Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

17 hours ago, HillB said:

I'm riding Saturday.  It's my day off. 

:(

Girls swim meet.  Next Saturday?

Clarification: My girls have a swim meet this Saturday.  Have to go see them swim.  Can't go snowboarding.

Edited by erazz
  • Confused 1

Day 3 in the books

Left the jj at home today and broke out the flamingo freecarve.

Had so much fun doing nonstops that I kinda ditched everyone for most of the day.  Sorry about that, just kept finding big holes in the clods of skidders and racers that I had to keep rolling with it. And it was good. Way good.I felt like I could ride again. Patrol dropped the rope on Richards around 9, a little lumpy and bumpy, but nice and rideable

In attendance today, Hill, Lance, the oddone, Rides with joy Aaron,  skier Pete, a few random softie carvers , some jackass yelling yeah!!! every 2 seconds  and about 2 million racers.

It was good. Hope more of you can make next week

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

Meh.

Not really, more like Amazingly, Astoundingly, Awesome...

That is until about 9:30 when 1 went down, which had been running on diesel all morning  due to a power failure, and was even slower than normal ,and every racer and kook was shooed over to 2.  We did not Abide, And adjourned to the Rat as soon as it opened. Some of us where into our 4th run, some their second,. I felt I was having  a rather exceptional day, and was really bummed that it ended so soon.  oh well, till next time.....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Dustin called last night, and he will be up sunday,  Snowboarder Pete told me he was riding  with our own bionic man, Arneburner, who was out testing his latest addition, his new knee, so we may be closer to full strength on sunday than we have been in a while:biggthump

• Like 1

Again with Top to bottom trains with da boys = permagrin ???????

Another beautiful day for a rip. Super stoked to have KarverKai and D.T. In the lineup. Along with us was Big Mario, Sheriff Pete, slopestar, odd job, who is finally putting the donated knowledge to good use, James and the Dude. 

Dude, I hope you are ok after the big collision today. Slope said you “walked” to your vehicle and drove yourself home. 

Ink

• Like 1

Known damage so far... concussion, extensive ligament/tendon damage to my ankle, fractured thumb, and probable MCL/ACL . will know more after seeing the Orthopedic surgeon and MRI. Not good... My season is over. Bummer I was having fun today. I'll come up and see you fruit booters for breakfast in a few weeks. 

Thanks to EVERYONE for hanging and helping me out. The LCI RULES !

P.S the guy I ran into got thumped but not hurt. 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, monodude said:

Known damage so far... concussion, extensive ligament/tendon damage to my ankle, fractured thumb, and probable MCL/ACL . will know more after seeing the Orthopedic surgeon and MRI. Not good... My season is over.....

Damn Dude, 

When you go big, you go really big! Keep us updated

Mario

• Like 1

12 hours ago, monodude said:

... concussion, extensive ligament/tendon damage to my ankle, fractured thumb, and probable MCL/ACL . will know more after seeing the Orthopedic surgeon and MRI. Not good... My season is over. Bummer I was having fun today...

Dude, you were having a rippin' good time, layin' some schweet trenches, up to that point.  I was glad to see the other guy ok, but FWIW, noobies shouldn't be butt-slip-sliding across blue runs, especially below drops.  But, as he said, "It happens.", so maybe it wasn't his first time.  Anyway, listen to the docs and maybe they can get you fixed up in time for the Dancing with the Stars finale.  Best wishes and keep us in the loop on your recovery!

James

• Like 1

14 hours ago, monodude said:

Known damage so far... concussion, extensive ligament/tendon damage to my ankle, fractured thumb, and probable MCL/ACL . will know more after seeing the Orthopedic surgeon and MRI. Not good... My season is over. Bummer I was having fun today. I'll come up and see you fruit booters for breakfast in a few weeks. 

Damn dude, leave you alone for one weekend....

Hope the meeting with the surgeon goes well and the recovery is quick!

This season is not starting out well collision-wise.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 10:59 PM, monodude said:

Dang Don, that's terrible. Sorry to hear your season's ended before the snow even started to really fall. Heal up!

• Like 1

First off, damn Don I'm really sorry to hear that. We have some knee rehab equipment that we are willing to loan out if you want just pm me. 

Scouting report: mid ride on Wednesday right now and the snow has held up great since Sunday. Super super fun. With the possibility of some more inches along the divide this week I think we are in store for a great session on Sunday! See y'all out there. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the streak continues,.

It was a plus/minus day yesterday

On the plus side, more terrain open, and kudos to the trail guys for keeping things so nice and ridable with the lack of new snow.   Great crew out, with some excellent riding .

On the minus side, a couple of collisions knocked 2 team members off of the hill. Katie, Lance, I hope you two are not dinged up too bad, and can make it back up on the hill by next weekend, let us know how you are doing.

mario

• Like 2

Happy holidays to all.....

Bloody effin cold out there today, and amazingly, it was windy! It felt like riding at lovey today, and not Aspen for once.

Small crew out today , Erazz, the excruciatingly strange and odd one, and myself.  I managed to get a few somewhat cleanish  powder lines off of 6, before I wimped out  and ran over to the relatively sheltered switchback, where I rode for about an hour before the treachery of riding over my own trenches became too much to bear. I attempted to take a few pics, but excessive shaking from the cold and impending frostbite led to some really bad shots.  Broke out the monster, the perfect weapon for soft groom and light pow. Luv that stick, got too deep into a few turns, but instead of launching me over the bars, it popped back up and kept right on truckin. I'll be back out  next sunday. Hoping for a firmish day on the Jasey Jay.

mario

• Like 4