Note to New Members ×

first there was a summerstick and then

carvingchef

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I know it's not hard... It's the time factor and how often I would ride the bloody thing.

The board I have is courtesy of Doug the "Tenorman" who showed up on my doorstep with his spare longboard. He just decided that I should have it. Thanks again buddy! Now I have to try and not kill myself after 25 years break in my skateboarding career ;)

It's a Surfride deck 96cm long, with Lucky trucks about 20cm wide overall. I have no clue what are the wheeels, but they are 66mm diam, and I kinda remember that Doug said they were 83 durometer...

My baby son rides this board more often then I do, but Dady tries too! As the matter of fact, I already can pump it on flat a bit and do a low compressed sharp carves on very mild slopes. Hardest part for me is to remember that I have no bindings so I can't lean aggresivelly into it at low speed and survive...

Outstanding!

Now I want to go ripp the trucks of my old longboard and build a new deck for myself!

Boris- If your son is anything like my 3 year old nephew, you will quickly find many dents in the dry wall an inch or two (but always the same height) above the baseboards in your house as soon as he sees a role model on a skateboard!

Oops, you replied right when I did.

If you're feeling feisty, grab some 1 to 1.5 inch diameter round stock of any solid material and cut it down to about an inch high. If you have a lathe, you can also turn it and give it an hourglass shape biased heavily to the bottom so it has a wide footprint and gives you a little toe lift. Figure out where your toe is comfy, and drill out the board and screw it in! Instant toe stop to give you a bit more comfort.

My baby son rides this board more often then I do, but Dady tries too! As the matter of fact, I already can pump it on flat a bit and do a low compressed sharp carves on very mild slopes. Hardest part for me is to remember that I have no bindings so I can't lean aggresivelly into it at low speed and survive...

Just finished making sliding gloves.

Its a whole other world of longboarding once you know you wont tear the skin off of your hands.

don't you just love parking garages?

don't you just love parking garages?

Yeah, they're great, when you're not getting kicked out of them by the cops or security or running away when you see them coming...

-It's like, park at the bottom floor, then go to the top and board down the floors.

-As you're at the top floor, security comes.

-Skate as fast as possible to the stair well and book it

-Run down stairs into truck

-OR, fly past security truck driving UP while you're going down and beat him to your get away vehicle.

-Burn rubber as you drive away...

One security guard almost killed me by cutting me off and turning right in front of me to get me to stop... Stupid douche bag - I don't have brakes on the thing like a bike, and foot braking is still kind of sketch for me sometimes. So, i did a hard carve right around his SUV. He could have just yelled out his window and told me to leave, which is what I do. I don't argue with them.

One security guard almost killed me by cutting me off and turning right in front of me to get me to stop... Stupid douche bag - I don't have brakes on the thing like a bike, and foot braking is still kind of sketch for me sometimes. So, i did a hard carve right around his SUV. He could have just yelled out his window and told me to leave, which is what I do. I don't argue with them.

Ayee.

Obviously you're fine now though. :D

Just had a nice little street carving session.

I'm more sore than after a full day of snowboarding.

I've only been gone for an hour.

How does that happen? :freak3:

Just had a nice little street carving session.

I'm more sore than after a full day of snowboarding.

I've only been gone for an hour.

How does that happen? :freak3:

Muscles you don't normally use?

Also, one of the things when snowboarding, especially when in groups like when we go, is there's a decent amount of stopping and waiting and watching, so while you still push yourself -it's for very short bursts. That said, I learn a lot more riding with the vast multitude of guys who are better than us like Erwin, Aaron, Kerry, your dad, and a number of other guys who I might have missed.

Still, the days that I get the most tired and sore from, are the very FIRST day of the season, and weekdays when I ride completely solo. Legs and lungs burning all the way from the top of Summit Express to the bottom. Easy to get 30+ runs (I need to start counting the number of turns... hehe :biggthump) in from 8:30 to 1pm.

Muscles you don't normally use?

Also, one of the things when snowboarding, especially when in groups like when we go, is there's a decent amount of stopping and waiting and watching, so while you still push yourself -it's for very short bursts. That said, I learn a lot more riding with the vast multitude of guys who are better than us like Erwin, Aaron, Kerry, your dad, and a number of other guys who I might have missed.

Still, the days that I get the most tired and sore from, are the very FIRST day of the season, and weekdays when I ride completely solo. Legs and lungs burning all the way from the top of Summit Express to the bottom. Easy to get 30+ runs (I need to start counting the number of turns... hehe :biggthump) in from 8:30 to 1pm.

You also missed Loc and Richard at JPMCS.

and you missed the ASSESS event which i think had a few more.

