Note to New Members ×

Damaged board-See pics

powdahbonz

This is a board a friend has and he brought it to me for viewing to see if is rideable. I don't know about the construction on Rossignol boards so thought I would post some pics. Tried to capture the dimpling or raised top sheet. It's a Rossi x-vas 176, looks barely ridden, the top sheet damage is over the rear 4 inserts. When pressing on the deck, it doesn't appear separated but hard to tell. He didn't cause the damage, was given the baord and knows nothing about the history or what was mounted. Looking at the deck, there's a binding disc imprint that looks like a TD1 imprint.

Looking for input-Is it ok, salvage-worthy, ride the front 4 inserts, does it give you the willies. Thanks for the input.

post-6955-141842279219_thumb.jpg

post-6955-141842279222_thumb.jpg

post-6955-141842279225_thumb.jpg

:confused: Huh?

Can you elaborate on this? How would they be any different than any other binding in this respect?

O.p. says it looks like a T.D. print on the topsheet in any case.

the td1 was the worst in that respect, really small contact area but super stiff.

TD1's broke a lot of boards back in the day. I know Fin dosen't want to beleive it, but it's true. I have seen a bunch of broken boards because of that binding. The TD'2 and 3's don't have that problem.

The contact point of the TD1's was like 1/3 of the board wide inside the edge of the board. So you have the snow pushing against the edge and you pushing an inch or more inside the edge and something will give eventually. Yes they do have bumpers but in hard boots the way most people here have their boards set up do they really pressure toe to heel or more laterally?