Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard Teams

MJB

This thread is to share information regarding competitive alpine snowboard teams. To make the teams more accesible to those interested in racing or following racing.

Alpine Snowboard Teams

Add your club or non-national team information to this thread.

See individual postings in thread for specific team info.

Canada

Team CSC (Calgary, AB) - Dylan Riley / Matt Haines (follows FIS/USASA/PROVINCIAL)

NSST (Vancouver BC) - Pan Fi Re

Ontario club (Collingwood, Ont) - Program Director: Dave Balne / Head Coach: Mike Towers (NAC/USASA/PROVINCIAL

Tremblant Ski/Snowboard Club (Tremblant, Que) - Pat Gaudet (NAC/FIS/PROVINCIAL)

Oshawa Lowriders (Oshawa, Ontario) - Rob Cox

Beaver Valley (Beaver Valley, Ont) - Cam Farrell

Mont Blanc (Montreal, Que) - Pierre Dupont

Nova Scotia team (Martoch, NS) - Kristin D'eon (PROVINCIAL)

United States

Steamboat (Steamboat Springs, Co) - Program Director: Jon Casson Head Coach: Thedo Remmelink / Ass't coach: Josh Banks (follows NAC/USASA)

FAST (Park City, Utah) - Chris Karol (follows NAC/USASA)

Eldora (Eldora, Co) - Matt Drinker

Loup (Loup Loup, Wa) - Gene Shull

Squaw (Truckee, Ca) - Mort Nyberg

Roundtop racing club (Pennsylvania) - Neil Sunday

Holderness (Plymouth, NH) -Sean

Waterville Valley (Waterville, NH) - Pete Thorndike

Zero G ( Mass) - Noah Cermak

G team (Hyland Hills, Minn)- Jessica Zalusky (team director)

Stratton team (Stratton, Vt) - Al Messler

Holimont (Ellicottville, NY) - Andrew Boorman - program director / Emily Dee - head coach

International

Japan Factory (1 hour north of Tokyo) - Koji Sasaki

GSS snowboard team (Japan) - Akira Matsuzato

Team FIST (Scuol, Sui) - Rene Hurlmann

Share team information in a new post as follows:

Example:

TEAM CSC (since 2002)

Coach: Dylan Riley and Matt Haines (Jr. Race program)

Contact

Website

Twitter

Facebook

Year round on/off snow training program based in Calgary/Canadian Rockies.

Current Team riders are aged 13-18.

Team is open to those that love racing and show commitment.

This is not an endorsement of any other team. Make sure you research the team well and ask questions.

Edited by MJB
Team list update

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start a branch of the S.M.A.R.T. team here at Silver Mountain for junior and masters age boarders interested in racing and freecarving.I am testing the waters with management at another resort too.The race director at Silver would want us to follow their model which would involve regular training throughout the season.Highly unlikely that we will get many young people in this region interested in alpine specific but there seems to be potential in masters.

Slightly off topic; I think that regular freecarve technique sessions would be a cool step toward interest in racing,as we would have a dedicated arena making it safer and less apt to peeve the senior citizen two plankers on the rest of the hill.

Back to the younger set;I could be pleasantly surprised with some youth getting into it considering that so many young people have been asking smart questions and giving me cudos on the 'sick' riding I've been doing.

We are expanding our SBX program to include Freestyle and Alpine for next season.

Coaches for the SBX and Alpine program will be myself, Ross Hindman, and Nate Parks. We are still working on the freestyle end.

Training will take place primarily in Tahoe, except for early season which will be in Colorado. Focus will be on Nor-Am to World Cup level athletes.

Facebook ISTC-International Snowboard Training Center

Team: The G-Team

Location: Hyland Hills Ski & Snowboard Area - Minnesota (Twin Cities Metro)

Team Director: Jessica Zalusky

Alpine Coaches: Karl Koehle, Troy Dolan

Gate training available for team members 4 days a week during winter.

Alpine riders compete in regional

events (Upper Midwest Series), and the local "Carving Cup."

Riders of age are encouraged to compete in FIS Nor-Am events.

Training programs are currently being developed for adult riders.

start a branch of the S.M.A.R.T. team here at Silver Mountain for junior and masters age boarders interested in racing and freecarving.I am testing the waters with management at another resort too.The race director at Silver would want us to follow their model which would involve regular training throughout the season.Highly unlikely that we will get many young people in this region interested in alpine specific but there seems to be potential in masters.