Yeah, and also you sit on the chair for 5 minutes give or take.

And sometimes im the designated camera man.

Of course my dad being injured gave him the position. :biggthump

It's definitely better to ride with people like Erwin and Kerry (I'd say i watch them over anyone)

Aaron too.

Although he went to the dark side... damn skiers. :AR15firin

Hey, don't you have a Landyatchs Evo?

How do you like it?

Theo, take a look at this, skysurfing board on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/TS-Skysurf-board_W0QQitemZ130322263887QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e57cfef4f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

they even have a link to the site, if you click on this link there are a bunch of pictures of different people doing different things

http://www.ts-skyboards.com/pictures.htm

and if you look at Carl Nespoli photo 2nd from the left

http://www.ts-skyboards.com/images/cloudski.jpg

i took that photo about 10 years ago and i had no idea it was on this site because i didn't know this site even existed

It's definitely better to ride with people like Erwin and Kerry (I'd say i watch them over anyone)

Aaron too.

Hey, don't you have a Landyatchs Evo?

How do you like it?

I also forgot George, and I do remember Richard, but I never did run into Loc.

As for skiers, I've been thinking of joining the group... On a monoski from Coda boards. That said, I have too many toys, and hopefully I still have a Coiler on the way - I haven't gotten into contact with Bruce since around April or May, I should send him an email to make sure things are still on track. Anyway, no skis for now, but if i do go back, it's definitely on a monoski either from Coda or Donek.

Nope, no Landyachtz Evo. I have a Mummy, a Loaded Vanguard, and a Subsonic Century 38. They're all nice, except, I don't really care much for the Loaded anymore. I've been thinking about selling it for a while. I ride the Mummy and the Century 38 quite a bit more. The Century 38 needs some modding - I got a prototype model from Scott, and he's since made one major change that I wish my board had (time to bust out a hand saw or jigzaw cutter).

Nope, no Landyachtz Evo. I have a Mummy, a Loaded Vanguard, and a Subsonic Century 38. They're all nice, except, I don't really care much for the Loaded anymore. I've been thinking about selling it for a while. I ride the Mummy and the Century 38 quite a bit more. The Century 38 needs some modding - I got a prototype model from Scott, and he's since made one major change that I wish my board had (time to bust out a hand saw or jigzaw cutter).

Whats the flex and how much would you ask for?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRHEm7m9ns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRHEm7m9ns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Nothing darkside about skis at all. To be honest, the only technical advantages we have over skiers are more rotational leverage, the inability to catch a tip in the trees, and the fact that we don't always have half of our bodies in the way. Otherwise, skis really are better!

Can't say I'd ever be caught on a monoski though.

Whats the flex and how much would you ask for?

It's a flex 4. I was thinking of selling it for around $90 deck only.

I can use that to pay for some retro freerides and maybe one truck, but most likely just a set of wheels.

Nice sliding vid.

This coming from a swimming expert that's never been in a pool... hehe

You need a little bit more speed, but before that, pick up some knee pads and a helmet...

You need a little bit more speed, but before that, pick up some knee pads and a helmet...

I have knee pads and definitely should wear them, my right knee is kinda chewed.

definitely need more speed and im still getting a feel for it.

i went out after i did the video and had a few sessions.

getting better and better slides in, until i get tired.

im getting some full 180's and coming out riding.

flex 4?

so its the shorter 38" deck right?

whats the flex meant up to?

Aaron too.

Hey, I haven't gone all the way to the darkside yet. I do still own carving equipment!! Once I sell that off then I am a full fledged darkie, until then, I am still a hardbooter!:):)

BTW, what happened to the hair??

flex 4?

so its the shorter 38" deck right?

whats the flex meant up to?

120-170 Lbs. as per the loaded longboards web site. That's a general guide, i'm sure an extra 10-15 pounds wouldn't hurt. It actually says 170+, however, that being said, I wouldn't ride it if i was over 190 pounds.

BTW, what happened to the hair??

Wouldn't you like to know? ;)

All jokes aside, yes, I got a haircut.

All though it looks a lot better when the wind isn't parting it down the middle. :freak3:

Albert, if you find someone else who wants the board, go for it.

If not, i might want it a little later in the year.

Depends on my budget for the Coiler.

there are so many twintip boards out there so i decided to make myself a TWINTAIL and here it is

twintiailtriocopy.jpg

for those who care

total lenght 50.5 inches

wheelbase 38 inches

trucks randall R-II 180

wheels 3DM avila 75 mm. 72a hardness 65mm. wide

i did'nt try it yet but i have a feeling it should be a good carving board and as much as i like the clean look of the wood i needed to have some grip tape on it and it completely changed the look