Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Changing to SATURDAY..tomorrow...... James, BM, ennywun? ;)

Hey Chas,

Tailbone is better, but not enough that I want to get on the hill, so I am out. There may be a few out tomorrow, oddjob and Ice at a minimum

enjoy your day

mario

Rode Loveland today. I was on chair 2 and at the bottom of Home Run saw a kid who couldn't have been more than seven or eight wearing a full face helmet and just ripping little carves. Steep on his edges in his little soft boots at what looked like 30/20 angles. It was amazing. Hope for the future! Then a guy at the top asked me about my Hazelwood and said, "That's a big board. I was out here Tuesday and there was a dude on a 240. Big old twintip." He didn't seem to notice if the dude in question was in hard boots, but I immediately thought it had to be one of you LCIers... Who the heck else would even consider a 240 at Loveland?

Wow -

15" in the last 2 days. What am I doing a work?

Chris, Kevin and I were there yesterday, (Sunday). All I can say is WOW this is some wicked weather. Wind from Hell, visability was, well....

Non-exsistent up high. Went up 4 and 8, came down by braille. One second was sweet, the next was hang on crossing boiler plate wind scoured crap. It was getting better every run, but I kept falling and my ankle and my old rotten back said enough is enough. And yes I was the big whiner of the group...

Don

Feed the addiction...

Yesterday had similar wind and visibility but a lot more snow. Another great powder day. Rode the swallowtail powder board on 8 all morning. Tracks covered after each run. As the bumper sticker says "Loveland cold.windy.you wouldn't like it". A little frostbite on the goggle balaclava gap on the face to prove it.

Finished @ Loveland today. Started out with Pete, Kevin, Arne and wife. I ran into the other Monoskier and ditched everyone. Sorry guys. We wave at each other all season but never ride together. Had a blast searching and finding good spring carveable snow. Out @ 11:30.

Loved all the turns with the LCI this year, Glad to be a part of such a GREAT group of guys. See ya'll next season...

A-Basin is the last game in town now...

Don

Feed the addiction...

It was awesome riding with all of you this season, I just wish mine could have ended on a more positive note. I am looking forward to next season, the boards are away, and the mountainbike will get dusted off and make an appearance next week. I plan on getting out on the longboard as well, i'll see if I can figure out how to pump it. Thanks again, and I will see you next October if not sooner

mario

I plan on getting out on the longboard as well, i'll see if I can figure out how to pump it.
Let me know when. I was making turns on Shelly's carving board in the garage yesterday, my longboard was staring at me the whole times with a jealous look in her eyes...

• 3 weeks later...
Mark your calendars......

Saturday July 5th, details to follow

mario

Details shmetails.

changed my mind to Sunday Aug 31 for my sometimes annual sometimes not so much bbq. working on a few more sauces as well

Mario

Got my pass for next season today!

Details shmetails.

changed my mind to Sunday Aug 31 for my sometimes annual sometimes not so much bbq. working on a few more sauces as well

Mario

Got my pass for next season today!

CRAP ! I took two vacation days, got a sitter, got a limo, notified the Denver post of the "Event of the Season", took the next day off to sleep it off, got a new Tux, Hell I was even going to take a shower, shave and put on clean undies... Oh Well, best laid plans...

All kidding aside I'll try to make it.

Don

• 2 months later...

No BBq this year, too many projects goin on around the homestead, as well as impending knee surgery have left me a little less charming than usual. With any luck, you may still see me on the white ribbon of death in October, I just might have to adopt a more surfy style, at least for the beginning of the season. Torn meniscus on my back leg in case you are wondering, haven't touched a weight or my mountain bike since the end of june, though I have been drinking a fair share of beer. still feeling a bit grumpy however.

mario

Edited by big mario

sorry to read the news Mario...the Knee is an amazing body part though and can often be repaired with time and brace ? surgery is extreme so please get at least two opinions ? anyway I wish you a speedy recovery !!!!

I am going to have to concur with my ortho on this one, hurts all the time with a brace, without a brace, loaded up on vitamin I or without, something Is radically phucking wrong in there, and I am severiously missing doing the $hit I like to do to keep my powder dry. Descending on a bike is worse than climbing, and that is the only reason I haul my fat a$$ up hill. The plan is to scope it, clean out the debris, snip off the tear and send me on my merry way. 3-5 days of no weight, 2 weeks of rehab, mostly back to normal in 6-8 weeks. waiting for an opening that works for the surgeon and the insurance. Got my beer and my vape in the interim. Thanks for the good vibes, been a little down at times lately. I should maybe break out the long board, haven't thought about that til now.

mario

BIGS good luck, you'll be fine !

I have always found that after a surgical repair that required a good amount of couch time after, or in your case , large consumptions of BEER, it motivated me to get my A$$ back in shape.

Hopefully before you go under he knife, you can kick runes in the nuts for me???

• 4 weeks later...