Note to New Members ×

Aspen Cougars

John Gilmour

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Keep the updates coming, John. We missed you, we rode Snowmass all last week, but left the day you were to arrive. Enjoy the pow, hope the split tail Rossi is still in action! This last/still-current storm dumped some major pow on our side of the divide.

tom.

Lost the manager "D" of the two girls to the dark side of skiing..at least temporarily. I set them all up with used set ups boots bindings boards for $150. Not bad for a Burton Custom with burton bindings and virtually unworn white 32 boots.

So "D" will be skiing-trding in her board for skis at least until Feb when we have a good base and softer snow. , took her out to Cache Cache (where Aspen cougars sharpen their claws and lay in waiting at the bar- tons of Texas cougars everywhere..'tis the season... she easily deflected all of them- the cougars were too intimidated to approach...good job) for her 25th birthday because the other two girls were late. She just wanted chicken wings at Zanes..that is just wayyyyy too sad for her 25th. So I took her to Cache Cache (yum) for Chicken Coq au Vin and their famous apple tart. Turns out she has a Polo ranking of 1. Later the others showed up so we all had a second dinner at Kinichi sushi.

My Polish ski instructor friend who is supplying the girls with discount gear- he had a funny thing to say about Aspen cougars.. "Face is so soft, sort of younger looking and good skin- probably from expensive face lifts and injections- but they all have old hands ....like claw of rooster!". Gotta dodge the cougar claws I say.

Trying hard to get these girls passes and jobs. Introduced "M" to the lift director at Snowmass so he can put a face with her when the application comes in. Trying to find them special events to promo for like winter X-games.

"S" seems to like Breckenridge (had her first day there yesterday on the snow)...boooooooooo Breck! But seeing as they already have a place in Glenwood Springs- which was their polo base- Aspen will be easier to get a job.

Poor "M" had her car attacked by a mountain lion. lion1.gif I will have to post pics of the damage.... it's amazing. It appears they have one on their roof of their house which is trying to eat the local cats. I saw the giant paw prints all over her car (holy crap!) and teeth marks on her bumper and wheel well. I think it is $3000-$5000 of damage and repaint. The call to the insurance company must have been hysterical.

Her car is not as badly damaged as this one.. but pretty bad..the paw prints on hers is bigger. So you can be sure I am NEVER driving my car to their house to visit.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/cougarcar.asp

So I guess from this she is already predisposed to be wary of cougars. I doubt it was a dog that bit her car as the paws are simply way too big.

Beware of cougars, pretty but "hands like claw of rooster" well these claws did some real damage.

I might put them in their snow polo jackets and have them pose around the car and the damage and get Snow Polo some more press and help them get jobs..The Aspen Times always needs a good story....the most popular page in that paper is the listing if the previous nights DUI arrests.

"M" became a real snowboarder yesterday... connecting her turns and stopping in both directions and even able to initiate turns in both directions switch. I introduced her to carving. She had tried to snowboard for 7 times before with no success for several years....pretty much (7) "FIRST days of snowboard pounding and falling". Ouch... very determined (most women would give up after 2 "first days". I think she is going to do really well. Most of their issue was body position over the edge. I need to get her a narrower board..perhaps an older Arbor Push.

Not to disappoint you guys....but I never intend to hit on any of my cougar protectors. this year or the ones from the last season I was in Aspen- as a general rule I don't date in Aspen- it detracts from the snow. They are just there to be friends and keep those uber nasty cougars at bay in exchange for riding lessons and hot cocoa. I am still great friends with Andrea - the girl from South Africa... She and her friend affectionately called me their Aspen Dad. I just look out for them... warn them of weird Aspen guys and cook them dinner once in awhile. which reminds me..I have to cook "M" "D" and "S" Christmas Eve dinner tonight... tougher since both "S" and "M" are gluten free and vegans. I have very limited recipes.... :(

The real question...can I get "S" and "M" good enough to try hard boots by SES 2011?

dis guy is clearly smoking something..:freak3:

Reminds me of living in California. I lived in a 3000sq/ft 3 bedroom 4 bathroom place with 2 living rooms and 3 fireplaces..all nice Viking type appliances- elevator opens into the place on the beach in front of a decent surf break and a 3 minute skate from the local skatepark on the beach in Venice CA. I found it first day I was in Los Angeles.