Slightly off topic; I think that regular freecarve technique sessions would be a cool step toward interest in racing,as we would have a dedicated arena making it safer and less apt to peeve the senior citizen two plankers on the rest of the hill.

Back to the younger set;I could be pleasantly surprised with some youth getting into it considering that so many young people have been asking smart questions and giving me cudos on the 'sick' riding I've been doing.

Hey Steve, let us know the updates! I'm already really interested. What do I need to qualify? :) You can PM/email me to avoid taking this thread off track.

The Copper Alpine Snowboard Team is still active..

This year Nate Parks set courses and coached.

I was a guest coach for four or five weekends and set for them when I was training my private athlete at Copper.

Jeff White (race dept) will not let that program die! Things will be fine for next season.

Hmm, I dont know if Team Copper is still active or not since I last was with them two years ago. Coach Maccarron wasn't able to come back this year. So I think its coach noah? -shrugs-

Not this coach Noah

Ski Ward Snowboard team (I need a new name)

Coaches - Noah Cermak, Steve Fleck

Ski Ward - Shrewsbury, MA

When: Tuesday nights - 7-9

Saturday on shedule, but interest has been low

CHEAP!, and a good opportunity to get in some gates...

USASA Based

PCSBT.org

FIS athletes at the WC level.

USSA at the nor-am level

USASA for fun.

Lots of training with me.

Unlike noah and fleck i'm not cheap but this year we had a coach to train or ride with almost every day the lifts turned.

Plus the PC race arena is unmatched. And the snow is beyond sick.

PGS and PSL, come get some!

Mont Blanc, close to Tremblant has a "rookie" team, part of Snowboard/Ski School program.

Coach: Pierre Depont ( his daughter Jade is a NorAm Racer, member of Patrick Gaudet team )

Team dedicated to Weekend+Xmas programs ( 30+ days ) for young racers ( 8-16 yrs old ).

They race provincial & USASA level events. They have 1 or 2 athletes at FIS level.

Team size: 20 athletes, 2 coaches

As the kids grow up, they join Pat Gaudet team at Tremblant Snowboard Club.

Oshawa Lowriders Snowboard team since mid 90's

alpine GS racing, hoping to introduce some recreational BX next year

Coaches - Rob Cox(me), Eric Prandovsky

Oshawa Ski Club - (all 315' vert of it)

program runs 5day Christmas camp and Jan-Feb weekends 9-noon

current roster, 18 athletes from 12-16 yrs.

program is available for riders from 8-19 yrs

AOS provincial based, hoping to include some USASA WNY races next season

• 4 weeks later...

It's nice to see there are quite a few dedicated programs out there.

We have nothing formal at Okemo but if anyone is interested in learning to run gates, they're available most Saturdays and Sundays on our NASTAR course.

Last year we set aside a Friday for a clinic and Noah came up to provide the coaching. We had about a dozen racers and had a chance to review video on a big screen later.

I hope to run a similar event this coming winter.

We have nothing formal at Okemo but if anyone is interested in learning to run gates, they're available most Saturdays and Sundays on our NASTAR course.

Last year we set aside a Friday for a clinic and Noah came up to provide the coaching. We had about a dozen racers and had a chance to review video on a big screen later.

I hope to run a similar event this coming winter.

Pat it's official

Team Okemo

I wanna be a member

;)

• 10 months later...

Thanks MJB -

Its like you skipped right over my earlier post...Ski Ward. Better name - we are now part of the zero G snowboard and freeski team. even though we are trying to build up G's ...what can I say - the freestyle angle attracts more riders. then we convert 'em

Stratton Competitive Snowboard Team run by Al Messler, trains Friday through Sunday, from Thanksgiving all the way to USASA nationals in April. We also train both Christmas and February holidays, 7 days a week.

Generally we have somewhere around 20 athletes, ranging from beginners to national champions. Gate training is done mornings, then in afternoons we generally train boardercross or slopestyle.

We currently have 6 kids in hardboots (all qualified for nationals) and couple of prospects for next year.

Find us on the Statton web site. Go to programs and then look for us under "snowboard competition team".

Thanks, and good luck to all at Copper!