Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Hello, I just want to add more information about my status based on Moderator's thread. I am Korean and a doctoral student from Virginia. I am eager to improve my alpine skills by beginning my life with proper technique for alpine but there is lack of information about alpine. I know it is a very early time to post my message but I hope you guys can give me some advices such as joining your group with free lessons/tips or cheaper lessons. Please give me some advices and then I will appreciate for your help.

Ps. Thanks to Bryan and Michellle for your help.

We just got an email from our friend Mugika. He's in Colorado now and had a bad first day on an alpine setup. Can anyone assist him? It sounds like he's in Denver until Dec 30th, no mention of where he's riding though.

He's been in touch with some instructors, but he can't afford a private lesson. Any volunteers? Please contact mugika2@naver.co7m (remove the seven) if you can help.

We just got an email from our friend Mugika. He's in Colorado now and had a bad first day on an alpine setup. Can anyone assist him? It sounds like he's in Denver until Dec 30th, no mention of where he's riding though.

He's been in touch with some instructors, but he can't afford a private lesson. Any volunteers? Please contact mugika2@naver.co7m (remove the seven) if you can help.

I'm sure LCI crews will instruct him everything he needs to know about alpine snowboarding. If you can contact him, please tell him to contact me if he comes back to Virginia. I also sent him an email too.

Edited by piusthedrcarve

Looking like some of the LCI will be out on Xmas eve then again on Thursday the 26th. We'll do what we can to help out if he is coming to Loveland.

Ink

Hi Ink,

mugika2 contacted me through email. He told me that somehow he can't post in BOL. I guess he may be able to read though..but not sure.

He asked me where and when LCI crews meet for 24th and 26th. Please leave the info. here so I can forward it to his email. Thanks.

Hello, this is mugika. I am now able to post on here.

I really want to say that thank you so much for you guys' concerns. I would like to go to Loveland on this Thursday to ride with you guys and get your valuable instructions and tips. I am so glad to meet alpine boarders in Colorado. Thanks Arne for teaching me today. I am so excited to see you guys on Thursday!

Shelly and I showed up late. Kept an eye open but did not see anyone else.

The wind was too bad to go any where else.

Roulette was super grippy, but the wind on the lift ride up and the wind-induced vertigo from the lift to the pitch was brutal. Richards was nice as-well. Made three runs with only Shelly and I on the pitch.

Air temp. in the parking lot was ~20ºF, with the windchill factored in, temp was definitely in the -10ºF range.

John E suggested posting here to look for a car-pool from Denver for SES.

I am coming in from Canada to Denver at 5pm on Friday Jan 31st and am looking to split the cost of gas / car-pool. I am flying out the following Sunday, but am hoping to spend a day in Denver (never really explored the city), so my return is flexible. I realise that there is a shuttle - but I thought I would see if anyone was already driving / renting a car and wanted company on the drive over to Aspen.

Thanks

Hello, Guys,

This is Yong and I safely came home. I really enjoyed riding with guys guys and appreciate for your instructions. I will miss you guys and Loveland. When I go back to Colorado, I would want to show you guys my improved alpine snowboarding skills if I can spend more time to ride in Virginia. I will keep in touch with you guys until we see coming spring or winter. By the way, Happy new year!!

John E suggested posting here to look for a car-pool from Denver for SES.

I am coming in from Canada to Denver at 5pm on Friday Jan 31st and am looking to split the cost of gas / car-pool. I am flying out the following Sunday, but am hoping to spend a day in Denver (never really explored the city), so my return is flexible. I realise that there is a shuttle - but I thought I would see if anyone was already driving / renting a car and wanted company on the drive over to Aspen.

Thanks

I think we could arrange something on both ends, including a bed in our guest room. I am planning on leaving for aspen stupid early on Saturday morning, and then riding on the Saturday morning after the banquet, getting back Saturday afternoon. I am in Denver, about 20 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic, and 5 minutes from downtown. Pm me and we will go from there

mario

The LCI are some of the best people out there in the carving community. They have helped me out with boards/bindings to use along with a ride to and from the hill on more than a few occasions

Wish I could make it up there to carve some trenches with them soon. I just have to remember to keep my hands off the snow or risk separating my shoulder in one of Mario's trenches!