The owner just dumped $250K into it and his new wife moved in and after a few days made him move. It has very little sand between me and the ocean (about the closest you can get to the water from Marina del Rey to Santa Monica...about 60 yards so the surf is loud. Best part is the owner over priced it (it sat for the first 4 months I was in Los Angeles)and then after the price drop it was no more than the rent in Santa Monica. The run down 3 bedroom 2 bath place in Santa Monica was being sold and forced the move. It was a very good move. My GF bought surfboards and we got lessons in front of our house. I taught a lot of people to catch their first wave that year including her 19 year old blond twin nieces from LMU, her tenants, and skating friend Karl. It made being away from Aspen seem ok at the time. Yes Aspen is that much fun.

So being on the first floor about 7 feet above the endless parade of people on Ocean Front Walk.. it was pretty cool. But also pretty cold and sometimes really windy. i would never do that again. It was also vey expensive, but it was the California dream. The doggies loved it- so did the turtles. It was a good house to throw parties...which we did..frankly too much...which is why I gained weight. Jim Morrison used to live in the house next door. Our friend and neighbor Thomas, renovated that house but kept "the Doors". We were just to the left of the Washington Blvd . Pier which divides Venice from Marina del Rey.

But if you walked 8 blocks North you went into a throw back area of Venice from the 1960's.

If you know me.. you know I don't do drugs and barely drink. My Gf's 18 yr old son at the time went on his birthday and promptly came back with a Medical Marijuana card the morning of his 18th birthday. He is a fantastic skier, great soccer player, amazing boulderer/rock climber, brilliant to talk to, in well. pretty much perfect health. I wondered..how did he get a card???... is it that easy? These "doctors" hawk their consultations all day long... one even uses Yorkie puppies to bring people closer in to talk.

So i go up to one of these places. I have no intention of buying a medical marijuana card. I would never do that to my lungs. I guess I will never win a Gold Medal.

JG : "Hi, I'd like to get a Medical Marijuana card"

"Dr." Well how is your health?"

JG "My health couldn't be better, I don't take any drugs, have no pain, and am in perfect health. In fact I donate blood every 6-8 weeks. I just had a check up and I am A-OK."

"DR." Well I can't give you a card unless there is something wrong with you...surely there must be something that isn't right?

JG "Y'know ...well ...come to think of it.... last night we were playing Yahtzee and I won every game but the 6th game... which I barely lost. After that I felt kinda depressed. I don't usually lose.

The Doctor started hastily filling out the script....

"DR" The cost for my evaluation is $150.00

JG " well $150 is too much" (satisfied that there is no real requirement for the card at all I start to walk away)

Oddly They wait until I get a certain specified distance away from the place and then re-approach me...

"Dr" We can do it for $75.

JG- "The place 2 blocks up said $50"

"DR" Okay how about $40?"

(I kept on walking)

My ex-Gf was laughing like crazy... "Yahtzee?...really?"

No wonder it's California's biggest cash crop.

and no...I have never played Yahtzee ...I'd sooner bungie jump without a cord.

John, I am living vicariously through you! Enjoy the ride. Let me know if you land a large A/V job up there as I like to moonlight especiallyin CO. Thanks again for the coaching last season!

Actually, I just might have some work for you.

I had Christmas dinner at "My favorite Texans of all time" house- stunning place views of Ruthies run, Highlands, and Buttermilk all from their heated floor outdoor deck. They can watch their own private jet land as they overlook the airport approach. They run 37 car dealerships including the world's largest Honda dealership. I figure that and the Jet and they just might be linked to having the worlds Largest related carbon foot print next to Henry Ford and John D. Rockerfeller. They are older but can party with the best of them... really fantastic people. Hard workers at everything they do.

