Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Sunday morning temps were just above freezing at open, but we didn't quite get the smooth firm mush that we were looking for. The hill was soft enough to get an edge in well, but most places were littered with 100 calorie pack cookies, making for some chunkiness. Things warmed as the morning went on and the place softened up. By noon it was almost hot at the base and the area in front of the #1 lift maze was like a mashed potato soup. Overall a pretty good day with decent carving at various places at various times.

Today's cast of characters, including His Dudeness.

post-8519-141842367254_thumb.jpg

post-8519-141842367262_thumb.jpg

You crazy kids! Is that monodude I see in the 2nd pic?

YEP!

Season over for me, just saw on the lovey site they are closing this weekend, and I cannot make it up. I hope we have better snow next year. Summer BBQ @ West Denver Place July 21, mark your calenders!

mario

YEP!

Season over for me, just saw on the lovey site they are closing this weekend, and I cannot make it up. I hope we have better snow next year. Summer BBQ @ West Denver Place July 21, mark your calenders!

mario[/Q

Today was quite good considering that the temp was 52 at 9am. It was 60 when I left at 11:30. Tomorrow may be the last sunny day of the season so I will ride again tomorrow. The snow was better than Sunday, so my guess is that tomorrow will be decent. Hope to see some hardbooters there.

Arne

Okay!...FINALLY on the last day of the LCI 2012 season, I get to make it up.

It's been 2 fargin' years since I've ridden. I'll be the short, aging old fart that's <blink>"ripping"</blink> at recreational speeds on the obnoxious neon yellow board.

Anyone else I may know who plans to attend the last hurrah?

-Charles

post-241-141842367825_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got out on the bike last sunday with Farmer and some of his rugger buds, and I didn't die, or puke for that matter. Thinking of a rather liesurely spin up lair o the bear on thursday evening, say fiveish, anyone interested?

mario

They just opened (or reopened) a trail on North Table Mountain (north of Golden). The trailhead is off of the south end of Easley on Ridge Road. The trail ascends a ravine and splits. If you take the left fork, it traverses the south flank of North Table Mountain (above highway 58) and the ascends another ravine to the west. Once you climb this ravine you wind up on top of NTM where you can follow a road back to the top of the 1st ravine and then descend it.

The trail isn't too technical. It is only about a 5 minute ride from my work. I can do it in about 1:15 from work. Try it. You might like it.

Edited by John E

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BBQ moving to Aug 18th Due to a bunch of scheduleing conflicts. One of those conflicts gives me a hall pass on the weekend of July 21st, anyone wanna do a gravity day at sol vista or the park?:biggthump

mario

Aug 18th :biggthump

July 21st - flying home mid day :(

• 3 weeks later...
What a great day yesterday fellas! Bigs, good to see you keep the rubber side down.

Ink

you forgot the slow-mo endo swan dive to face plant. Came close to needing some serious orthodntia work there! Severiously fun day, definately want to do that again!

mario

you forgot the slow-mo endo swan dive to face plant. Came close to needing some serious orthodntia work there! Severiously fun day, definately want to do that again!

mario

Definitely a fun day!

It was entertaining watching Mario trying to move mountains, literally, one mouthful at a time :D