Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard Teams

MJB

Sounds good to me. I am pretty frustrated that every official mountain based team is only up to 18 years of age. What, my money isn't good?! I am a late comer (relatively, I guess. I am 26) to hardbooting, and want to progress as fast as possible. Obviously a team is the best way to do that. I was thinking about trying to set something up at Blue Hills or Nashoba. SKi Ward works as well, although its a little further out.

Too bad you aren't out in our area. Chris Karol's FAST team is setting up to work with riders aged 10 thru masters. If you're looking for a vacation plan, check us next winter. http://fastsnowboarding.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be in the PBR next December. Show up at 7:30am, with your hardhat and lunch pail and we'll take it from there. Listen, spoke when spoken too and you'll be ripping by April. Tuition for the "knock you down then build you back up" program will be 8 bud lights per Saturday. We guarantee result !

Rules:

Don't dress like a retard (gleb rule)

No ego's (T32 members only can strut)

7:30am de briefing Saturday in the PBR

Gfy and we'll see you in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Loup Snowboard Team

@ Loup Loup Ski Hill

in North central Washington [state]

Last year was first, had 8 boys ages 7-14. We went to one GS race and hosted one. Big hit so far and will be growing next year, already have more kids and some adults who want to be on the team for next season.

Focus is carving, gates, and free-riding. Hoping to get some BX going in the future.

We will be hosting a GS race this winter, might be the only one in the state????

Contact info

Coach Gene Shull

Can be reached at loupsnowboardteam@gmail.com or 509 997 0359

http://www.skitheloup.com/activities_and_events/snowboard_team/

• 4 months later...

time to resurrect this thread. Want to make sure this is updated with what is currently available for young racers to get involved in racing in the US, Canada and Internationally.

Please add a current team, or update the coach or contact info.

• 2 weeks later...

Just putting the finishing touches on the " LMMRP "Loon Mtn Masters race program tomorrow. I guess i passed the background check :eek: what probably threw them off my scent was that I was a suitcase from 1996 thru 2005.

I will have the excact details panned out after the weekend. Pass holders can join the club for around a couple hundred dollars, which is what we were hopig for. Training will be every saturday and sunday morning from 8am -12pm. Break for lunch and then freeride in the afternoon. Drop-ins are welcome, working that out also.

Check in with us at the romper room thread if you want to stop by, the NH,VT, ME rideboard.

Team 32 is working to put together a Master Racing program for next season. We are working out our options now and hope to have some details available soon.

Just putting the finishing touches on the " LMMRP "Loon Mtn Masters race program tomorrow. I guess i passed the background check :eek: what probably threw them off my scent was that I was a suitcase from 1996 thru 2005.QUOTE]

Does this mean that you will be coaching? And are you going to be racing that new Kessla as well? Let me know when you will be coming to CO again.

Ink

• 1 year later...

Hope everyone is getting stoked about the upcoming winter. Just had a great month at Mt. Hutt in New Zealand with the team.

I would like to know what new teams, or changes there are around the world this season. Help me with team names, and the main coach(es) in the program.

Not national teams, just programs open to young riders that want to get into racing

Canada

Team CSC (Calgary, AB) Matt Haines (follows FIS/USASA/PROVINCIAL)

Canadian Snowboard Institute (Calgary, Ab) Emily Dee (follows Nor-Am)

Alpine (Alpine ski club, Ontario)

NSST (Vancouver BC) - Pan Fi Re

Ontario club (Collingwood, Ont) Mike Towers (NAC/USASA/PROVINCIAL

Tremblant Ski/Snowboard Club (Tremblant, Que) - Pat Gaudet (NAC/FIS/PROVINCIAL)

Oshawa Lowriders (Oshawa, Ontario) - Rob Cox

Beaver Valley (Beaver Valley, Ont) - Cam Farrell

Mont Blanc (Montreal, Que) - Pierre Dupont

Nova Scotia team (Martoch, NS) Kristin D'eon (PROVINCIAL)

United States

Steamboat (Steamboat Springs, Co) Head Coach: Thedo Remmelink

FAST (Park City, Utah) - Chris Karol (follows NAC/USASA)

Loup (Loup Loup, Wa) - Gene Shull

Squaw (Truckee, Ca) - Mort Nyberg

Roundtop racing club (Pennsylvania) - Neil Sunday

Holderness (Plymouth, NH): ?

Waterville Valley (Waterville, NH) - Pete Thorndike

Zero G ( Mass) - Noah Cermak

G team (Hyland Hills, Minn)- Jessica Zalusky (team director)

Stratton team (Stratton, Vt) - Al Messler

Holimont (Ellicottville, NY): ?

Japan

Japan Factory (1 hour north of Tokyo) - Koji Sasaki

GSS snowboard team (Japan) - Akira Matsuzato

Europe

Team FIST (Scuol, Sui) - Rene Hurlmann

Korea

??

Thats Alpine resort in Ontario that Derek is helping out with. Pretty stoked he's around again. He had a great program 10 years ago, and its showing in the Alpine team again, now strong the team is so quickly. Jonah and Danielle are a big part of that team too. Danielle will be the NorAm coach this season, with Jonah and Derek helping out more locally.

Thanks for the shout-out Arne! We have a 2 day/week program that I have been coaching since 2003. Here is a link to our website: http://emsc.lertprograms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=69

For anyone interested, please email me with any questions and I will try and get right back to you. My personal email is mattdrinker@hotmail.com

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from New England interested in informal gate training? Plan on visiting Okemo this winter. On most weekends I set dual GS NASTAR courses - one with traditional ski gates and one with stubbies. Make unlimited runs for $12 plus lift ticket.

I'm psyched to kick off the new season!