They had this new spec home wired by a local company which I will call "P".

"P" does a lot of other local homes...very old school.... home runs to dedicated rooms and closets. Me...I'd rather run a Ruckus

http://www.ruckuswireless.com/company/more

system - a smart mesh (not unlike a SONOS smart mesh) that is enterprise ready and give everything it's own IP. Do all system updates and any trouble shooting or addition of new pieces remotely. One giant zone..no glitchy multiple router handoffs... it's perfect.

In homes over 6500 sq ft it saves a TON of wire- no busting through walls. But the HT rooms I like doing old school. Mostly because they are not always part of distributed networked audio. Wire runs can be kept extremely short and high quality.

So one of their friends has a place in Aspen (Likely also a large home) and another in Florida. If things work out perfectly.... I'd do the Aspen one in a few weeks - fly in Bang and Olufsen's best installer in the country (he is selling his Bang and Olufsen franchise so is now free...finally!- best installer ever) to do all the programming and integration and you to pull wire.

I'd pick out the gear for best acoustic match to each room- spec wire, and do the final parametric EQ tune. Make it sound like they are in the room with the performer.

I'd hope to do the Florida home in the rainy season in Aspen.

But as of now I'm just waiting for a call as I am not pushy about these things. I'll have to wait until his Crestron freezes and he decides he would like things to work 100% of the time. Not that Crestron is bad... it is amazing if you have a great programmer (but really awful and wonky if the programmer is bad)

...and this guy I have is simply the best I have ever seen.....he just never makes mistakes. Some people's brains are just wired for this...he's one of those guys. Not great at sales..but his install is well - flawless.

Local company "P" is awful at Crestron.... shockingly bad.... I'm not sure how they get away with it.... really bad menu structure and icons , confusing interfaces, lack of basic logic and intuitiveness- poor integration- macros that are sorely lacking..etc etc etc.. it's neither cool nor fun and makes the owner look like they got taken to the cleaners....an Emperor's new clothes type of thing..gross.

The amount of $150,000- $250,000 sound systems in Aspen that sound significantly worse than a well chosen $1200- $1500 system is just appalling...

The last one I did ran about $13,000 (and that was with a lot of expensive late changes and additions by the owner...it should have cost $9,500) and blew away their previous system. Mostly because I was able to use architectural features and reflection of the homes ceiling to have a single pair high quality speakers do the duty of 4 pairs of less quality speakers. All without ever needing to adjust the volume for each room as you moved... very cool install.

So don't get your hopes up for a $250,000 install... I just can't do that to people....ie...peppering the celling with a zillion low to mid-fi overpriced in ceiling speakers- closets of amps whining all the time, 1000 feet of $45 a foot speaker cable...nope that's not me.

They might range up to $70K tops for a killer HT and a few rooms of high quality sound. They can always add more later..I tnd to sell peple less than what they expect. Rarely I will do a $120K for a state of the art two channel room....one that wins best of show at the audio shows...and that's still $100,000 less than their closest competitor...why not do it...because most people want something that sounds 80% as good for 1/4 the price.

But for me..I like to do fewer true high quality pieces which provide the backbone of the system and a few decent quality fill pieces to round out the square footage. ..not just mid quality splattered everywhere with all the associated time delay issues. it's better, less expensive per square foot, simpler and more reliable with a lot less labor...plus it has resale value and easy upgradeability and is more future proof. I have clients with systems that are 20 years old- that still thank me, and I am proud not to have to sell them anything else...save for the occasional new Plasma or processor.

One good thing is we could discuss layout and install goals while riding the chairlift...without the typical phone distractions. And don't think I wouldn't put you to work on the slopes passing along what I taught you to the bartenders...I have to get off the bunny slope...pop on my headphones and get back into Aspen riding.

