Note to New Members ×

first there was a summerstick and then

carvingchef

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slotted drop though makes good sense. the end bit of wood on a regular cutout often gets broken anyways. rayne slots the drop killswitch:
you are right

i didn't know about the killswitch until yesterday, right after i showed my son the original NADD he tells me that Rayne makes the killswitch with the slotted front mount, not sure if you can actually slide the Randall truck in the killswitch or you still have to take them apart, anyway, i'm making a couple more boards like that but no long nose or tail, just enough wood to mount the trucks

you are right

i didn't know about the killswitch until yesterday, right after i showed my son the original NADD he tells me that Rayne makes the killswitch with the slotted front mount, not sure if you can actually slide the Randall truck in the killswitch or you still have to take them apart, anyway, i'm making a couple more boards like that but no long nose or tail, just enough wood to mount the trucks

I believe the Killswitch is slotted for Aera's (Kevin Rimer's Precision Truck company)

SC8, from France, used to do the slot/dropmount a long time ago.

DSC03169.jpg

You can't 'slide' the randals in because of the 'wings' on the baseplate.

Only paris, indy, and any trucks that have a base without any extra edges or anything would work to actually slide in the mount.

I know. I was just stating that the slot thingy has been going on for a while. ;)

I might even add the main reason that type of mount (or better said, board shape) was "invented" was to avoid smashing and delaminating the fragile tips of drop-through boards when hitting a curb, and not to slide the trucks in. The baseplate and hardware take the blunt of the shock, which is not necessarily a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Hi Mig

when i thought of the NADD i was thinking that probably it has been done before i just had not seen it before and my idea was just out of total laziness and not wanting to remove the hangers to mount the trucks, that's why i made it so that it would only work with trucks you can actually slide in, i'm already working on another one that will have bumpers on both ends for those close encounters with the curb

on another note, i 'm honored that the man behind FULLBAG SKATEBOARD is taking the time to post on this thread

the "ROAD RAGE"

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> based on the NADD but the idea was to have a relatively long wheel base with a relatively not so long total length

Total length 35.5 inches, wheelbase 29 inches (inner hole to inner hole) width 9 inches and just enough flex to have fun

ROADRAGEcopy4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i liked the shape of Julian's ROAD RAGE so i made one for myself and because they are very similar the name ROAD RAGE is going to stick with this shape

total length 40 inches, wheel base 32 inches (inner hole to inner hole) with concave (thanks Boris for the tip on how to) a little bit of camber and an extra layer of coolness at the bottom, paris 180 and freeride wheels

we took it for a test ride around the block this morning and it's surprisingly very easy to pump and keep going and going

ANDREAROADRAGEcopy2.jpg

base detail

DSC_5648copy2.jpg

mount detail

DSC_5652copy.jpg

concave detail

DSC_5651copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
actually they are all functional but some ride better than others and some were made more for show than performance

Andrea/Julian,

I love the boards! I love the form but live for function. I am interested in a custom liquor store transport. You already know I want a quiver killer snowboard. I need the same out of a skate deck. I am not looking to replace my park/bowl board but want the one I can bomb a hill, surf the sidewalk and weave turns with. Need ideas/input/expertise/total creative freedom and a price. Hook your favorite softboot carver up!

• 3 months later...