Note to New Members ×

What's this old board?

BlueB

When I was in school one of my classmates had a black snow. One of the models with the metal edges. He was a tiny little dude and his feet were so small we had to stick wooden blocks in the base of his bindings to strap his feet in securely enough. Little guy was a ripper though, he definitely defined the idea that the most important tool are the skills.

I had a black snow and drilled it under the bindings and mounted some indy 215's to it and used it to downhill with. Bindings on asphalt wasn't the best idea I'd ever had. It did work ok on sand dunes, the flex was way soft and there was little or no sidecut or camber. They could not be riden on east coast ice. There was also a freestyle modle that was neon green.

Ha, ha, "revolutionary Black Snow", sounds like one of those plastic boards you still find at the Canadian Tire and Wallmart...

I am interested in that Barfoot only from collector's point of view. I'll probably grab it, along with another Hooger, for my office wall. Thanks though, for your offer on K2, Dad.

One of many versions of the "Black Snow".

The "High End" of the line.

Funny to hear all the guys that either road them or knew of them.

The Barfoot is one of dozens of model Chuck produced.

Elfgin CX911 bindings with the "Dakine" covers and pads.

Value? Not allot, I would buy it here in town after inspection for 25-100$ depending on condition.

Next to Crazy Banana,I think Chuck made the most variations. I would have to look at mine , but I think it might be an "Evan Feen" pro models. Or one of his other pros.