Note to New Members ×

first there was a summerstick and then

carvingchef

You are a crazy genius, Andrea! Dr Evil himself!

I think that you need to switch the trucks around. The "blade" setup is tipy, but it would basicaly want to keep the line all the time, while the turny tail would want to run away downhill from you...

Keep us posted how the thing rode for you!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you need to switch the trucks around. The "blade" setup is tipy, but it would basicaly want to keep the line all the time, while the turny tail would want to run away downhill from you...
you are probably right about that, we are going to have to play with it and find out and if it doesn't work there is always the possibility of hybrid #2

P.S. i think you are going to like the next one, i will have pictures later today

last night i went with mi son to our favorite parking structure and we tried the hybrid, it's different ride for sure

we changed the seismic right away because it wasn't turning at all after we put paris 150 on it it was much better (still a weird ride though) you have to go slow and get a feeling for it and when you get used to it you can actually ride it, we tried riding it with the truck on front and inlines on the back but it wasn't turning, the board was tilting but still going straight so we stuck with the original design and went for it, balance and foot stance are very important on that thing and it makes all the difference, you have to ride it on the back with your rear foot close to the rear wheels and you have to know the limit of tilting it, if you tilt it too much the outside wheel during the turn will come off the floor and you could fall or loose traction but if you know the limit and stay with it it's very rideable, we'll try different trucks and wheels combination to see what works better, funny thing was that after you ride the hybrid for a while and get used to it then you go back to a normal longboard it feels weird at first just because they behave so different, we'll have video next time we go

Sounds interesting!

Hey, that Burner is calling for the truck setup with propper thing in front and then 2 independent inline skate trucks on the tails, so they can flex idependently like on the real Burner! You might need to reinforce the end of the split, somehow...

i honestly wasn't planning on riding it with bindings hard or soft, i don't think i want my feet to be locked on a longboard and it would be hard if not impossible to push but if you are only going downhill i guess it's okay, i put the holes there because i could and to make it more unique, if you want to try it with bindings let me know when you want to ride together again and i'll bring it

• 3 weeks later...

here is the latest # 14 the P J 5 O

before you start with questions and comments it's got nothing to do with Burton, here is how the name came up

this board is for a friend of mine named Giuseppe, Pepe is one of the many short name for Giuseppe, this board is is going to be Pepe Joyride and is 50 inches long so the name is P J FIVE O or P J 5 O

PJ50COPY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

the snowboarding season isn't over yet but it's always longboarding season in sunny California so here is my first attempt at L.D.P

THELDP.jpg

and here is the BULLWINGS SLALOM

the rightful owner will add his own trucks and wheels and finish it, please post pictures when you are done

DSCF4359copy.jpg

DSCF4366copy.jpg

:eek:

You top yourself every time Andrea! Except of course the Asym Special, that board is the best ever. It took me to school today because my regularly scheduled slalom board had a bearing problem.

Next is a tan tien ;)

How many people asked you questions about the asym?

It's about 10-15 people a day ask something like "Dude wtf is that?!"

My answer is honest...

It's a custom model made by a small builder in LA that makes less than 100 decks a year. The deck is named after me so I got one for free.

I only ride it once in a blue moon. Honestly, I don't like riding it because I'm afraid the black paint on the edges will get dinged up.

the snowboarding season isn't over yet but it's always longboarding season in sunny California so here is my first attempt at L.D.P

THELDP.jpg

Hey Andrea, how you've achieved the slight camber? Just propped the ends of the up-side-down deck and weighed the centre until the glue between 2 layers cured?

Or the "camber" is just the camera?

W/base length? Truck/wheel setup?

Looking forward to your new mad creations!

and here it is, the FULL SYSTEM

with inserts (holes actually) to mount soft-boot bindings or hard-boots bindings, it's not called full system for no reason

FULLSYSTEMcopy5.jpg

SOFTHARDcopy4.jpg

So, anybody get up the courage to try it strapped/booted in, yet???

It's too bad asphalt isn't as soft as powder....LOL. Although, I must say, I've bitten it plenty of times on blue-ice boiler-plate, and that isn't too much softer than asphalt!! I think ice is still probably better to fall on, because of the sliding factor. I wiped out on an icy corner racing my roadbike (bicycle, not moto), and just glided on my thigh...didn't get hurt at all. The next spring I wiped out on that SAME tight corner, no ice this time, to no good effect at all. Can you say 'road-kill'??

The worst burns I ever got, though were from grass-skiing in shorts and a tee-shirt. Never thought grass-burns could hurt sooo much.

NICE boards, BTW!!!! I like that SPIRIT! If you can't find it in a store...MAKE it! I end up doing that a lot.

Hey Andrea, how you've achieved the slight camber? Just propped the ends of the up-side-down deck and weighed the centre until the glue between 2 layers cured?

Or the "camber" is just the camera?

good guess Boris, it is cambered, first i drilled the holes on the bottom wood strip then i put the deck upside down with wood blocks under the tip and tail, then i lined up the wood strip in the center and put weights in the middle and then i drilled the holes through the deck while it was bended so that when it was time to glue them together i did the same thing with the weight and put the screws in the holes so i knew everything was lined up straight, for the next board i'm going to use 1/4 inch wood and sandwich them together with fiberglass in the middle and let it cure with weights on it to give it some camber, hope it works as planned
W/base length? Truck/wheel setup?
wheel base 29.5 or 32

rear truck Seismic 180 stable (30 degree)

front truck Bennet vector 6.0 (need to change the bushings)

wheels Sasquatch 70 mm. 75a

i had time to make it but not much time to try to ride it

When I started laminating, I opened up a whole new garbage can of failed possibilities. :(
every time you try something new you open up a can of possible failures but when it works it's a good feeling

here is the latest one, Julian TAMBIEN

with camber and concave, thanks to the foam pads

juliantanbiencopy2.jpg

The finished product. It's awesome for pumping - I can do endless pumping laps in my driveway. Current setup below is using the outer most inserts. WB is 24" from inner hole to inner hole.

Bennett 5.0 up front and Seismic stable turn 30* with 130mm hanger in the back. I haven't tried running cones just yet, but soon.

It's not the best looking board with the foam pads and stuff, but it's definitely functional.

97qmx3.jpg

2ni45sz.jpg

358vzg0.jpg

dfcb5w.jpg