Oh..Trailer Trash, don't forget to say something negative... it helps your post count.

Tonight was so "Aspen Cougar" it was off the charts... A benefit for the Art Museum

$200-$350 a ticket open bar. I volunteered to help with the silent auction- but couldn't find the supervisor in the endless sea of people- they didn't tell me to wear black... so in the end she just told me to hang out.

I helped staff the event with my cougar deflectors - they got to dress the fashion models with over $5,000,000 in furs backstage (theres a job anyone on Bomber would volunteer for)...they made friends with ALL The Models. (Good going girls!!!) We can throw a helluva party with that list. Endless Champagne was flowing- the open bar was raging.

A Furrier in Aspen, Dennis Basso, threw this over the top auction. A 2 day $50,000 ice driving class in a Ferrari (hmmm I don't think I'd be going much of anywhere in snow in a 650hp RWD car, a Milan Fashion tour for $55,000, A private Jet tour of all these AMAN Resorts for $55,000. People actually bid on this....??? The auction increments seemed to increase at random you might think you were bidding $1000 more but suddenly the auctioneer says you bid $3000 more. Kind of sickening in this economy where so many people are homeless... (note to self... technically as a couch surfer in Aspen..I'm homeless).

Last item - A fur coat that retailed for $300,000 the auctioneer couldn't get anyone to pay more than $100,000 until one guy stepped up and said "I'll buy one if Bill Powers buys one!" so they sold two. The Aspen Cougars were licking their chops over that one. A zillion private auction things that no one should be buying... But it all sold. ALL OF IT...almost every item- except maybe two truly stupid lame ones (cat flossing in home service....jk) . Even a Museum volunteer behind me bought two tickets to the EMMYS with Beverly Hills hotel and airfare bid up to $28,000 That's for TV awards...not even the Oscars.. unless I'm sitting next to Mad Men's, Christina Hendricks and eating popcorn out of her cleavage without using my hands..I just don't see the value.

Man screw that.... I'd take the $100,000 for the furs and buy every Coiler, Donek, Prior, SG, Kessler, out there and have them all waxed and rent out an Aspen run for me and my buds.

A fur fashion show followed. Lots of skinny tall models...all female (good) . Pretty much all hot. But the reality... the new Freshmen class of Gilmour Girls were much cuter.

We loaded them up on some champagne and Hors d'oeuvres.. they were digging the scene. DJ friend Dylan was spinning and doing great job.

As for snowboarding ....

I still don't have an Aspen season pass ($1899 for a Premier pass YIKES!!!) ... the snow is amongst the worst Aspen has ever had.... bare spots are forming everywhere with no snow forecast in sight- and they can't blow snow past Jan 1. because of water restrictions. Without a way to ride... it won't snow (snow nymph says unless I have a free pass and I am happy it wont snow). Kiki can't ride with me since she is 8 months pregnant. I'm still nursing my ankle/calf just to be careful.

So my days riding have only been on the Bunny slope with my 3 cougar deflectors. It is crap...but it is free. It's at The skittles lift at snowmass that connects the ski school with the Mall.... it can't be more than 300 vertical feet..and the most crowded area of all 4 mountains. But HEY it IS free (no ticket required)..and the girls have been showing up at 2:45 pm for all 3 days to go riding (not worth buying the ticket) and because they are not experienced snowboarders.. (they haven't figured out how to get ready- they wait for each other getting ready..delay delay).

But.. now on the bright side.. I've been trying to get the girls some Skico work.. this week so they can get a pass. They live down valley in glenwood a 55-90 minute drive away (today took them 90 minutes) so they have cheap rent but we still may get a place -gas alone will make it worth it.

At Skico you apply online. So most places in Aspen can't really see who they are hiring. These girls are helpful - they deserve a job instead of some of the careless jerks that work for SkiCo.... so in order to put a face with the name I introduced them to management BEFORE they applied so they could see their names come through on the applications. And this morning... they all got calls for interviews.. one after the other about 20 minutes apart..and they all got hired as lifties. I'm sure they will make people smile when they say in their sweet southern accents "how're Y'all doing today" when they load the chairs.

