Note to New Members ×

first there was a summerstick and then

carvingchef

Well it might of looked better if you didn't use scrap pieces of grip! :p

Albert, you'd like the new board.

The flex would be perfect for you, as its a tad (very very very slight) soft for me.

And Andrea has a new slalom idea for you/me.

With sandwich construction.

What bushings would you recommend for a Bennett 6.0 for LDP?

I set my dad up with an Orange Khiro barrel on bottom and blue bitch on top.

I'm thinking of putting an hourglass bushing on bottom (the one from the holeys)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it might of looked better if you didn't use scrap pieces of grip! :p
i was trying to conserve the grip tape... haha, that and I didn't want to cover the extra mounting hole options that your dad drilled for me - goes all the way down to 19" WB and everything in between up to 24"

What bushings would you recommend for a Bennett 6.0 for LDP?

I set my dad up with an Orange Khiro barrel on bottom and blue bitch on top.

I'm thinking of putting an hourglass bushing on bottom (the one from the holeys)

Your dad is a bit heavier than I am, so that combo doesn't sound so bad. My current LDP has a blue venom eliminator on top and a white khiro barrel on the bottom (or an orange venom cone).

Depending on what bushings you have, your dad could probably do a blue barrel up top and an orange khiro barrel+cone down on the bottom.

The 6.0 take a little bit more effort to pump, so if you're dad isn't used to pumping yet, you could just do a bunch of oranges top and bottom and make it super turny and loose. It'll be easier to get the rhythm and motion of pumping down - then stiffen it up from there if he wants more stability/less squirreliness.

• 5 weeks later...

the Bullwings Slalom 2 & 3

the original was a little soft so number 2 is stiff and number 3 it's stiffer

very similar to the original but slightly longer with a a little longer wheelbase and rocker as requested

Albert try them both and keep the one you like better

DSCF4426.jpg

DSCF4440.jpg

DSCF4448.jpg

DSCF4455.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry JuLian, it seems that I type your name sometimes with 2, sometimes with 1 L. Won't happen again...

Of course Rogantini is the most logical name for the company. Just, ChefArc makes me chucle, as I named your products that way, in my mind, when I became your 1st "pro" rider. In some European countries "chefarca" (spelling?) stands for letle (large soup-dishing spoon).

My small contribution to builders' tread...

WoodAl had it's maiden ride today, in HS course!

I concieved this as a hybrid of an LDP board and Slalom board that can handle variatey of courses (multiple wheel bases).

Specs:

L 33, W 9.25, WB 19, 20.25, 21.5, 22.75, 11-ply Baltic Birch

Current setup:

21.5 WB, 129 Kryptonics with changed rear base plate, 13/-13 wedges, BigZigs

post-1678-141842317115_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842317117_thumb.jpg

post-1678-14184231712_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

The black stripes are the grip tape.

It would eventually have some 70mm wheels. I just had the BigZigs lying around and set it with that. Was getting a bit of wheel bite until I diled in the setup. BigZ will probably end up on the Vampire.

I have a bunch of trucks on the way... Randals 125s with 50, 42 and 35 bases, Bennett 4.3 and Sismic 130/30. Might grab a pair of Bennetts 5.0 too...

In the mean time, I used what I had handy. Mind you, this combo of base plates (have another pair with different hangers on Vampire) turn really well. Actually better then much narrower RTS/TRX that I have on the slalom board (considered the wheel base). I was able to get the Vamp (27" wheelbase, 139 hangers) through a short course spaced at 7' with close to 1' offsets. I'll post a video later. As well as a vid of the WoodAl in the real HS course.

Homebuilt too many years ago from laminated marine plywood, Dynel sheathing cloth and epoxy. Trucks are 1977 vintage Trackers with Road Rider 4s. Deck grip is wet & dry sandpaper 60 grade available form your local hardware store.

SunSurfer

post-7136-141842317186_thumb.jpg

post-7136-141842317188_thumb.jpg