voted 4 as I don't actually have the AM in my grubby paws yet. If I rode in the east or had the chance for more days I'd pick up a pure freecarver or race board.

Guest boogieman

nidecker extreme 161 9,5m radius

Nidecker custom gs173 12m radius

Coiler Freecarve 178 10.5m radius

Coiler pure race 166 9.9m radius

Coiler freecarve 165 10.5m radius

i like rather hooky boards as you can see but

next year ill go for something with a 13m radius the thing is its a bit difficult to have good conditions to use those but i just love to go fast, hey i already did 360 km/h beat that!

but it wasnt on a snowboard ... and not in something with an engine in it...

what was it? 1 penny if you can guess how i did it lol

Ok, I've got 8 boards floating around the house, out of which 5 get ridden regularly.

3 of them belong in a Museum: Early 90's Craig Kelly "Mystery Air", mid 90's M5, and a late 90's Hauser Freeride. OK, there's a late 90's Hooger Tuned that belongs in a Museum also, but I still ride it.

My wife's little Airwalk Freeride board.

My Brother-in-law's old Nitro freestyle board that he doesn't ride anymore, so I threw an old pair of plates on it and use if for teaching now and then.

Rossi Levitation for teaching in softies.

Rossi WC 190 for chasing rhinos....

Originally posted by Baka Dasai

Hmm, if I was to buy a dedicated powder board, to be worn with either hard or soft boots (but maybe a slight preference for hard), that wouldn't be a total waste of time on the groomers (although that's not really a big issue), which of these two boards should I buy?

Well, the Fish is fun in trees. I used it with hard boots and Raichle Xbones which seemed a good fit. It washes out late in a turn on groomers. The 4807 I haven't ridden much yet, but I like it better overall. Did you look Bertin's new Malolo. Less taper, and better on hardpack they say. Of course it will be many more $$$. Jake's got a big ship to float.

...consists of 10!

K2 Dart 145 (second board, but first one that I linked turns with)

Burton Alp 151 (brand new,I'll never use...who wants it)

Hot Shine 154 (early/late season carver)

K2 Eldo 155 (current softie set-up)

Donek Incline 155 on order (to replace my beat up Eldo)

Volkl Renntiger 158SL (great condition w/ a Mike DeSantis tune:anyone interested?)

Madd 158 on order (to replace my Volkl)

G&S SQ 160 (first board ever, it was given to me to learn on)

Donek FCI 163 (my favorite board, unfortunatly needs to be retired)

Donek RC 167GS (p/u this one at the SES last year & haven't figured out this board yet)

I use the K2 Eldo & the Donek FC 163 the most!