Note to New Members ×

Days on Mountain 2009/2010

Cuban Carving Gooding

I was wondering . How many days will you ride in the 2009/2010 season? I'm not looking for a guess or hopeful numbers. Or this could be a better question. Tell me how many booked days you have and hopeful days or average days at home mountain. We all can hope four 100 days at your home mountain but be realistic. I know this question will make me hate where i live but I would like to see how I measure up.

I have 7 at Whitefish mountain MT and 23 in Tahoe. I might get 3 at my local mountain before my trips and 2 after. Its tuft to tell with the the weather forecast in the Midwest I might not get out at all. So at best I'm 35 days. I do have 30 days bought and paid for .

tentive schdule for 2009-2010.

I work as tour guide for a local ski shop. so all my day trips are free :)

just send out the check for the ski week and weekend trips(except ECES). ouch...

coiler soon to arrive.

been going to the gym all off seasons. after running interval for 4 miles then couple sets of 225lb squat. I question this addiciton...

man; is all these money/resource and time worth it? i sure hope so :)

oh and my toe nail have grow back finally lol!!!

might go for couple more whole weekend trip in Dec and Feb.

Ski Week:

Jay Peak

Aspen Snowmass

Jackshole

Stratton ECES!!!!

Whole weekend trip:

2x stratton

~ 10 Day trip: ~7-8 Hours on the bus....

various VT/NY mountain

Okemo

Stratton

Windham

Belleryre

Hunter

Mount Snow

Bromley

I live in Utah and have some sick trips planed.

Shred and I are going to hit Brandywime/Boston Mills. It should take about a week to see the entire mountain.

Then Of to Peak N Peak for some freash snow n steeps.

And then to top it off I think I am going to get in some big mountain riding at Holiday Valley, before heading back to Utah..

Seriously though,

Last year I was on snow six to seven days a week, unless I was travelling. This year I should only be out 5 or so days a week so what ever that works out to for a year. Plus kiting after AM sessions on the hill.

I need to move west so I can get some good numbers at good resorts.

I could go ride Alpine Valley every day after work. The very place Shred started teaching me (Yelling,beating)how to ride. Two days a week then Peak and peek on the weekends. Good times. Can I join your trip Bordy. Shred do you have room in BMW/VW its one of the W cars. I think I can handle Brandywine and Boston Mills.

Figure 3 days a week, midweek, you couldn't pay me to show up on a weekend, I wear full armour on uncrowded weekdays...

So that's twelve times a month for 4 months = 48 hmm

Truth is probably closer to 60 :)

I'm with Ursle, I stick mostly with midweek unless some of my friends who are not yet retired drag me out on a weekend. Probably 60 days +/- 10

Tis good to be retired.

I understand if you work on the mountain getting 50+ days should be no problems.

A decent moutain from me is 3+ hours one way.

If I burn all my vacation days + every weekends on the mountain. Which I did last year; I got about 40 days in. I did get hurt at end of the season; could have get couple more days in...

To those who get 50+ day in. I would love to hear on how you do it. Any tips? Quiting my job is just not the option now :(

Work for youself?

Extrmely Flexiable schdule?

How many of you are retire?

Guess moving closer to the mountain help?

Thanks

David

Here's how I usually get 50+ days with a full time job:

-live 20 minutes from resort that is open 6 months a year

-start on opening day, end on closing day

-ride both days most weekends plus most holidays

-save most of vacation time for winter and use it to ride

-few if any trips to other mountains (little time lost to travel)

-wife and daughter are just as into it as I am

-for good measure, a couple of riding days @ Mt Hood each summer

Last year I got 46 days despite losing 2 months of the season and change to injury. I normally reach 65 or 70. Two years ago I took a 3 month sabbatical and was hoping to crack 100 days but fell short - final tally was 89.

You'd think I would ride better, as often as I get out ;)

Here's how I usually get 50+ days with a full time job:

-live 20 minutes from resort that is open 6 months a year

-start on opening day, end on closing day

-ride both days most weekends plus most holidays

-save most of vacation time for winter and use it to ride

-few if any trips to other mountains (little time lost to travel)

-wife and daughter are just as into it as I am

-for good measure, a couple of riding days @ Mt Hood each summer

Last year I got 46 days despite losing 2 months of the season and change to injury. I normally reach 65 or 70. Two years ago I took a 3 month sabbatical and was hoping to crack 100 days but fell short - final tally was 89.

You'd think I would ride better, as often as I get out ;)

You sir, are one of my heroes. 50 plus days on the hill in the face of raising a family and having all of the attendant responsibilities. I raise a cold IPA in your general direction. Good luck to you.

Mark

Most likely 40-50 depending upon:

-how my Chemical Engineering classes treat me

-how crowded the slopes are

-how many pow days there are

-how persuasive my friends are

Thankfully I'm only 50min from Arapahoe Basin, and 1hr 15min from Vail (assuming minimal traffic from Golden).