So now it wont be so hard to ride with them as they couldn't afford a day ticket before.

As for the real Aspen Cougars... (it isn't too late to get some photos at the next event I promise some real cougar shots from this New Years) . I saw one...maybe about late 50s early 60's... had to have at least $20,000-$60,000 of plastic surgery. I couldn't resist the temptation to get a closer look. It's like a real train wreck...you gotta get a closer look..

The lips looked like wrinkled but over inflated worm fishing lures, the hair .....long since grey and dry as a bone and brittle had been dyed deep hooker red. Body contouring, lip, neck tuck to stretch out the wrinkles , multiple facelifts, botox, face and neck and hand skin as thin as translucent parchment with age spots, and breast implants that put her at about a H-cup that must have weighed about 15-20 lbs each (but no need to even wear a bra- those boobs are so hard they are more bullet proof than Wonder Woman's wrist cuffs)... all on a 5'1" body. Just soooooo bizzare...only in Aspen. Some of them have so much foundation on...you are tempted to take a wax scraper to their cheeks to level them out. It's such a natural look........uh NOT!

Not many attractive women there save for the models and my girls. See money can' buy everything after all. I'll take a UVM party any day over this.

Tonight was so "Aspen Cougar" it was off the charts... A benefit for the Art Museum

$200-$350 a ticket open bar. I volunteered to help with the silent auction- but couldn't find the supervisor in the endless sea of people- they didn't tell me to wear black... Blah blublah bluhblah blah....

I'll believe it when you show it to me in person there T.J.

Aspen Cougars are real...and scary. Just go to any benefit like this that attracts the Private Jet folk. Nothing like a black card(the ultimate plastic..though it's really metal) to load up on plastic surgery. It's not like I like the luxury so much...I'd rather have a "Slider bar" than a caviar bar..

I'd rather order Ray Bari Pizza from NYC than Fillet Mignon.

-but at times I am dumbfounded by it.

One lady-a nice one, an Aspenite, who loves luxury ...hunts for it at times and has Aspen completely wired for it. ...was sitting next to my and was commenting about a certain "high Profile" (ultra cougar- super surgery bill- duck lipped) Aspenite who gets a tremendous amount of attention- both at the event and in the Newspaper and thick print "glam" mags. And how it sickened her to see the attention she outright "bought" for herself.

My opinion was... "Well if she wasn't able to buy attention she likely would donate nothing to the Aspen Art Museum, and the whole community would be at a loss."

...both of us paused....tilted our heads...

And there it was....

the legitimization of cougardom in Aspen.

You meet famous people in Aspen,,,even people you have no idea how or why they got famous. I met "Captain Combover" who likes to dance to "snoopy dog".

The guy in the clips below was the auctioneer..I don't go to many art auctions as I spend my money on things that do things not stuff that just sits there....

What's odd was landing on this link completely by chance in two clicks of facebook status the day after.. During the auction I thought this guy was a joke..I thought...why can't they get a guy, ..an American to do this auction.

I would not have believed it unless I had seen this sweaty auctioneer in action. Clip 3 is the best. When Colbert comes up to "add value".(I will hang this in your yacht, or walk in cocaine closet"..I would not have believed this ever happened except when Dennis Basso did it himself last night.

He was struggling to sell a $300,000 sable and alligator fur coat that came apart with zippers into other pieces.. Dennis Basso was hawking furs on the runway a few looked stylish and a many looked like some French Canadian furtrapper had stapled pelts onto a sweatshirt.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/378928/march-25-2011/exclusive-raging-art-on-1

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/378932/march-25-2011/exclusive-raging-art-on-2

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/378934/march-25-2011/exclusive-raging-art-on-3

Truth is stranger than fiction... in desperation to sell that $300,000 Sable fur.. the designer, Dennis Basso came on stage- said he would tailor it to fit anyone of any size or height, remove or exchange the buttons, have dinner with the buyers in NYC, and completely restyle the fur.. It's like telling auctioning off a dog and telling them you can change it into a cat.

