Note to New Members ×

What are your "go-to" EDC boards

crucible

I know many of you have quivers large enough to equip a snowboard carving academy, but following Pareto's principal (80% of anything is done with 20% of your resources), what are the boards in your quivers that you use the most?

For me, out of the 12 boards in my quiver, 80% can be done with a Coiler 172AM, and a Prior 167 ATV. With these 2 boards, I'm confident that I can handle everything from powder, to chop, cascade cement, and breakable crust.

Next in line would be an Oxygen 164 Proton, and a Winterstick 164 Severe Terrain. These would be for ice, steep neve suncups, and glacier snow.

How 'bout you?

Geo

The 192 Tanker is my go to board for most of my riding. My split gets the nod for about 15% of my riding, some days even on-piste. What I need to do is buy something custom and shorter, then make it the go to for the majority of my riding. Possibly a custom ATV, 161 with a 10.5-11.0 sidecut and stiffer for plates.

Last season’s favorites are in my signature:

Stuf Accelerator 164 for H/B teaching, moguls, superpipe, switch;

Virus Vampire 175 for fast carving, bigger turns, medium pitches;

4807 178 for pow and chop, ok in bumps too;

Prior WCRM 173 for carving the steeps, EC, tighter turning, ice;

Elan Vertigo 168 for S/B teaching, S/B carving and A/M fooling, good in pow too.

I guess I could get away with 4 only – Vampire and WCRM kinda overlap a bit, but hey, with 40+ boards in the quiver I should be allowed go-to 8 boards ;)

Geo, what is EDC? Every Day Carver?

EDC may refer to:

Every Day Carver

Electric Daisy Carnival

Expected date of confinement, the due date for a pregnancy

Export Distribution Center

Empezar Desde Cero, a 2007 RBD album

Electronic Damper Control

Electronic data capture

Electronic Diesel Control

Etienne de Crécy

Eurovision Dance Contest

European Drift Championship

European Documentation Centre

East Devon College

Everyday carry

Bsquared for everyday fun riding, I ride it almost every where and often its the only board I travel with! SG 162 redbull for coaching and chasing athletes around, Prior 183 PGS for the thing with the panels, And Chris was nice enough to toss a proto spearhead with rocker my way that I rode anytime there was deep stuff, then of course theres a 200 tanker in my car almost always, for kiting and big fast days there is some freash. Ok there is one more I love riding the silly good 200 at mountains that have the terrain to do so! mmmmmm Silly Good 200cm of metal new school love!

:biggthump

My Prior ATV 171 has been true to me all of last season. I added the Madd 170 to my quiver towards the end of the season. It's a great board to carve when conditions are just right but I think I had more fun days on the ATV.

197 Burner, 156 Fish 167 Torque and what ever I can steal from Ice or the Bomber house of toys and occasionally All Board Sports. Last year wasnt bad, I got my hands on at least 40 boards. Its great being able to spend quality time on so many different decks. My favorite and most used this last season was defiately my Burner. Oh cant forget to mention Billys stash, rode most of them and the Silly Good is bad ass. It is an increbible large board for large resorts with football fields of space, unreal how comforatble that board is going 100mph, ride one if you get the opportunity.

That would be my .45acp Springfield! And my folding CRKT, and my Surefire light....

Hell yeah! :biggthump

All jokes aside

80% can be done with my carver;

Oxygen Proton 168

and my all-mountain/chop;

Burton Coil 173.

and for those powder days;

O-Sin 3800 169

O/T

First I've heard of Abel's work in a while, can't wait for ride pics. There was a thread right when I joined that I followed, I consequently coveted Diablos for a while! :lol:

Not sure what you mean?

can't wait for ride pics
Photos of folks riding "Diablo Composites" ?? Eric's (the other half of DC) email is on the site.

Perhaps Search on Diablo Composites

Then jump in on one of those threads. I am sure everyone will be happy to answer questions and make comments.

My EDC is a 65 R17 by Burton...

Will go anywhere, when I'm riding with anyone....except in deep powder(don't ask).

In the bag with it, a 171 FC Coiler, or the 177 wcr Prior.

Carver's only boards...Don't go to Vail with your skier friends on these(another don't ask..).

The "niche" boards...Madd 158 for Southern VT January days, and a 65 Fish for those elusive powder days..

everyday everything; 168 Madd BX

-1 foot of fresh; 173 Identity

+1 foot of fresh; 186 Lib Grocer

spring b/c; 165 Nidecker Escape

Twintip alpine custom +/-190 when the economy recovers

skis

186 atomic twintip w/24m s/c radius on the way

(usually do slaloms)

For me that's a close call between my Coiler Classic 177 (14.2 sidecut, titanal of course) and the Monster 182 (14/15 sidceut). The C177 if the snow is on the firmer half of the spectrum and the Monster otherwise. Actually for the iciest of icy I might go with the Monster as well due to the "Save your tail Tail". Not sure on that yet.

Both boards are grippy and have the right balance of forgiving and fun, the C177 has for me the best flex I have ever been on and the M182 doubles as an AM board in non-carvy snow.

I suspect the C177 gets displaced by something with a more modern shape (i.e., something Bordy and Bola would approve of) within the next two years. Kessler/SG GS shapes are IMHO overkill for freecarving. Even my Coiler NSR 185 is a little toned down (tail not as straight) compared to the Kessler/SG GS's and this makes a difference as the NSR comes around nicely on all by the flattest of runs; those straighter pure GS tails (I've ridden a Kessler, plus a Coiler NSR 187 that didn't come around as much as I like). I did play with (and may again play with, on better snow) Bruces's VSR 177 proto; the flex on my C177 is just so dialed that I like it better despite being a "so 2006" shape. (But I suspect future VSR's of a similar shape will have me singing a different tune ;) )

Every summer this type of post is posted, and every time it is I love readings the responses.

My favorite everyday board was my Virus titinal Berserker (185). That is probably too narrow for some folk's liking, but I loved it.

Right now, my Donek FC1 (185) is my go-to everyday board, but my Kessler (185) makes it out almost as much now that I've gotten used to it.