Note to New Members ×

Everyone on the ban wagon?

bobdea

how is he to know if someone recieved the credit from prior already. it is up to the buyer to figure out warranty information.

Simple: Call Prior up and ask him. Or call/email the board's prior owner. Or both.

If the seller is offering a product as being eligible for some kind of warranty credit, then it is HIS responsibility for performing that research up front. All he has to do is call up Prior and check to see whether a credit has been issued for this particular board or not. It's just a simple phone call. It's one thing to say that it "may" be eligible ... another thing entirely to say that it "is". Making the claim that the board is eligible, without performing this check is a little bit opaque. The original post has been edited so I don't know what it said, but if he wrote that the board "is eligible" for a credit as opposed to "may be eligible" I'd have to agree with Bobdea. Either way, mentioning the credit without performing the simple legwork to see if it is legitimately there seems kinda shady to me.

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if Prior offers these sort of warranty credits to anyone but the original owner.

Yea the board has a crack in its top sheet.. He notified us of that and fully photographed it. He is not hiding that. what is the problem. can you only sell perfect items here. If i wanted a brand new board for 900 i would order it from prior. how is he to know if someone recieved the credit from prior already. it is up to the buyer to figure out warranty information.

I would like to purchase the board and do not want it banned for sale

what the hell

IF the price is right which it is

he claimed the board he was selling would be warranteed for a credit when it had already been done. he also said the board was fine and it was just cosmetic but the metal was cracked the metal is a structural component of the board. offering a manufacturers credit on a second hand board that is one broken and two the credit has already been used is pretty sleazy. the fact that THE BOARD IS BROKEN ANYWAY is almost secondary.

list it on ebay, get bad feedback like you already have there here's link to his feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bikepartsandmore&ftab=AllFeedback

better yet, list it on TGR. see what happens there when you list broken gear he'd never live it down. those people are ruthless, it's kinda awesome in regards to the people that should be on the short bus.

I don't think anyone should be banned.

One idea I have seen on other forums is a "pros only" area. When registering for the forum you select whether or not you are a professional in the industry. Anyone can read, only pros can post. Of course anyone can just say they are a pro, but they get weeded out pretty quick by both mods and the pros.

I realize that doing this here would mean re-registering people. And with the race area and vendor area already being seperate it further complicates. Logistically it may not work. Even if it did it's probably too much of a pain in the a$$ to do.

Just sayin'

I'm not really for banning people, especially not for communitty calling for it (linch). Only acceptable ban is for repetedly violating rules set by Fin.

There are always enough knowlegable, or those who think they are, to call the "offenders" out.

For the record, I did recieve a board that was in condition lesser then described from that particular seller. But then, I've recieved a boards not as described from 2 top racers, too. One was actually so bad that I had to return it. Should they be banned for it? No! My bad for not checking better. Words and perceptions are funny things, what seems obvious or good to someone, might be different for another person.

For the record, I did recieve a board that was in condition lesser then described from that particular seller. But then, I've recieved a boards not as described from 2 top racers, too. One was actually so bad that I had to return it. Should they be banned for it? No! My bad for not checking better. Words and perceptions are funny things, what seems obvious or good to someone, might be different for another person.

I think the system works pretty good as people are getting called out on sketchy sales so is banning really necessary unless someone is a repeat offender? Maybe a better way to go is after someone receives an item they purchased, they finish off the thread by providing a comment on whether everything that was received was as expected, or whether there were any issues. That way, if someone wants to buy something, they can search on the previous sales and pull up the closing post and see if the person has a good or bad history.

I think the system works pretty good as people are getting called out on sketchy sales so is banning really necessary unless someone is a repeat offender? Maybe a better way to go is after someone receives an item they purchased, they finish off the thread by providing a comment on whether everything that was received was as expected, or whether there were any issues. That way, if someone wants to buy something, they can search on the previous sales and pull up the closing post and see if the person has a good or bad history.

the problem with that is when threads are such that people get called out like when bordy called out divebomber on the his poor man's hangl plate the person who started the thread can delete it.

Many here get it. I have been following this site for a long time, but have only recently joined. There is a wealth of information here and it is truly great that a site like this exists so that everyone can share their opinion and learn new ones. Everyone should be entitled to post their opinion as we do live in a free country. As b0ardski and lonbordin stated, it is up to the reader to discern what is good advice and bad advice. That is the beauty of this web site. You can gather many opinions and with your own experience decide what works best for you, even if that is a combination of ideas. Censorship is wrong, and so is open and relentless bashing of someone. If you see a serious issue that could cause injury with someones advice point it out with tact, but there is no reason to turn a helpful site into a mud slinging forum. I am not trying to offend you bobdea or anyone else, but it is nice to read through informative material without having to filter out the other stuff. I think it is a shame that some have ignored you due to this disagreement as you do have other very informative posts.

As far as bad sellers I agree with either banning them from selling or, as sinecure stated, setting up a rating system so others can know what to expect.

Overall though I like to think of snowboarders as a group as good people whom try to help eachother as is evident by the many people on here willing to share great tips with someone less knowledgeable like myself.

Yea the board has a crack in its top sheet.. He notified us of that and fully photographed it. He is not hiding that. what is the problem. can you only sell perfect items here. If i wanted a brand new board for 900 i would order it from prior. how is he to know if someone recieved the credit from prior already. it is up to the buyer to figure out warranty information.

I would like to purchase the board and do not want it banned for sale

what the hell

IF the price is right which it is

I have been thinking about this board a lot, but have not motivated to say anything. I owned this board a couple of owners ago. WAS a great board! It is broken now. That should be obvious. $200 is not a reasonable price for a board that might not even make one more turn. I think binding into this thing and riding it is a horrible idea. :smashfrea

RkyMtn actually did something and called Prior:

FYI, I emailed Chris Clark at Prior and he confirmed my thinking that the titanal top sheet is a structural component of the board. He stated that a crack across the board is a structural failure and it should not be ridden.

"The titanal topsheet is a structural component of the board. If it gets

chipped along the edges it's not a huge deal. If you start to develop a full

hair-line crack across the width of the board it is a sign of structural

failure (caused by a big impact/crash)." -Chris Clark

Sorry to disappoint you, but better than a law suit.

:(