In effect...

In effect change what you were buying into anything you could imagine (he'd probably make the sable into a handbag and a fur coats and booties for the buyers 6 Pomeranians. and the rest could be turned into sable Merkins- perhaps suitable for Aspen cougars with a particular type of balding. ...that folks is a kind of desperation...I haven't seen in a person.

I guess it paid off though... instead of not selling it...he sold two for $100,000. The Sable that made the fur probably went through a 100lb bag of Purina cat chow ...cost in bulk... $45.

In comparison... I am told Aspen charged $115 for a lift ticket this holiday season for skiing on what amounts to be rocks, ice and a very thin layer of hard groom.

I think the cocaine consumption in Aspen by the management is making them loose their minds. ..tickets should have been $40. if they spread the cocaine on the slopes instead of in their noses... that would be freebasing.

FYI for those who stumbled onto this thread before it was moved...

I never started an Aspen cougar thread... it was a conversation that got ...wellll... off topic and split off the original thread..and ended up in this off topic forum. Sine y'all (that's my southern girls rubbing off on me) seem to enjoy it...I decided to do some cougar coverage.

All I need now are either this...

http://www.frontgate.com/carbon-fiber-digital-spy-pen/399782 or this..

http://www.frontgate.com/video-sunglasses-with-2gb-memory-card/26537

to get some spy photos.

I thought someone might get pissed... but then again...we have no carving cougars in our tiny group.... and everyone seems to look forward to coming to Aspen's SES.

I don't worry too much about an actual Aspen cougar finding this.. as I doubt many ride Bomber bindings. They would shop before they would ski, ski before they would snowboard, snowboard before they would do what is in essence squats while carving, and the only time they would squat is for $20,000,000 dollars.

Next stop....New Years Eve Aspen cougar parties......

First day I could "actually sorta" ride.. Before I could not do any real semblance of toe side turn all of last season. I'm dialed back to about 40% toeside but that is something to work with.

I took my park bench split powder board out..which had just been resurfaced (looked absolutely new... it was the only thing positive about the Mammoth experience ) .. and bough an Ajax ticket. >>>shudder the rocks..... and the super icy surface..like East coast in early November.

I call Aspen to find out the lift ticket price... a Baltic sounding fellow answers..

Skico: "Hello Aspen Ski Co" -Baltic accent-

(I have found when you want better customer service I always talk in a similar accent- so If I get a Hispanic, or gay, or Black, or Ultra white guy, or Russian, whatever I try to talk exactly with the same sentence structure, word selection, and accent... it has worked well with getting refunds after being double charged from cable companies in the past)

Me: "Allo, ow much for skiing ticket to day?"

skico: "you vant single day skiing ticket?"

Me: Ya.. single day pass is be goot for me, but I am hearing there are many peebles on da snow"

Skico "de single ticket is $108"

Me: $108 for having rocs? no discount?"

Skico: "No sir, $108."

Me: "and Pro Stittoot is included ..vis dat ticket?"

Skico:"vat?"

Me: "Pro Stitoot is included vis dis price?"

Skico: "No (laughs) , vell should be included- (long pause) , but is not. It is fullprize for ski only."

The accent failed..oh well..

----

Yes $108 for rocks.... hmmm not a great deal but I buy it anyhow. sort of like paying $25 for a small bottle of warm water at a Rave (not that I've even been to one) . You know you are getting taken but you buy it anyway. ...for 4 days at this price I might have been able to buy a season pass with blackouts at Vail.

