Note to New Members ×

TD3 Race Version

*Ace*

Maybe it's viral marketing and it's the exact same damn thing as the TD3, but now racers will want to try it just because it could be good for racing.

and wrong again, there is definitely a difference between the stock and the race modified ones

I would say modified cant disk to centre disk interface, or modified cant disk base to e-ring interface, to allow more sideways flex then toe-heel flex.

This would work the best with 0deg cants, using the shims under toe/heel blocks for desired lift.

It could even be a thicker centre disk to allow another smaller elastomer between the top lip of centre disk and the cant disk. That would give total suspension, without any metal on metal contact. I always wandered why that wasn't there even on TD2s.

3rd guess would be another base under the elastomers to transfer the pressure right to the edge of the board. Not very likely, as the setup would become really high... But then, Hangle/Vist are really high too...

I would say modified cant disk to centre disk interface, or modified cant disk base to e-ring interface, to allow more sideways flex then toe-heel flex.

This would work the best with 0deg cants, using the shims under toe/heel blocks for desired lift.

It could even be a thicker centre disk to allow another smaller elastomer between the top lip of centre disk and the cant disk. That would give total suspension, without any metal on metal contact. I always wandered why that wasn't there even on TD2s.

3rd guess would be another base under the elastomers to transfer the pressure right to the edge of the board. Not very likely, as the setup would become really high... But then, Hangle/Vist are really high too...

No, no and no. Like Deon said the base plates and elastomer are the same and stalk. I am running 3 and 3.

There already is total suspension with the TD2 and 3. Try removing the elastomer from your TD2s and put it together. You'll see that the e-ring can move independently of the center disk, which stays bolted to the board. Without a solid metal center disk, the mounting bolts and inserts would have to absorb a fair amount of movement, and would likely become a common point of failure.

I'm well aware of how the TD2/3 binding works. No one calls for removal of ellastomer or centre disk. With the current setup cant disk sits on the e-ring, pressed with the lip of the centre disk. As you apply the force to one side e-ring compresses even more, while the oposite side of cant plate pushes up against the lip of the centre disk. That's metal on metal contact and vibration still can get through, somewhat. What I suggested is a thicker centre disk to allow for another small e-ring on TOP of the cant plate, but UNDER the lip of the centre disk. FULL suspension, up and down.

What I suggested is a thicker centre disk to allow for another small e-ring on TOP of the cant plate, but UNDER the lip of the centre disk. FULL suspension, up and down.

I was kinda hoping that the standard TD3 would have this... that and access to the center disk mounting bolts are the only improvements I could think of from TD2s.

You guys are all over thinking it. Just get the TD3.

After the racers have throughly tested their version long term, then you would probably be able to purchase the easy upgrade if you choose.

Keep in mind most people here think racing and freecarving is so different, you probably don't want the race version anyways.....According to some.

Trappy you need to spend more time in the gym and less time online...Same goes for you Deon.