The damage to my board after a few runs on Silver bells (the most rocks) was equivalent to an entire season. Some rocks got imbedded in my base and had to be picked out with an awl. Long gouges..and I was working my best to avoid it.. it was like hoping across hot coals. Every CLACK! of the sound of a rock had my shoulders rise up and cringe. Ironically... I should have been on a Madd 158 instead- hard to beleive but those old speckled bases are tough and though you hear noise- after 19 years I am still surprised to flip the board over and see virtually no evidence of hitting a rock at all. but sigh...I'm on the Rossignol Judge which is getting hit like the Millennium falcon in a meteor belt. (nerd reference)

After tweaking my bindings in ski shack... surveying the damage.. oh crap gotta get off of this trail....

I fled to Ruthies..

Ruthies was much better, in fact...good conditions for carving. I could ride about 40% which for the first day I was really pleased....only slightly re-tweaking the ankle... and working hard enough on low carves that it hurts to sit as I type this. (read ..day off.) If sigh... only I could drive to the Grand Tetons...without snow tires I would never get there.

http://jacksonhole.com/mountain-info/conditions/weather-snow-report.html

which has 123" so far and 10" last night...

but get this... in Aspen it is not cold 44 degrees making us about 40 degree warmer than normal for this time of the year.... it feels like late March early April. I am sick with a cold some ski instructor gave me. It's about the best conditions I could expect for being sick. I am sure there are a some more resorts with better snow but they don't have Ruthies run.

Ruthies with this little snow wasn't planar... it might not get planar this season... double fall lines everywhere,- pockets.. scoops.....I have never seen it like this. You just have to pay attention...and forget 70mph (and 200 heart beats per minute) rocket rides without it being planar.

This morning it is incredibly windy for Aspen...about 20- 30 mph gusts the trees are swaying (rarely happens at the bottom of the hill) ..... WTF is going on with the weather??

My advice to fellow carvers... look into Jackson Hole... this will not be a good season for Aspen and I'll see y'all next year (you can mail order Zeals from me instead of picking them up from me in person) the Caribbean is looking like a good snow alternative.

... or

me: "Ow much for aeroplane ticket ride to Jacksons holes?"

Tonight is New year's Eve.

I might meet someone named Eve tonight.

Last Night I took my cougar body guards "M" and "S" to see Carmen Lundy sing for Aspen Winter Jazz Festival.. it was amazing.. these are some of the things Aspen does best. The show was phenomenal. The drummer and Pianist were some of the most talented I have ever seen. Good champagne too. We went to both the 7:15 and 9:30 shows... it was that good. Between shows I took them out for chinese food. I'm biased as my cousin married Carmen Lundy six years ago- but the music is really good and even though I would have never guessed... even better Live. She is nominated for grammy this year...Aspen does these sort of things well.. AFAIK Carmen doesn't have Jackson Hole on her tour dates...after this she goes to London, Greece, turkey, and The Hollywood Bowl. Where else could you see a top act 40 feet from you that would normally play at the Hollywood bowl? Without crowds and good food?

Aspen New Years is a a free for all.

2 years ago.. I was double booked DJ'ing and driving a limo for a friend who was over booked.I had to be in three resorts at the same time. The Aspen new years bomber shut down the Aspen core with a bomb threat... the police shot him.. and all my gigs were cancelled- thought I still got paid.. even the Limo was cancelled because the core was closed as they looked for the bombs. is till got paid for that..and because the bus system and core was shut down I made a lot just shuttling people around that could not get their cars out of the core.

so Aspen new years is expensive, crowded.. figure on $350pp for the party at the Sky hotel new years- and more for the better hotels and even the liftie hang out Escobar is charging $100.

The Best party is on Red Mountain, Aspen's infamous Lingerie party, (lingerie and nothing else .. is the dress code) where dancers are flown in from NY, Los Angeles, Vegas and Miami and they have multiple DJ's ..I wonder what the Cocaine concession for that is worth?

I like driving a limo for my friend on the lingerie party night... its so surreal having 6 women pile into your Suburban dressed for this party.

Which reminds me to be on call for Limos tonight.